It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan storms Hawaii beaches to prepare for island threat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

KANEOHE BAY, Hawaii -- Japan has been practicing storming beaches with the U.S. and other countries in Hawaii this month. The amphibious landing exercises, which are relatively new to Japan's military, come as Tokyo tries to boost its ability to defend small islands it controls but China claims as its own.

Japan storms Hawaii beaches to prepare for island threat

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Strange.

There are 6,852 islands in Japan but they need Hawaii? Maybe something else is up.

www.howmanyarethere.net...

Peace

edit on 30-7-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Maybe something else is up.

Maybe something like they are in Hawaii because it is alot harder for the Chinese to see what their doing compared to doing it near Japan which guarantees that China will be watching.

But this is ATS so anything could be right.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Or, something like RIMPAC just ended, which Japan was part of, and as such, already had troops and ships there, so it just made sense to stay and train with the US troops that they're almost certainly going to be working with.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Strange.

There are 6,852 islands in Japan but they need Hawaii? Maybe something else is up.

www.howmanyarethere.net...

Peace

K-bay is a USMC base. This was part of the "Rim-Pac" exercise that happens frequently in Hawaii. Not unusual that they'd be practicing amphib landings with allied troops as we do these sort of exercises with them very often. Started in 1971 and have happened pretty regularly. Sometimes every other year, sometimes not. They've been trying to increase their amphib landing abilities so not unusual that they'd get involved with a Rim-Pac landing exercise.

From the article in the OP with bolding added by me.

Helicopters dropped a reconnaissance team of Japanese soldiers into the ocean off a beach at a U.S. Marine Corps base during Rim of the Pacific exercises on Tuesday. The soldiers climbed aboard inflatable rafts and inspected the shoreline before waves of U.S., Australian and Indonesian marines followed in amphibious vehicles.

Rim-Pac: en.wikipedia.org...

I've done many RIMPAC exercises. They are fun and you get to meet a lot of people from allied countries. Aussies are my favorites.
edit on 30-7-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

We used to always see the Japanese, Australians, or someone else stay a week or so after RIMPAC ended, to work with the US ships, or Marines as well. I always used to look forward to RIMPAC. We'd sit behind the O'Club watching the ships go in and out, and on the ramp dealing with all the planes coming in and leaving.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We used to always see the Japanese, Australians, or someone else stay a week or so after RIMPAC ended, to work with the US ships, or Marines as well. I always used to look forward to RIMPAC. We'd sit behind the O'Club watching the ships go in and out, and on the ramp dealing with all the planes coming in and leaving.

A lot of fond memories. Out on H2, just by the exit ramp to Barber's point, the Aussies put up a Kangaroo crossing sign--a real one, they'd stolen from the highway back home.

My first RIMPAC as a JO, I was designated "hosting officer." I remember going up to the first bird the Aussies landed and offered them some sodas from the cooler I had in the van.

"Oh, no mate, we brought out own." Then offload they began--cases of VB, Black Crow, etc.

Me: "Jesus, that's a lot of beer."

"That? That's nothing, mate. The rest are coming in on a C130 in pallets. " Good times.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

God I miss those guys. We NEVER had a plane come back from Oz without one of those godawful kangaroo stickers that the RAAF uses. It got to where they would hide them, so we'd find them in the wheelwell, or wrapped around a strut or something. It was almost like a scavenger hunt to find them.

Yeah, we had an RAAF crew come through one trip, that started out with 58 cases of beer (that as just to give away), and two days later they were down to less than half. You gave the a ride to the airplane? Here, have some beer! Oh, you gave us directions somewhere? Have some beer! Great guys though. They always had us laughing.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Wait a minute, the US, is training, the Japaneese, (Harbor bombers)
to storm beaches in Hawaii? The dead entombed in the Arizona must be
honored?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

We also sell them a large portion of their military equipment too.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Times change. These days Americans are friends with the British and like to laugh at the French. The Confeder...I mean Southerners take orders from D.C., no? I'm pretty sure most folks have moved on. Besides, it's better to send some Japanese boys to die on the beaches of the South-China Sea then to send some good ol' Murican boys, am I right?
edit on 30-7-2014 by Orwells Ghost because: punctuation etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Uhhh! If it's all the same to you? I'm not have'n any of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek.

I do find it all a bit worrying though, I think these Island disputes are going to come to a head sooner rather than later. It seems the lines have already been drawn for the next global conflict, and I can't begrudge the Japanese their preparations. It's seems like it's in America's interest to have a strong ally in the region anyhow, not that I think it will matter much.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Wait a minute, the US, is training, the Japaneese, (Harbor bombers)
to storm beaches in Hawaii? The dead entombed in the Arizona must be
honored?

NEWS FLASH!

World War 2 ended!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

I do find it all a bit worrying though

And I as well.
Especially in an alliance with Japan. Seems to me the Nazis
made that same mistake. So now we side with the losers
of the last great war. Just trust 'em again and see how many
merican boys we can lose in one day this time right?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

One of the most impressive things I saw at Rimpac was sitting at the entrance (cant remember the club name) and watching a Carrier come in... I was amazed.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yes because it's all a nefarious plot. They're going to wait all this time, slowly change their constitution and then do it again and take over the world with their giant robots and mecha.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

NEONAZIs really need to figure that out too,dumbass racial JIhadis. Their SOF should know some KICK ASS martial arts I hope...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

NEWS FLASH!

World War 2 ended!

Thank you Flash for that on scene report.

Seems honor for our fallen dead also ended.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join