It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I died today"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Duke's Last Day

edit on 7/30/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am sooooo Sorry for your loss and do understand. Sorry got half way could not finish it. My beloved Tora had a day like this broke my heart when the time came. To this day I cannot see her photos but do so every day in my minds eye........

Thank you for sharing and know there will not be a dry eye out here when they finish this..... YOU sir are a stronger man than myself... been 5 years and I still cannot view those of Tora...

Tora one day tail drooped.... took her to the vet cause that was not normal.... Found she had cancer went to an outstanding hospital 3 hours away. They open her removed her spline and said we would know when the time was right. Bless her she gave us 4 more weeks....

Magic dogs are hard to come by.

I feel your pain bro.... wish I could say it gets better...... all we could do was spread her ashes in the garden and saved a bit to plant a cherry tree now known as Tora......

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
How utterly gut wrenching is that??

People who have never had to let go of or lose a furry member of their family have no clue the pain that comes along with it. I think a lot of people actually grossly underestimate the feelings of loss and hurt that accompany that loss.

As bad as it hurts, the reward that comes from being owned by and sharing your life with an animal far outweighs it. This is a hurt that can be avoided by NOT adding a pet to your family, but many people choose to suffer the hurt they know will come, than deprive their home and family of the honest love and loyalty they get from adding a four legged creature to their ranks.

It's totally worth the price of admission IMO.

Thanks for sharing Homer.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Why, why, why did I not wait till after work to watch this. Now I'm crying.

Pets are part of our family, they're our children too.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There are dogs and then there are those really good dogs, the ones that you miss forever.
They are all special, but there are the ones that can never be replaced.
I had to put my grandfather's favorite rabbit dog down for him years ago, and it really was hard on him when he lost her.

I can only hope that they have another one that is nearly as good as Duke.

edit on bu312014-07-30T07:45:19-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 30 Jul 2014 07:45:19 -05007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

This wasnt my dog, it was a video I found on youtube

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: IceHappy

This wasnt my dog, it was a video I found on youtube

Seen this the other day,

Many was I balling my eyes out, I just saw a n article with photos.

Dont think I can watch, just yesterday I cried reading a few threads and this all done at work.

I know the pain of loosing something so special, sh** almost 2 years have past and I still havent come to terms with losing Tyson.

Threads like this help me know there are so many that share my pain and love in life.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Homer, good to see You, but, Wow, I couldn't finish this vid. I cried for a few days twice, when having to put down 2 of our little Family members, over the years. It is so hard to deal with. I still miss them terribly......
Syx.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Homer, good to see You, but, Wow, I couldn't finish this vid. I cried for a few days twice, when having to put down 2 of our little Family members, over the years. It is so hard to deal with. I still miss them terribly......
Syx.

I feel you.

You are not alone, a stranger here in Australia knows your pain and shares it and misses his boy but has beautiful girl to look after now.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank You from across the waters! I really appreciate your sentiments!

How very kind of You to take the time to write that to me.

I share your pain as well......
Do take good care of the little girl.
The way they are just born to Love us, unquestioningly, is amazing!!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is why i will no longer have any pets. I have had to suffer the loss of many horses, dogs and cats. I refuse to put myself thru that again. I remember when i had to watch a prize Clydesdale colt suffer from equine encephalitis. To see him go from a robust colt, full of energy and vigor, to just a shell of his former self, unable to even hold his head up, unable to stand, laying in his stall, beseeching me to put an end to his misery....i still get choked up over it and this was in '07. Hearing the sound of a .38 was a blessing that fatal day.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

a stranger here in Australia knows your pain

We arent strangers; we are all brothers and sisters here

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have a pitbull x american johnson bulldog and i have a bullmastiff their names are xena and cujo and they are like my babies (only they eat alot more than my human babies) i love animals i cant imagine that one day they will have to part from our family, it made me sad when they said how Duke was all happy and jumping around before it happened, so oblivious to what was about to happen, but ofcourse the owners were doing the right thing in not letting their beloved pet suffer, it would be such a tough decision to make, pets really are family!

top topics

join