It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Additional Skunk Works Secrets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

originally posted by: grey580
That's one sexy looking aircraft.

Shame there's no pics of one flying.

Maybe not exactly like that, but maybe there is of one close to that

Might it be close to the F-117 companion that has been hinted at in other threads?
It even looks a bit like the companion F-111 it supposedly replaced with its variable-sweep wings

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I once heard a story that there is a vault somewhere where all ideas, devices and such are put that are deemed so dangerous and destructive for humanity that they are put in that vault for safekeeping and never ever taken out again.

No idea if there is any truth to this and I doubt they would store classified aircraft plans there, but still a nice story

edit on 582014 by spaceman42 because: Because I can...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: spaceman42

I was thinking he might be saying that the craft in that depiction looks really familiar and that it looks close to that but not exactly.

That aircraft looks a little big for a f111 replacement. I'd say it looks more like a B1 fast strike heavy bomber replacement. Which is really cool.

I believe the f111 replacement is being developed by Northrup not Lockheed.

As for what the F117 companion has been replaced with. Nobody knows and if they do they aren't saying. But if the rumors I've heard as to what's replaced it are true then....Whoooooooooooo!!!! F Yeah!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Not sure the F117's companion has been replaced yet, if Boomer's buddy said he refueled it as of early this year. I believe the replacement is in development but not FOC yet.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Not sure the F117's companion has been replaced yet, if Boomer's buddy said he refueled it as of early this year. I believe it is in development but not FOC yet.

I actually meant to say that the concept aircraft in the picture might look like the original F117 companion. Is is obviously not the same, because this concept is much too new, but the general shape might be similar to the early 90's F117 companion because is kind of looks like the F111 that could do the same job according to the official channels.

But I agree, this concept is probably too large for the job.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The F-117s replacement is a unique shape I've yet to see on any aircraft since. Idk if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe it doesn't work with modern aircraft design. But what's interesting about it is that its mostly a single role type of aircraft unless they've highly modified it to perform other tasks. But it was definetly flying within the last year which means its either still active or its retired and they are keeping a few around for testing. I just can't for the life of me figure out why it's still classified. The only thing I can think of is that the government still wants the big bad f-117 of the gulf war sitting on a pedastol having the american public think it has an awesome record. When in fact it wouldn't have been nearly as valuable during its bombing runs without it a partner in crime.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The Lockheed VS-07 design is a very sci fi style , great to see thins kind of airframe for a new bomber, finaly look like a stealth F-111 in the size.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Fascinating.
Too bad that pic couldn't find it's way into my pm.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It's good to have dreams I guess.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Personally, I've always liked the Convair Kingfish design.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
I just can't for the life of me figure out why it's still classified. The only thing I can think of is that the government still wants the big bad f-117 of the gulf war sitting on a pedastol having the american public think it has an awesome record. When in fact it wouldn't have been nearly as valuable during its bombing runs without it a partner in crime.

Fighter mafia?

ECM, fuel, targeting, intel, all boring wanh wanh wanh stuff, keep it secret.

Shooting & bombing is for Men.

Nerds vs jocks. They'll use the nerds to do their homework, and then take home the cheerleader.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Fascinating.
Too bad that pic couldn't find it's way into my pm.

Yeah too bad. Lol. Some people have met up with me and caught a glimpse of it. But I won't post it online yet. And if its declassified one day I have an agreement with an online blogger who is going to release them.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A pic of something like the Lockheed vs-07 concept?
edit on 7-8-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Boomer, don't tempt me. Lol. I'd drive the 1921 miles to see that sucker.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Cough...cough.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It will be cool to see the birth of a new sweep wing plane, like the great F-14 or F-111 and B1-b

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Boomer, don't tempt me. Lol. I'd drive the 1921 miles to see that sucker.
[/quote

Lol lots of people have said that but only a couple actually have. ]

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A lot of cool information in here:
www.agoravox.fr...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah the kingfish was cool. Because it theoretically could travel faster than the sr71 and had a much lower rcs due to it's engines being on the top of the fuselage. I also liked the dart like wings.

You know what aircraft I always liked. The Valkyrie ...I always thought it's design with the ability to trap the shockwave underneath the plane to supply added lift was cool. I always liked it's down turned wingtips too.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone thought to combine the two designs, and modernize it. Basic shape and such but make it smoother, sleeker, stealthy in shape,throw in all the latest gizmos. Oh, and totally keep but update the movable down turned wing tips. They make it look cool, plus they gotta be useful for something.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I love this Kingfish variant! HV-2

edit on 8/9/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join