It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Confirms New EM Thruster Violates Laws Of Conservation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I dig it!
And the fact that China has been working on doing it one way successfully for more than a year, and now that NASA successful on their own way of doing it, we may in fact see this become a reality

Like some have said before, just because they don't know how it works exactly doesn't mean that it don't work

Like gravity, the debate has gone on for centuries of its exact cause, but we can certainly measure its effects and use it well enough to land rovers on other celestial bodies

X

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

originally posted by: Sovaka
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

My issue with Blacklight is that they said they had a proven marketable prototype in 2008... It's now 2014 and still nothing to show.

Obviously they have something to show.

Go watch the videos on their YouTube channel and read the lab reports.

OBVIOUSLY they don't. Sixty million bucks bilked out of gullible investors over 20 years and they haven't brought a single product to market!

Quite an impressively long lasting scam!
edit on 31-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What I meant is that they've had 6 years to not so much perfect, but at least greatly improve on and build varying models to show its application versatility.

If they say they had a marketable prototype 6 years ago, then they should be well and truly past the point of just getting "on the right track" (as per their latest 2 hr video).

Hell... They could have easily made a small 30 - 50 kW system as an in home power supply.

But no... Like most of these technologies... They are trying to get great commercial backing and trying to build the biggest daisy chain operation.

If this technology is legit, they are trying to maintain the status quo, when they should be changing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka

What I meant is that they've had 6 years to not so much perfect, but at least greatly improve on and build varying models to show its application versatility.

If they say they had a marketable prototype 6 years ago, then they should be well and truly past the point of just getting "on the right track" (as per their latest 2 hr video).

Hell... They could have easily made a small 30 - 50 kW system as an in home power supply.

But no... Like most of these technologies... They are trying to get great commercial backing and trying to build the biggest daisy chain operation.

If this technology is legit, they are trying to maintain the status quo, when they should be changing it.

Well you're leaving a lot out of the process.

First, Mills came up with his theory in 1999. That's not all that long ago. Remember, Mills is ONE man with ONE company working to develop this theory. Mills does not have the entire massive academic establishment helping him develop his theory or products. The fact he was able to produce ANYTHING in under a decade is a remarkable achievement.

Next, Mills DID create novel power supplies called a CIHT stack. However, that power was not big enough or efficient enough to be of much use. The problem was Mills couldn't figure out how to get usable power out of his new found reactions in an efficient manner.

Most of the decade following his discovery of a novel over-unity chemical reaction was spent trying to figure out how to harness that reaction to produce efficient power. Mills only recently solved this problem. This is why it's such a big deal.

Oh, and by the way, Mills doesn't need any money. He's got all the investment money he needs. I'm not even sure if they are taking on new investors at this point. I remember the defense contractor commenting that Mills wouldn't take their money even if it was offered to them.

edit on 7/31/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Seems pretty simple really if you don't think in terms of a household microwave, but in terms of a microwave as big as a house.

Our sun and all other known suns are ejecting plasma all day everyday, create a big ass funnel point it at a star collect the plasma, microwave it and create thrust in a vacuum and you have momentum....

In an atmosphere which is saturated with water, the microwave splits the oxygen and hydrogen which ignites to create thrust. the problem of course is what to use to power the microwave emitting device???...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

It's almost as good as the Moller Flying Car scam. Although that guy actually had "working" prototypes at one point.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

It's almost as good as the Moller Flying Car scam. Although that guy actually had "working" prototypes at one point.

It's not a scam if it works.

He was simply ahead of his time.

That's about to change.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Remember the Orbo? Rossi's e-cat? the RAR Energia gravity engine? Now we have the QEG.... none of them working as claimed, none of them properly tested, they are all anti-gravity contraptions - they just make people's wallets lighter!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That's about to change.

Do you have any of your money left?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That's about to change.

Do you have any of your money left?

I bought bitcoins when they were worth 9 dollars a pop.

So yeah, I do.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

That's about to change.

Hell, if you believe BLP then perhaps you'd like to invest in my new free-energy start-up.

It's called FleshLight Power™.

Proposed slogan: "You'll still get screwed, but at least you'll enjoy it."

(post by pl3bscheese removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

hehehe

I understand why you don't believe me.

What's about to happen is scary as hell.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yeah, I actually fabricated the entire Blacklight story in my mom's basement.

Ya got me.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So much anger!

Here's kittens for you:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the EM thruster thing is wonderful. truly. but you know; I like putting two and two together when there is too little information. there is very little new information on Dr Whites Warp interferometry experiments since his presentation at the starship symposium. So here I go...

Dr White was using his QVPT device to generate the field in which he was trying to detect a warp for his warp experiments. he said this at the symposium. Dr White is one of the authors on the NASA paper on the EM thrust experiment. So was Paul March who is also or was also working at NASA JPL Eagleworks lab with Dr White. Dr March is a Woodward Mach effect type guy. those two are working together. Dr March was active on the Advanced Propulsion Concepts forum (a NASA administrated forum) up until several months ago when he had to sign a NDA because of his new work. then he sort of disappeared from the forum.

so i wonder does that mean that shortly we should be hearing back from them on the second series of tests on the warp interferometer? I am speculating that Dr white's warp project is getting good results now that he built a more powerful QVPT test article and got a better interferometer.

anyway if any of you get the idea to go to that forum understand that the moderators there are very protective of NASA's reputation and image and will not let you talk about fringe topics. even some non fringe topics get shut down. so if you want to talk about UFO propulsion it isn't going to happen there. if there is a slight whiff of giggle factor on the topic it get a set of cement shoes and gets tossed into the lake. or the poster gets the cement shoes and gets banned. so don't do it.

edit on 31-7-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Very interesting, This is one to follow for sure. I get the feeling this may go the way of seeing the story being posted then it dies a strange and mysterious death into obscurity like so many other previous new breakthroughs we've all read about over the past couple of decades.

I hope I'm wrong though

There's a reason that happens. It turns out to be rubbish.

Honestly, if anyone could make free energy there would be literally NO STOPPING THEM. There is no way in the world that such a thing could be "suppressed". Think about it.

This potential propulsion system could be an exception if it doesn't violate actual energy production, but I am still sceptical. It is clear that Shawyer's original explanation for how it works was deeply flawed. If it does work, it doesn't work the way its inventor thought it did!

As for Blacklight, their black light has been illuminating the bottom of the hoax bin for years. Scam merchants, pure and simple.

Regardless of what works and what doesn't, why is Blacklight in this thread at all it only muddys the waters, the OP keeps making reference to Blacklight, almost as if Shawyer didn't exist, when he does and his idea is also his patent. It's no use either citing NASA, since so far, they go no further with a definitive answer, other that it seems to work, so to them they might use the 'halfway house' protocol.
So, that much I agree.
In edit, Shawyer's idea was inspired, and goes way back to the 1950's from ideas of Allen Cullen on microwaves.
edit on 31-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If we view mass as knotted space-time that takes energy to create which is released on its destruction (e=mc2) then all energy has a weight equivalence even if its so small we cannot detect with our current instruments. The EM Drive could be a wonderful breakthrough to understanding our environment.
Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join