It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are the cookies crumbling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Click here

Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected.

more

[edit on 3-12-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Its only about 18 percent of the entire federal budget and 50 percent of total discretionary spending (money that is controlled by the Congress and the Administration).

Your piechart leaves out Social Security & Medicare I dont know how anyone can leave those out as they make up about 41% of the total budget compared to 18% for the military

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That is truly sad. What's even more sad is that's the way the government wants it. We would have to rise up as a nation and let our voices be heard if we want to change all that but so many think that it shouldn't be changed simply to fight the "war on terrorism."

P.S. What's the X stand for where it says 15% in the pie chart?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The more powerful your military, the more global control you have. We currently hold this title, and don�t intend to lose it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Considering the fact that raising a military is one of the few things that the government was set up to do in the Constitution, I would have to say that percentage wise it is too little.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Godflesh, the US has been at war almost constantly, but has not had a single victory anywhere since WW2, over fifty years ago.

The US has no global control. Tell me where in the world does the US have global control ? Influence maybe, but not control.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
The US has no global control. Tell me where in the world does the US have global control ? Influence maybe, but not control.

No. Not yet but they will if they continue on path they're headed on right now.

top topics

join