It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unclassified NSA documents reveal attempts to decipher alien messages from space.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Apparently, these messages had actually been received via the Sputnik Satellite, but no one had any idea how to decode them at the time.

There was something hidden in the Sputnik signal from October 1957 that we haven't debunked on ATS?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Galileo400
I'm just not sure we can trust the fact the SETI has not heard anything.

They've heard plenty of things, but none of them so far adding up to a message from aliens. These days, they're focusing a lot on those puzzling Fast Radio Bursts (FRB). But they occasionally get a blip here and there.

I'm curious to see what happens when they start applying AI analysis to all the data they've collected over the past 20 years or so. A blip here, a blip there might not seem like anything, but add them up over time and they might have something.
edit on 22-3-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Many HAM radio operators picked up the original October 1957 radio signal during the 21 days it broadcast(at HAM frequencies).
You would expect some Doppler shift from a fast moving LEO broadcast.
Ham operators didn't have the latest clock technology, but there were reports that some technical people were acyually receiving pictures from the signals when plotted at very fine time scales.

Did Sputnik 1 continue to broadcast till November 21,1957 on some different frequency?
The official story is that the batteries ran out on 26 October 1957.
Some reports said Sputnik 1 was 22 inches in diameter others say 23.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
There was something hidden in the Sputnik signal from October 1957 that we haven't debunked on ATS?

BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Not sure what the NSA is up to, in terms of signal decode.

I handed over a possible hit to a three letter agency recently, I doubt that I will hear anything back on it.

I did my part, my hands are now clean of the situation. I want no further involvement in those endeavors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join