It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Faces 'Insurmountable' Water Shortage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just to beat the dead horse ...

July 30, 2009
Press Release: BlackLight Power, Inc. Announces Its Sixth Commercial License Agreement

January 6, 2009
Press Release: BlackLight Power signs second commercial deal.

December 11, 2008
Press Release: BlackLight Power signs first commercial deal.

March 23, 2010
Press Release: BlackLight Power, Inc. Announces First Commercial License in Europe with GEOENERGIE SpA, Energy Subsidiary of Geogreen – Non-Exclusive License to Produce Up To 750 MW of Continuous Power

Where are all the commercial products?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
My God...

They're really going to push for this water shortage thing.

Gotta capitalize on one of the most abundant resources on the planet.

Gotta get the pump primed by working everybody into a frenzy with the same tired, old, worn out "we're-running-out get-em-while-they-last" sales pitch.

The truth is, chances are good you have previously drank water that used to be dinosaur pee at one time.

OUR WATER ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE - FOR GODS SAKE, THE PLANET IS 70% WATER.
THE SAME WATER THAT IS HERE NOW HAS BEEN HERE FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS.

Next they'll try to tell us there's an air shortage if they can figure out a way to privatize and monetize that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
My God...

They're really going to push for this water shortage thing.

Gotta capitalize on one of the most abundant resources on the planet.

Gotta get the pump primed by working everybody into a frenzy with the same tired, old, worn out "we're-running-out get-em-while-they-last" sales pitch.

The truth is, chances are good you have previously drank water that used to be dinosaur pee at one time.

OUR WATER ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE - FOR GODS SAKE, THE PLANET IS 70% WATER.
THE SAME WATER THAT IS HERE NOW HAS BEEN HERE FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS.

Next they'll try to tell us there's an air shortage if they can figure out a way to privatize and monetize that.

False. 70% is covered by water, very little of the planet is actually water.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

If only the religious people would wake up and smell reality, they would stop having more than 2 kids and overpopulating the world like a plague. I say religious people because it's part of their "belief" that they need to have as many kids as possible and that it is all "a god's work". Non-religious people have more than 2 also and are part of the problem as well.

Water wars coming, I called this about 5 years ago. What does your "god" say about bringing too many people to the world, only to starve, die and suffer, and start massive resource wars? That's the endgame for religion.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster

If only the religious people would wake up and smell reality, they would stop having more than 2 kids and overpopulating the world like a plague. I say religious people because it's part of their "belief" that they need to have as many kids as possible and that it is all "a god's work". Non-religious people have more than 2 also and are part of the problem as well.

Water wars coming, I called this about 5 years ago. What does your "god" say about bringing too many people to the world, only to starve, die and suffer, and start massive resource wars? That's the endgame for religion.

Except Christians fertility rate is the same as the world average. So your post is wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
....yes and the banks regard water as the new oil so guess what they are getting geared up to do. Funny how they will even be allowed to by water resources. These are resources for humanity. The fact that the banks and others can buy water resources just goes to demonstrate that we are not governed by we the people because if we were we would not allow it to happen full stop.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Millions of tons of fresh water ice at both poles, either transport it as ice, or melt it there into specially built water tankers, also, 'used' water, boil it, filter it, use it again, the ISS does.
Water Hyacinth is very good at removing 'crap', although then there is the problem of contaminated water hyacinth, burning it still leave the 'crap' behind, such as heavy metals, solve one problem, create another one.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

originally posted by: FyreByrd
The above is the best reason I know for shutting down fossil fuel and nuclear electricity sources.

Nothing else even comes close to realistically meeting our energy needs. As a matter of fact we need to go near 100% nuclear, and get away from fossil fuel entirely.

why 100% nuclear? I'm no expert but I dont really want nuclear explosive buildings situated all around the world. Just 1 natural disaster away from killing and displacing millions of people at a time. Just look at Chernobyl and Fukushima.

Not only that but where will we keep all that nuclear waste? You know the stuff that doesn't decompose for thousands of years.

There is a huge nuclear fusion reactor currently about 93.4 million miles away fully operational and giving off enough energy every hour to power the earth for a year. It's free and unlimited and clean.

But we cant use that because how can fat cats profit from free energy?

No, best just stick to nuclear.

Fcuk the planet.

edit on 1133Thursday332014-07-31T07:33:11-05:003311 7 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Ohhh nooos.

Please raise my taxes to combat this travisty.

I'm sending a check right now!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoochymama23
4. Pumping the Great Lakes empty (nestle i believe) fast forward to 2014 the Great Lakes are the fullest they have ever been

really? are you telling me that the water level has raised over 2 feet in the last year in lake Ontario? if not then not only are the Great Lakes NOT the fullest they have ever been, but they are not even close to the level they have held in my lifetime. as to the highest they have ever been, that was if i remember correctly from school lake Iroquois, a lake at the end of the ice age we were told not only included all the great lakes but most of southern Ontario (and other surrounding land) was also underwater, at a depth that most of the CN tower would have been underwater, if not completely submerged. so i think you statement can not be considered anywhere even close to true. in fact quite a lot of lakes and rivers have been shrinking for more than 70 years in North America. as a teen we did a canoe route that hadn't been done in 40 years. that 40 years made a huge difference in water levels. it had turned from a mighty and large river used to float logs from logging down, into a rather shallow existence of it's former self with barely enough depth in places for a canoe, at least one "swift" had even turned into a small falls (that almost caused an accident since it wasn't on our maps) from the difference in water levels in that 40 year time span.

even the mighty Mississippi has seen water levels drop dramatically in recent times. as i would guess have most lake and river systems in North America. i have seen pictures of drying up lakes in northern Canada, that shows this is happening. now considering a lot of this water is disappearing even before it hits settled regions, i wouldn't say it is human caused, just part of the natural cycle of things likely taking the time since the ice age to occur. and will just keep getting worse as time goes by. of course this is not helped when you have places like California using up their water sources and wanting to steal water from other areas. not to mention countries like China stealing water from the great lakes. and even bottled water and beverage companies taking it from one place and selling it somewhere else. that will just make it happen all the faster. except for diverting, stealing, and taking of water to other areas it is a natural cycle. water has always flowed from the interior into bigger water systems (like the great lakes/st Lawrence seaway, and Mississippi river) that then drain into the oceans. the real cause of rising ocean levels. and will continue to happen until it is all gone, or we do something to interfere with the natural cycle and keep it from entering the oceans. or until we have another ice age that would cause glacial build up that when it melts will refill everything and start the cycle anew.

so we really do need to start conserving water now, before it hits a critical point in the future. the best way to do this is to stop fresh water from being diverted to other areas/countries. to stop things like beverage companies from taking water from one area and transporting it to another area, be it bottled water, pop, beer etc. they should be forced to produce their beverages for local areas only. what is used in the area will reenter the local water system and not cause much harm to the amount of available water within the natural cycle. any water diversion projects need to be closed and scrapped. most definitely ALL taking of fresh water to other countries such as China should be immediately halted. i would even say using fresh water for ship's ballast as is done in the great lakes should be halted. unless they start pumping water back up the system for ballast use from where it enters the ocean. of course ships that then are to enter the ocean should dump dump their fresh water ballast to be filtered and sent back upstream to be replaced with salt water before they leave fresh water systems. people in places like California should if they wish to stay in the area be forced to start desalination plants for their use as well as to pipe to places where they have been stealing water from previously. this will at least stave off fresh water shortages for awhile at least in those areas that still have it.

i would recommend that places that have things like the Panama canal either shut such projects down or start to desalinate ocean water to be used for it before they loose their fresh water supplies. and places like China where there is plenty of fresh water, but it is too polluted need to start cleaning it up, and filtering it for their use. that is no one's fault but their own they have let it get to that point. as such they need to deal with their own problems. for places where there is not enough fresh water, the only real choice is for them to start desalinating water for their use.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Ohhh nooos.

Please raise my taxes to combat this travisty.

I'm sending a check right now!

LOL Hand it over we want it all, if not we can just create another crisis for a reason to reach into your pocket.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

Maybe somebody call tell where to sign up for the free energy anti-fatcat program? I hate those guys. It just pisses me off keeping the house at 68° while they charge so much for power.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Interesting,......... Have these people ever seen a picture of the Earth from Space?

You know all that blue stuff? Its called Water.

You know all the clouds? They are Water.

You know where the water from the clouds comes from?. Yes, Homer, its from that blue stuff that is covering 80% of Planet Earth, on top of and under the surface.

We will Never run out of water, until the Earth stops spinning and the Sun consumes it.

Ancient man could find water in the desert........Now if there are too many humans in that desert.....then there needs to be a correction....and nature will do that just fine, thankyou.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: elpistolero1

The water cycle has been disrupted.

Scientists believe the world has a constant amount of water, but that it exists at any one time in various solid-liquid-gas and fresh-salt proportions. Human life is ‘good’ when there is sufficient fresh liquid water to meet our total needs. The problem is that climate change alters the proportion of liquid fresh water and its location. Some regions of the world end up with less, and others end up with more. When this becomes chronic through regular droughts and/or flooding, the quality of life for people in those regions is seriously affected. And this is happening more and more across the planet.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

It has not been disrupted. It is constantly changing.

Deserts used to be forests. Was it disrupted or did it change?

It cannot and will not stay the same forever.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I agree about the change bit - but - apparently there really is less fresh water available and certainly the world is facing significant water shortages that are already insurmountable in some areas. Like the food producing regions of the US, and many more around the world.

edit on 31/7/14 by soficrow because: to add

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Except Christians fertility rate is the same as the world average. So your post is wrong.

You do realize there are more religions than just Christian right? The post you are replying to didn't call out Christians specifically, it said religions.

www.scilogs.eu...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As the newly appointed water czar I would demand that there be no more watering of golf courses, cemeteries and politicians yards.
I know that would be a drop in the bucket (pun intended) but it would get the ball rolling.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's not that we're running out of water; we're just running out and over-polluting the precious supplies of fresh water we've been blessed with through poor management, lackluster environmental laws and big business greed. Water will always be here, but the most abundant and accessible sources will either be dried up from overuse or too polluted to drink without extensive and costly purification, meaning other more costly sources will have to be found.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: defcon5

Plenty within the scientific community have gone the other way, and said it's legit.

Not any credible ones.
NASA looked at his stuff, and also rejected it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join