It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open carry demonstration in DC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I know its only a matter of time before this topic gets started so I thought I would give it a go. Now that the handgun bans in DC have been deemed unconstitutional is it only a matter of time before we see a LEGAL open carry demonstration in DC? (Bearing in mind that long guns are open carry and always have been but concealed carry permits only refer to handguns)

So what are the prospects for this happening legally? What are the prospects of something going wrong? (Also bearing in mind that agent provocateurs would be surrounded by thousands of guns?)

Am I way off base here? I am speaking hypothetically of course.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

Read today an Appeals Court put a 90 injunction on this to stop it for a short while anyway while the government musters it's arguments against citizens being allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

This may go all the way to SCOTUS, maybe not. For now "No gun carrying for you DC."

Edit - Add a source. Judge puts D.C. gun ruling on hold
edit on 168pm5656pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Anybody ask Adam Kokesh if he's going?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

My first thought was, "Adam Kokesh?"

The only guns our 'masters' will allow in their presence are the one's they carry themselves. LOL at the the thought they don't trust one another enough to do anything but make restrictive laws.

If I became POTUS, I would strip the citizenship of anyone making or enforcing laws contradictory to the 2d Amendment. Trick was, we let them have our cake ... and allowed them to eat it too.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Some people may argue this and those same people may not stand up for second amendment in all true forms which I am not here to argue about, but at the time what Kokesh was advocating was not legal according to the laws the way they were written.

I side with the constitution all day mind you, but its when judges actually enforce it does it hold any water.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel

Some people may argue this and those same people may not stand up for second amendment in all true forms which I am not here to argue about, but at the time what Kokesh was advocating was not legal according to the laws the way they were written.

I side with the constitution all day mind you, but its when judges actually enforce it does it hold any water.

What Kokesh was doing and what it represented was amazing, I was behind him then and still am. If you know the whole story behind the scenes though, his choices for staff and friends were about as bad as a person could possibly make. That being the case, I think he was a little too caught up in all things "Adam" to properly assess the situation.

If you're going to commit a felony, make sure you don't have illegal substances in the house #1. Make sure your friends won't steal your donation money for your legal fund #2. Don't blame everyone but yourself when all of your bad choices come to a head #3.

I like Adam a lot but......... Mistakes were made.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I think Kokesh caught wind of an idea that was never his. And mistakes were definitely made.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Read today an Appeals Court put a 90 injunction on this to stop it for a short while anyway while the government musters it's arguments against citizens being allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

You know ... things happen for a reason. Everything.

Why this dialogue ... and why now? Why at the Federal level and what nefarious goals might be achieved?

There were some Very good comments to be found at the bottom of your presented source. They made some questions pop-up from the back of my mind. Anyway ...

new topics

top topics

join