It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two women escape death by diving under train... Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Watching the video, It’s hard to believe that a stubbed toe was the worst of their physical injuries. However their problems are just beginning for Indiana Railroad plans to prosecute the two women for criminal trespass.... to send a message to others "don't try this at home".

BLOOMINGTON, Indiana — Dramatic surveillance video shows two women running for their lives on a railroad bridge, then dropping down on the tracks just before the train runs them over. Amazingly, both women survived.

"When the trains topped, the two women crawled out from under the engine, started running this way," Eric Powell, with Indiana Railroad, said. “(The conductor) yelled back and asked them, 'Are you okay?' One yelled she had stubbed her toe, (but was) otherwise fine. I'm sure their nerves were as shattered as his were." (WTHR.com)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well that would certainly wake you up in a hurry! Why risk a train? It's common knowledge they can't swerve surely?

Anyways, here's some more close calls. *covers eyes*

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
wow .. from that vantage point .. hard not to imagine the worst ...
scary stuff having nowhere else to go but down ....

poor lass jumping around like a headless chicken ... id prob have jumped over the side to my doom, and i am terrified of heights, and cant swim

Ah and the poor train driver .. all they could do while they wait for the train to slow to a stop, was keep pressing that horn .. right up to the very end, never giving up hope, that each thunderous tone would somehow help them out in a way that all the previous loud blasts didn't .. Bless ..
edit on 30-7-2014 by Segenam because: ... I love to edit ....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Trrraaaaaaaaaaaain!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Now according to the news they are going to prosecute these women. I hope they give them credit for the soiled shorts when they hand down the sentence. I don't think these women will ever do that again. I think just by showing this video that a lot of people will think twice about walking on tracks in an area where you can't get off if a train is coming.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Charging them really?? lol I think its safe to say they learned there lesson.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think it is messed up that they are going to prosecute these two females. Criminal trespass on a bridge?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I bet they # themselves. I know I would've.
When I was younger, me, my brothers, friends - would walk the tracks down by the river. There were many trussels(train bridges) and we had some close calls too. Once, we were surprised by a train and we hung off the side while the train passed. That bridge was 80 feet high to the shallow river below. Another time, I barely was able to get off (a different train trussle) while riding a 4-wheeler. It isn't safe to be around active tracks. Some people didn't even hear death coming.

new topics

top topics

join