It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all black holes may change into white holes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Doh! I knew that. Sorry, reverse the entropy directions I indicated. I did have it backwards...such a dufus mistake!

Thanks for catching that...is my face red? lol

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yes, I agree...providing the renewing of entropy (increase) as a result of the life cycle of black holes achieves an equilibrium. Also, provided the white hole, or where the matter is spewed is in this universe and is not some quantum type creation of new universes. That too would provide for an eternity, just a constant creation of new universes.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Doh! I knew that. Sorry, reverse the entropy directions I indicated. I did have it backwards...such a dufus mistake!

Thanks for catching that...is my face red? lol
don't worry as an interested layman over time i confuse things i have read or know too. or conflate two different articles or concepts.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Yes, I agree...providing the renewing of entropy (increase) as a result of the life cycle of black holes achieves an equilibrium. Also, provided the white hole, or where the matter is spewed is in this universe and is not some quantum type creation of new universes. That too would provide for an eternity, just a constant creation of new universes.

well you know...according to present theories of the big bang and associated cosmology the energy that coalesced in the matter in the present universe resulted from a collapse in the vacuum potential from a higher energy state to a lower but more stable energy state. well if the black hole is indeed full of negative energy then the vacuum state (it seems to me) would be a higher one than outside it. which means that when one of these thing goes into white hole mode it might result in more energy and matter going out than was collected by it in it's life time. hence it could renew the energy matter or entropy state to cosmically beyond what it would be with just the matter it took in. another big bang.
edit on 30-7-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

'Cuz this is a science and technology forum - but do you think it's a good (and appropriate) metaphor?

ETA:

The "gestational place-time" was an alternate universe.

edit on 30/7/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

'Cuz this is a science and technology forum - but do you think it's a good (and appropriate) metaphor?

ETA:

The "gestational place-time" was an alternate universe.

i answered earlier. its as apt as any metaphor is. all metaphors are imperfect. yet we use them none the less as they aid understanding. it IS a science forum but not everyone understands the same well used metaphors where an unusual one might reach someone whose mind is constituted a different way.

if some credentialed scientist can put forth the Gaia theory for a living planet and anthropomorphosize it then i guess someone can equate the big bang to a birth and anthropomorphosize that. we are not subject to peer review and institutionalized decorum and formality here.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Thanks for that. So space must have some kind of shape or mass. Larger objects put a bigger 'dent' in it than smaller ones and smaller objects 'fall' into it. I've always wondered if space is just some piece of paper that the universe is written on. What happens if you press too hard on the paper while you're writing?.
Maybe God pushes through the paper sometimes and there are holes sometimes

The latest theory I've heard is that there is a black hole in the middle of every galaxy.
We went from earth being the center of the universe to the sun being the center of the universe to the milky way being the center of the universe. now, the milky way is just one of many galaxies and our sun is just one of many solar centers.

Can't wait to find out what we hear next. I'm sure 'science' will figure it out though.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This makes no sense. If the universe is infinite, a trillion trillion black hole/universes would contain a trillion trillion times less energy than our current universe, meaning they're essentially dead!

There's no observation to indicate that this is true.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
This makes no sense. If the universe is infinite, a trillion trillion black hole/universes would contain a trillion trillion times less energy than our current universe, meaning they're essentially dead!

actually there is. As of about a decade ago the most accurate map of the distribution of matter and energy of the universe was made. the cosmos was shown to be extraordinarily flat which means its not a torus or a saddle but flat and most likely infinite and will go on expanding forever.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

actually there is. As of about a decade ago the most accurate map of the distribution of matter and energy of the universe was made. the cosmos was shown to be extraordinarily flat which means its not a torus or a saddle but flat and most likely infinite and will go on expanding forever.

What does "flat" mean, in terms of 3-dimensional space?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

What does "flat" mean, in terms of 3-dimensional space?

it's hard to describe but one difference is in a flat universe you cannot go so far in any direction that you return to where you started from. in closed universes you can. it means very little locally. however; cosmologically it adds restrictions on the "laws of the universe." in some spaces you can do time travel. in some you can't. in some you can devise means to go FTL in some you can't. in some black holes open in other universes in others they don't. but it would take someone trained in the math and in cosmology and physics to tell you the details.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join