It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Confirms New EM Thruster Violates Laws Of Conservation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

Good for him...This is what real science looks like. So many scientists never stray outside the box. They just copy and make things better.

Now if they can just finally prove the big bang is all a lie.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth
a reply to: rickymouse

I am afraid you are suffering from small town thinking and nostalgic for pastoral fields.this planet is ours to do wuth as we please and neanderthals and Luddites be damned.

There are trillions of planets out waiting for us to exploit and your whining whinging about this one?

Once we have star travel we can dump you on a WHOLE
pastoral planet all by yourself and or with similar like minded folks like yourself.You can wear togas and shepherd some sheep.

You know that I probably will not live longer than thirty years more the most. You better get your butt in gear and invent that technology so I can get to a new planet before this one is uninhabitable. Can I take a few cats with me or is the trip just for a test mouse?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok, so I'm hearing "electromagnetic", "plasma" and "thrust". Could this be the power source behind the black triangles which are reported to be able to hover almost silently, zip around at incredible speeds and have mysterious glowing "lights" (plasma) under them?

I don't knoooow. Pretty interesting stuff.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
Ok, so I'm hearing "electromagnetic", "plasma" and "thrust". Could this be the power source behind the black triangles which are reported to be able to hover almost silently, zip around at incredible speeds and have mysterious glowing "lights" (plasma) under them?

It makes one wonder

It makes me wonder if what we are getting is the public version of things that have been developed and researched behind the scenes for decades. It all seems so contrived.

We are going to default on the dollar, which means the petrodollar is done for. It's a remarkable coincidence that BLP came up with this energy source, and Bitcoins came out as a money, at virtually the same time the dollar is about to implode. Seems contrived at some level.

Divine intervention?

edit on 7/31/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So you think it's like LOOK a star ,lets go there when we have not as of yet understood our own star .I am not saying we shouldn't wonder and try and figure out things but for the most part we understand little about our own planet let alone our own sun/star . There is good reason to believe that Saturn was once our star and we were captured by our present one .There is way too many things we don't know and may have never asked ourselves about the Universe .IMO a reply to: championoftruth

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard

As far as I can gather, it's the electromagnetic wave that delivers the momentum to the/a satellite via the engine, there is no plasma involved, there are no propellants, as Robert Shawyer explains,
"The momentum exchange is between the electromagnetic wave and the engine, which is attached to the spacecraft. As the engine accelerates, momentum is lost by the electromagnetic wave and gained by the spacecraft, thus satisfying the conservation of momentum. In this process, energy is lost within the resonator, thus satisfying the conservation of energy.. "
That is the only way thus far to get to the stars. Those who go against Shawyer' idea would insist that thrust needs to be something exhausted. In saying that then, by implication they think Shawyer is a fraud, and even the short video is a set-up.
The Chinese are working on the EmDrive, because they have bought into it, whether that means they bought the patent, or have an arrangement with Shawyer, I have no idea.
On the other hand, and now that NASA seem to be interested by their own data, if this thing does work it is a huge step forward. Freeloading satellites doing the tango in space with orbital changes anytime anywhere at the push of a button so to speak, the satellites themselves needing to weight little more than their payload in the first instance, the Shawyer engine itself being a guidance system like a secondary brain fine tuned by controlling modulation.. at least that's what it looks like to me, a kind of electronic flywheel..no major mechanics.
Once you realise the advantages to satellites, there is no limit to the imagination about actual space travel, and the cost would be in the pennies rather than in the pounds/ Dollars/rubles/Yuan....
edit on 31-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how I get ahold of people to invest in Blacklight!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

BLP has been in the works for a quarter century. Bitcoin has been in circulation for 6 years. The dollar has yet to "implode". I don't think it's really possible anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

BLP has been in the works for a quarter century. Bitcoin has been in circulation for 6 years. The dollar has yet to "implode". I don't think it's really possible anytime soon.

Randal Mills and Hannes Alfven will be remembered for eternity as the two most important scientists to ever walk the face of the Earth. Einstein, Bohr, Fermi, and especially people like Hawking, will be derided for steering cosmology down the wrong path of science for nearly a century with their theories.

It is a pure privilege of the universe to be alive at a time when they walked the Earth.

What you believe is contradicted by what they have proven. All these things will come to pass. Major, and I mean MAJOR changes are coming to America, and the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

What you believe is contradicted by what they have proven. All these things will come to pass. Major, and I mean MAJOR changes are coming to America, and the rest of the world.

What? You're not making any sense.

I was talking about your "divine intervention" timing.

I said nothing of the validity of BLP.

You're speaking of several differnt things here.

Bitcoin, BLP, and the petrodollar should not be spit out in the same sentence, just cause.

I know you really like to act as if you can see the future, but you're not my prophet, buddy.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

While I can't see the future, I can make accurate logical predictions. Assuming we don't get blasted by an EMP from the Sun that destroys all electrical equipment on the planet, or that the US government suddenly decides to eliminate social security and medicare overnight, what I predict will happen will in fact happen.

It's fun to argue though. My ego knows I'll look like a genius when all of this comes to pass. It's irresistible.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

While I can't see the future, I can make accurate logical predictions.

You can also falsely assume. I'm calling shennanigans.

Assuming we don't get blasted by an EMP from the Sun that destroys all electrical equipment on the planet, or that the US government suddenly decides to eliminate social security and medicare overnight, what I predict will happen will in fact happen.

Now we get to see where you're REALLY full of it. Guess what? Given a long enough time line, all currencies fail. Now, put your money where your mouth is, and give me a timeline. So that I can come back and show you how much of a fool you are.

There is currently no way possible to "solve" the SS/medicare crisis that will happen decades in the future. Doesn't mean we won't figure it out by then, just that it currently seems impossible. Heard that before, right? Isn't that your whole point?

I've heard you say "real soon" and "immenent", so tell us all... how many months out is this demise of the dollar? I'm calling your BS.

It's fun to argue though. My ego knows I'll look like a genius when all of this comes to pass. It's irresistible.

Which is why it's so easy for you to be crushed. You will be shamed on this site soon enough.

Date.

Go for it.
edit on 31-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Very interesting, This is one to follow for sure. I get the feeling this may go the way of seeing the story being posted then it dies a strange and mysterious death into obscurity like so many other previous new breakthroughs we've all read about over the past couple of decades.

I hope I'm wrong though

There's a reason that happens. It turns out to be rubbish.

Honestly, if anyone could make free energy there would be literally NO STOPPING THEM. There is no way in the world that such a thing could be "suppressed". Think about it.

This potential propulsion system could be an exception if it doesn't violate actual energy production, but I am still sceptical. It is clear that Shawyer's original explanation for how it works was deeply flawed. If it does work, it doesn't work the way its inventor thought it did!

As for Blacklight, their black light has been illuminating the bottom of the hoax bin for years. Scam merchants, pure and simple.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

hahhaaha

I give this pig of an economy less than a year before it keels over and dies. You have NO idea how close to the brink we are. Russian diplomats are talking with China every day about dumping the dollar. National currencies are only as valuable as the amount of tradable goods a nation produces.

We produce virtually NOTHING here, which means our currency should be worth next to nothing.

We produce oil, bombs, tanks, and crappy software that lets us spy on everyone. Not good. This pig is coming down.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Here's what you do. You take your money out of your wallet, walk smartly to the bathroom, drop it down the pan and pull the chain.

Same return on investment but much quicker!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

In the near future, there will be no need for roads, no need for a power grid, and no need to mine the Earth for metals. It has to be asked, at what point do state powers become irrelevant?

The powers that be will always make sure every resource has to be paid for.

They will not want anyone to have free energy (or much cheaper), everything will have to be taxed somehow.

There is no getting around this.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats

In the near future, there will be no need for roads, no need for a power grid, and no need to mine the Earth for metals. It has to be asked, at what point do state powers become irrelevant?

The powers that be will always make sure every resource has to be paid for.

They will not want anyone to have free energy (or much cheaper), everything will have to be taxed somehow.

There is no getting around this.

So far they have been successful in keeping humanity retarded and tied to the grid.

However, I'm a firm believer the truth cannot be hidden behind a wall of lies forever.

It's a big cosmic game and we are all actors in a perverse play of sorts.

The bad guys never win in the end.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

My issue with Blacklight is that they said they had a proven marketable prototype in 2008... It's now 2014 and still nothing to show.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka

My issue with Blacklight is that they said they had a proven marketable prototype in 2008... It's now 2014 and still nothing to show.

Obviously they have something to show.

Go watch the videos on their YouTube channel and read the lab reports.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Here's what you do. You take your money out of your wallet, walk smartly to the bathroom, drop it down the pan and pull the chain.

Same return on investment but much quicker!

Hey hey now, thats what they said about home computers too!

And Einstein was laughed at too!

Consequently.........Now im out 5 bucks..........thanks a lot

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join