It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest Trailers. Just heard of them. They came, I saw, they conquered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
But you can't watch them on this post, as they have the longest youtube coding I've seen and I can't find the break point in the code to post one. So.....a word description:

hahahahahahaha (cough), hahahah ,heeeheeehee

After a friend told me about 'Honest trailers' I spent an hour-and-a-half watching them. Youtube the words and you'll find them. Spoiler alert though, if you haven't seen the film or television shows that they focus on you may want to keep away from that particular one. I tried to imbed 'Forrest Gump' , as everyone who is going to see that probably has already.

I thought for sure someone would have made a thread on this, but neither the new or old search engines come up with it.

I wish they'd done one on "Kill Bill" but haven't see it listed.

In lieu of a youtube link, I'll leave us all to contemplate the 19-minute star of 'Les Mis' , and yes, they have an Honest Trailer on that film too, hahahahahah (cough) heeheehee .

edit on 31-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They actually have a Wikipedia page. No direct links on the page though, which should be put in imnho.

en.wikipedia.org...

Honest Trailers are a series of trailers on a variety of movies and TV shows, and are made in a way to satirize the movie (or as Screen Junkies puts it, "keeping them honest"). Often, these trailers will point out plot mistakes and give a negative review of the movie. Gannon Nickell narrated the trailers during 2012, and the second and current narrator is Jon Bailey.

Reception

Screen Junkies currently has over 2 million subscribers, and nearly 300 million video views. The Screen Junkies Show currently has an 8.4/10 rating on IMDb, while Honest Trailers has an 8/10 rating on IMDb.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Honest Trailers are good. If you like them and haven't checked it out yet, try the Everything Wrong With series.

I figure this movie likely has a universally low opinion, so it's probably safe to post its panning. Everything Wrong With goes through the films and pans them for "movie sins." As you can see, it takes quite a while to get through this one. Some are much shorter, 4 minutes or so.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've told quite a few of my friends about these youtube vids, Honest Trailers, and some have spent an hour or so with them. Going to have to catch up with the ones I've missed since I've posted this thread.

top topics

join