It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the future of conservatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am a conservative but latly i have been finding that i am agreeing less and less with the government and the administrations aproach to just about anything. i think as a country we (the U.S.) are going the wrong way.
This does not mean that i would have even considered voting for kerry because he is even more disagreeable to me. I guess im feeling too conservitive for our own "conservative" party.

does anyone else feel like this? do you think that the conservative party may split in the future?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a lot of it has to do with this thread.

bush is not, by any means, a conservative. he has taken a number of steps in the opposite direction. this would certainly do it for you, i think.

besides all that, part of it has to do with the administrations growing problems and failures on many issues. i am sure failure is not a key tenet of your ideology. i was a big fan of them for the big issues (not abortion, stem cells, gay rights, but war, security, etc) way back when, but now that has waned a lot.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
TheRepublic, I know how you feel. I'd recommend that you check out the Constitution Party, Reform Party, or Libertarian Party. People within the Republican Party who do not tote the neo-conservative line are often alienated by the party. That's why Pat Buchanan ran as the candidate for the Reform Party in 2000 rather than try to run in the Republican primary. Many in the Constitution and Reform parties are ex-Republicans. There are also a growing number of Republicans going Libertarian.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
NeoCons call moderates and libertarian minded "Republicans" RINOS (Republicans In Name Only). They hate your guts. I mean hate your guts. The cancer within as it were. Try posting something defending Arlen Specter, or for that matter supportive of any of the RNC "rock star" moderates like Schwarzennegger, Giuliani or McCain on some of the big (neo) conservative forums and see what happens. You will quickly be informed you cannot be pro-choice and Republican, or for gay rights and Republican, or critical of anything Bush does (from open borders to massive deficits) and still be a Republican.

Obviously the election is over. The "big tent" is closed, and the safari has begun.

NeoCon Only "RINO" Hunt Club.

It astounds me moderates didn't see this coming. I'm astounded further you'll probably fall for it again in 2006 and 2008.

When the right wing attack machine turns McCain into a commie traitor come 2008, and Jeb surges from "nowhere," then what? At least he's better than Hillary? :shk: Some people never learn.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well, the problem I have with the Republican party is not just Bush, but also McCain, Giuliani, etc...They are just slightly more liberal than George W. Bush. I'll go ahead and call this one too: George W. Bush is a RINO.

new topics

top topics

join