It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Hall of Fame.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Dear management,

You heard the fellow. Tsingtao wants to be in the club.

With respect,
Charles1952

By the way, I'm interested by the fact that in our short attention span culture, we still have people thinking this is a good idea and wanting to get in on it. - C -

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I nominate myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Dear Eunuchorn,

That's a great idea, but it depends on how the Mods set this up. They may require a certain number of posts before a member is considered, and they may require a nomination from another person.

But thanks for adding your comments. As I may have mentioned, the Mods can do this in any way they want, but I think it's important that they actually do it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think this would be a great idea, this would give other posters an idea of who is offering intelligent discussion, and it would definitely make it easier to know which discussions are worth being involved in. Kudos Charles 1952

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Dear DonVoigt,

Thank you very much. This idea seems to meeting with near universal appeal. You know, I no longer think of it as my idea. Several posters have offered suggestions, and adjustments have been made to solve the exposed problems.

Six pages and 20 flags? I do hope to get a positive response from the Mods. But, truly, if they were to get in touch with you and set up the details calling it DonVoigt's Safe Place, I'd be even more thrilled.

If you feel like it, and this is a big imposition on you, go back through the thread and see if there are any objections that haven't been dealt with. Maybe that's the problem.

But more probably, once they see that you've endorsed it, they'll say "Hey this is serious. We'd better get on it."

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 3-8-2014 by charles1952 because: add a word

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Dear neformore,

This is a reply to you for only two reasons. One, you're management. Two, you're the most recent management responder, OVER FIVE DAYS AGO.

I've tried to discuss this privately via U2U, obviously, I've tried to discuss it publicly. There has been no real discussion.

Yes, I understand we are guests in your house. But just as guests have responsibilities to hosts, hosts have responsibilities to guests. Certainly, if a guest asks for another beer, you are entirely within your rights to say it's not practical to give a beer to anyone under 5' 8", but it's rude and condescending.

I have made a suggestion which has garnered a relatively large level of support from the membership. Twenty flags in a Board Business and Question thread is fairly rare if it doesn't come from management. In the "Guest - Host" metaphor, I've asked management for a beer.

By replying that someone is likely to accuse the staff of bias, the "Host - Management" is saying, "You're an inch too short for another beer." I've responded to your comments (and those of the other management posters) elsewhere in this thread. It's not necessary that I do it again, but I will if you'd like.

Yes, management is within their rights, and they're behaving "legally," but in treating guests this way they're being lousy hosts.

If the desire here is for respectful conversation, let's have one.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Charles,

While the 'request here' is not that dissimilar to the many others proposed over the past 8-9+ years I've been a member and 'moderator' of this fine site...

it would seem the overall consensus among staff is the same as with the previous, similar -type wants, needs and desires.

... that it would either prove the cause for or eventually create a 'caste system' of sorts, which, obviously would not be allowed nor sanctioned in the first place.

the other aspect being, as has been noted by other members throughout, the further 'distinction' of a given Member over another given Member.

All Members are equal.... further distinctions, labels, etc only serve to cause/create unnecessary drama for the staff and boards down the road.

Just as withy the oft mentioned Top 50 ATS posters 'program'....

eventually, what happens when that "Nice Guy" or "Top 50 Poster" is either staff actioned, post banned or outright banned?

We don't ban folks outright, for any reason. Truth is, they typically ban themselves .... whethewr that be via extreme reactions to having a post OIT'd, etc.. some folks just seem to react differetly whence they feel or have a 'following'

that's not going to happen here.

each and every upon their own 'merit', if you will.

I, personally, have the utmost confidence in our Membership's ability to discern/ ascertain diamonds from dust and bat guana from BS.

No. We won't be doing any sort of 'Nice Guy' [prolific poster program] anytime in the near future.

just as with many another topic [ W.O.D., etc] it's proven a failed effort , each and every - time.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Dear 12m8keall2c,

Thank you for your prompt and public reply. I'm grateful for having my idea considered. Thank you very much. I accept your final decision. I may or may not write a separate response, but only to allow myself the privilege of expressing my thoughts.

Here is a question which you may ignore completely without offending me.

just as with many another topic [ W.O.D., etc] it's proven a failed effort , each and every - time.
As it appears that demands for civility and post bans are "a proven failed effort, each and every time," does management have a new idea in mind?

With thanks for your service and your response, and

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

As it appears that demands for civility and post bans are "a proven failed effort, each and every time," does management have a new idea in mind?

This has nothing to do with the original topic. The answer to this has been given. Semantics need not be argued.

Asked and answered.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join