It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godzilla 2 is in the works

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That's right ATS. Godzilla is coming back...and this time he's bringing friends!

So I've been hearing a lot coing out of comic-con recently. One thing that made my ears perk up is that there will be a Godzilla 2. I remember the recent remake caused a little bit of a stir here. I saw it...and while I didn't love it i certainly enjoyed seeing the big guy on the big screen again.

From everything I've read Gareth Emery is going old school for this one. Aside from Godzilla we'll have Rodan, Mothra and Ghidora in the sequel (I've heard there will actually be a third film). While the kid in me jumps for joy I have to wonder if it's too much and will end up like Spiderman 3 (with too many characters and not enough story). Then again, it's Godzilla...how much story do we need?

I have no idea of a release date but I'll be keeping my eyes on this one.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
See, that meltdown of the nuclear power plant in Japan has some positive effects. Godzilla is returning.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
See, that meltdown of the nuclear power plant in Japan has some positive effects. Godzilla is returning.

The "effect" of 'Godzilla' that the producers (The Pentagon) were going for was to deflect and ridicule theories that Fukushima is a threat to human life.

The use of military equipment and personnel in the production of a movie should indicate the SERIOUSNESS of the situation, not it's insignificance.

That a third sequel is rumoured in this PsyOp propaganda trilogy only reinforces my belief in the commitment of the Nuclear Industry to the prolonged meltdowns at Fukushima. If an end to the disasters was foreseen, the MIC would not be involved in these sequels.

Japan is forcing people back into the EXCLUSION ZONES that Brian Cranston in 'Godzilla', claimed to be safe.

This week Japan passed new workplace safety regulations TRIPLING the allowable amounts of radiation exposure a worker may be subjected to in a Nuclear Disaster. Similar re-evaluations of standards are happening here in NA, including a MIT report that evacuations aren't really necessary at all!

As the accumulated effects of Fukushima continue to amass, the US military is becoming more deeply involved in the creation of propaganda movies that misrepresent the realities of Nuclear Meltdown.

Seems the Pentagon is committing more resources to making movies about meltdowns than to actually fixing the situation in Japan!

What does this tell you about their intentions?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
First one, in this series, sucked. A few cool scenes, but jesus, what a snore fest.

I'm not asking for deep characters or a super complex story line, just give me something that isn't stereotypical bs.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It's a movie about a 300 foot tall monster, do you expect gone with the wind? Take it for what it is, a kick butt kind of movie. Beside it beat the hell out of that Mathew broderick turd a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Legendary is also making a new King Kong film called Skull Island. Legendary made the new Godzilla movie. So of course this means dun dun dun......Godzilla VS King Kong...... Or as I call it the perfect third film in any trilogy.
edit on 31-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Yes, but will they have two different endings like the original?

Great call BTW. I would be stoked if they did that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Legendary is also making a new King Kong film called Skull Island. Legendary made the new Godzilla movie. So of course this means dun dun dun......Godzilla VS King Kong...... Or as I call it the perfect third film in any trilogy.

Won't happen.

GODzilla and King Kong are both the 'Good Guys';

now GODzilla AND Kong as a tag team is a distinct possibility, but that would require the US and Ukraine uniting to conquer Russia.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

It has happened before. There is already a Godzilla VS King Kong......Godzilla Vs King Kong

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It has happened before. There is already a Godzilla VS King Kong......Godzilla Vs King Kong

Yeah, but that was before GODzilla was drafted by the P'gon and IAEA as a vehicle for brainwashing the sheeple about the three melting down reactors of Fukushima.

Kong, we know, has been a teddy bear ever since Fay stole his heart.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If we are being honest Godzilla is just a sequel to Gareth Edwards movie Monsters. He took what he was doing in that movie and put it in the Godzilla universe. I do not think he is working for the pentagon. But I respect your theory and if I am being honest with myself. I just want to see two kick butt monsters beating each other up no matter what the underlying meaning is.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
All those fresh ideas out of Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
All those fresh ideas out of Hollywood.

I do not know why people complain about this. There are a ton of unique movies being made. They are just not in the theater. Then there is a whole world of independent films out there too. Also when unique movies are released in theaters. No one goes to see them.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I do not think he is working for the pentagon.

They don't furnish aircraft, tanks, ships, vehicles and weapons for movies WITHOUT having control of the script.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Why? What a waste of money. Thanks for the heads up. I can allocate my finances to better movies to enjoy.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
YES!!!! I freaking loved the new Godzilla as I am a huge fan of the old ones.

This makes me very happy.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Least they made a far better job with these remakes than they did with that other poor excuse remake of a godzilla filim

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Cool!
They need to re-enact this some how though.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexico I can allocate my finances to better movies to enjoy.

"Your Finances" are what paid for the making of GODzilla.

Your tax dollars at work.

GODzilla is propaganda produced by the military industrial complex of America.

If you aren't worried about nuclear meltdowns, radiation poisoning, species extinction and dying prematurely it was money well spent.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If your whole theory is right. Well at least my tax dollars are finally going to something I want lol. Godzilla fighting some of the original Toho monsters in a big budget film.

edit on 17-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join