It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woken by loud popping noise accompanied by bright flash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This happens to me quite often and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it also? or knows anything about it.
Its been happening for years,and always happens at night,around 2-4am.When im asleep, i get woken up by a loud popping noise, like a balloon just popped, followed by a bright flash of light, this popping and flash only last a second,and the flash is the only thing i can see in that second it happens, and usually that flash has some sort of image,I have seen an image of a man a few times and it freaks me out, I cant make out how exactly the man looks like because i can only see it for a second,when theres no image in the flash its usually just a swirl or ripple of bright white light.Sounds confusing i know, so sorry if I don't make any sense! But the experience leaves me scared and my heart beating fast the moment is passes.Also, one time i have heard my name being called as the popping noise and flash of light happened,and a couple of times,this has happened after i have had sleep paralysis (after i snap out of sleep paralysis and go back to sleep).

Anyways, anyone have any thoughts on this??

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: starwae

It could be exploding head syndrome. It happens to me and can be quite frightening, almost sounds like gunshots sometimes.

Exploding head syndrome is a rare and relatively undocumented parasomnia event in which the subject experiences a loud bang in their head similar to a bomb exploding, a gun going off, a clash of cymbals or any other form of loud, indecipherable noise that seems to originate from inside the head.

Contrary to the name, exploding head syndrome has no elements of pain, swelling or any other physical trait associated with it.

They may be perceived as having bright flashes of light accompanying them, or result in shortness of breath, though this is likely caused by the increased heart rate of the subject after experiencing it. It most often occurs just before deep sleep, and sometimes upon coming out of deep sleep.

Exploding Head syndrome

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Ive had it a few times. I believe its called "exploding head syndrome". Once I saw a golden golf ball sized orb of light float into my room at night, then it silently exploded and lit up the room for a second. All this happend quickly, but I was able to see my room in detail through my closed eyes, before suddenly waking up. Needless to say, it was strange.

Other times I have heard explosions, and other strange things.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yep, pretty classic description of “exploding head syndrome”.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You exploders entirely sure it aint the act of arriving back in your body after an OOB experience while asleep?
Just askin....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
While it does sound alot like what i experience, what about the images i see? and i don't experience shortness of breath,and the only reason my heart beats faster is because i get scared.

I did just look it up,wikipedia says it also relates to astral travel.My friend actually did mention something about astral travel and these symptoms before i posted this thread,but i wanted to see if anyone else experienced it or has other opinions.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I just looked up exploding head syndrome and astral travel, some people think so :p

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ever try to accomplish an OOD experience?
Perhaps you are more able than you now know....?
Worth a shot anyways....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Once or twice i have tried,needless to say i failed.
I would get the "flouty" feeling, like im almost out, but then i get scared and go back to normal.
Fear has ruined many paranoral experiences for me.

But who knows maybe i do have OOBE while im asleep,or maybe IT just IS some rare sleep condition and has nothing to do with astral travel or anything paranormal.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I havent experienced any parasomnia in quite a while now, but Ive determined that most of my experiences involved one or more demons. Sleep paralysis, removal from my body, lucid deams, false awakenings, old hag syndrome...Ive had it all. The only thing that stops it dead in its tracks for me is prayer in Jesus' name. Of course, this first requires that you believe that He died for your sins.

My wife once left her body at night, and saw a demon jump on my chest. She then jumped back into her body to wake me up. It sounds unbelievable, but these creatures target me, my family and my friends systematically.

We are the bystanders in the middle of a war between redeemed angels and fallen angels. If you havent already placed your faith in Jesus, a recommend that you take it into consideration. Do not be a casualty of demonic warfare.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It seems like exploding head and OBE are related, it's probably a little but of both.

Was there any sleep paralysis associated with your event?

Don't let fear stop you from trying to get out of body. When I first started having OBE's the period right before getting out of body is scary. The sleep paralysis I suppose. The more you try, the more you will get used to how the sensations feel.

I can see what you're saying about that, there can be a popping sound when arriving suddenly back I'm your body after OBE. It's definitely a possibility, but leaning more towards exploding head. Heck, maybe a little bit of both.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well I have to say it might very well be part of an involuntary OBE.

Meaning you drift from your body without awareness then catch yourself momentarily. I have had the exact same thing happen to me many times, but never actually thought to link it to my OBE's, in fact, from now on I am going to take note, literally.

Common symptoms of OBE are: High pitched tones and buzzing in the head area are very common.

Many times when we separate from our physical shells we do it involuntarily, and sometimes we become aware of it happening.

Example: Lying on your bed and you start to drift off to sleep, as your drift off to sleep you feel yourself falling, and then you immediately catch yourself and wake-up. The body jumps and jerks, in all directions, legs, arms, head and the adrenaline level is on over-drive. This is a classic example of an involuntary OBE.

And you would be 100% correct in saying fear ruins it. It still happens to even the most experienced people, because when life gets over-whelming OBE's are hard to accomplish.

Being in a good state of mind, feeling love, and happiness, IMO are pre-requisites for having a smooth and wonderful OBE.

Peace and Love,

RT

P.S. If your interested in OBE's and would like to chat sometime PM me here on ATS.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

That's pretty scary! I might not be able to sleep tonight thinking about that lol
I have heard other similar account of demons/or just some dark being next to or on people who are asleep.

I have never seen a demon,and I don't want to,I do believe they exist and that's one of the reasons I try to do extensive protection before I go to bed,Since you hear a lot of this demon stuff happening at night and while someone is asleep.I have been calling on archangel Michael to watch over my sleeping body every night,and I feel with his protection,nothing can get me

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy the exploding head syndrom has happened AFTER sleep paralysis before, after I snap out of sp and go back to sleep then I experience EHS ...but like I said in my first post its only happened a few times.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Well if you do end up taking note and finding anything let me know!

and ill take you up on that offer,I have a few questions to ask on oobe !

And one this from this Exploding head syndrom thing nobody has answered,what about the images I see in this flash of light? like the man? I see that bright flashing light is part of EHS but I haven't heard of the images.Why would I be seeing random images.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Never heard of Exploding Head syndrome before now but did suffer from something very similar in the past but without the visual effects. After a while I realized it was my brain releasing its pent up tensions in one large pop. So after realization I felt far better and didn't let it concern me anymore. Soon after I didn't get as many so I think fear of the event creates more tension which feeds on itself.

added.. Its electrical so it could be stimulating the visual cortex
edit on 31 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm sure it was just lightning outside. Happens all the timea reply to: glend

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SollyParton

No its much more louder and inside the head. It was very frightening at first.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwae

And one this from this Exploding head syndrom thing nobody has answered,what about the images I see in this flash of light? like the man? I see that bright flashing light is part of EHS but I haven't heard of the images.Why would I be seeing random images.

Apologize it's late here and I am a bit tired. I missed the image info you posted.

I'll address that now.

Typically when we get images while in a lucid state, they are messages. Messages are important and must be acknowledge whether you feel scared, or happy. The reason I say this is if you had an important message to tell someone, would you like it if that person ignored you? Sometimes even lower beings think they have something important to tell you, but you need to be the judge of what messages you take in, and the ones that get deleted. Kind of like texts messages.

Now I do believe there are entities which are mischievous and/or are just plain ignorant, so how does one handle these types?

Well how do you handle them in this world? Tell them you are not interested if you feel they are not compatible with you. Your intuition is the best way to judge, whatever state or world you may be in. Thank them, but be firm and tell them not to contact you again. Once you do this Universal Law kicks in and they can not ever contact you again, unless you allow it. Intuition is a direct connect to your higher-self.

Your self protection methods are pretty good from what I have read, by asking your chosen angel, or whomever you feel is able to guide you through safely. Also surrounding yourself in a white bubble of light is a good way to start off whether it's OBE's or just before you leave your house in the morning.

The flashes/images of a man appear to be something a bit negative, so surround yourself in light and then ask what this message, or person wants. You'll know exactly what to do when the time comes.

You sound like an old soul that is becoming more aware, of your true essence.

Peace,

RT

P.S. When we are in a fearful state message don't last long, because we wake up quickly, or snap back into out bodies.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwae
a reply to: Realtruth

You mention that you have experienced other sleep disorders, it would be wise discuss with your doctor about your most recent experiences and arrange to have tests, referrals to neurology with the possibility of a sleep study assessment. Although it does sound like EHS, it could be another more health threatening medical condition that needs attention and treatment.

Below is a case report of a 57 year old male:

CASE REPORT IN NEUROLOGY: Exploding Head Syndrome (Jan-April 2013

Best to be reviewed medically first. Especially if you find the experiences frightening.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join