It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New Mysterious Holes Discovered In Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Link to Article

Scientists with the Russian Academy of Sciences' Institute of the Earth Cryosphere, which is leading the investigation, suspect that the first hole formed when melting permafrost triggered an explosion of methane gas. That theory was bolstered when an icy lake was found at the bottom of the 230-foot-deep hole.

I don't really know what to think...these things are multiplying
Of course Siberia has always been a mysterious place in my mind, but we can only wait and see if more appear!!!

In the meantime, other possible explanations have been offered -- from a meteor impact to a collapsed heap of soil-covered ice.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good discussion going on here.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Ok....Thanks...I didn't find it in a search. I think the search engine here is a little lacking

Either that or my search skills...LOL

edit on 29-7-2014 by neOrevolutionist because: added sentence

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neOrevolutionist

They mentioned an explosion due to "methane". The sides of the hole do look "charred". Are they Fracking near there by any chance. Was that an old drill site or something?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not sure...never know what's going on in Siberia...one of the most desolate and secretive places on earth...anything could be a possibility! Good guess on your part though!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neOrevolutionist

Just a tip...
When your posting a new thread just go to the forum and check the most recent threads. If the subject has'nt been posted you're good to go

On topic, i like the ufo coming out/in idea, it makes no sense though

ETA: i just want to say thats a great avatar you got there

edit on 30/7/14 by SecretKnowledge because: avatar comment

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Thanks for the tip...I realize my searching could be better, and somehow, deep down, I knew that someone must have posted already...I just couldn't find it

Also, thanks for the Avatar compliment...that's my son...he just turned 7, and he's a HAM, as you can probably tell

top topics

join