It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New Mysterious Holes Appear In Siberia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
These holes are soooo eerie. There must be dozens in Siberia. And they are still popping up new ones? That is just so damn inexplicable. Blows my mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Boy this has all the makings of a viral campaign for a movie......is a new Transformers or Pacific Rim Movie coming out?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Well, at the rate these have popped up we will ( imho) see at least a few more of these. The larger the sample size is the better we can understand them, hopefully. I say no to this being a sink hole because of the ejected material on the side of
the "crater" .

However I don't rule it out completely as circumstances beyond my imagination could be at play. The methane/gas release is plausible. My only hook with that is.... really swamp gas??? And also I haven't heard or seen any other examples of gas being released in this particular manner. I maybe wrong and invite others to show me examples because being wrong is more satisfying then have another unexplained phenomena fall by the wayside and go unexplained.

Either way an interesting conversation and new subject to discuss.

edit on 29-7-2014 by CitizenJack because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenJack

Just a thought

Spice blow

I can hope cant i

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

Just a thought

Spice blow

I can hope cant i

SEIZE HIM!! hes a gesserit spy!!

Yes.. the spice must flow.

Its funny the spice was basically worm poop if i remember correctly.

Anyway these holes are soem type of explosive id imagine. A natural explosive but prolly not methane.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't know - CitizenJack -- Maybe it's just me - but - how did anyone find...another hole...in this landscape?

Yamal Peninsula 1

Yamal Peninsula 2

Probably is just me...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
...Its funny the spice was basically worm poop if i remember correctly.

...Anyway these holes are soem type of explosive id imagine. A natural explosive but prolly not methane.

Of course - worm poop may start with significant quantities of methane...
...so...
Think this has been solved.
...Next Question

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Wow that does put somethings into perspective.
Your first photo really illustrate your point.

However with out the blue lines marking where the holes are in the second photo I cant make any of them out...

Very interesting photos, thank you for posting.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
All I know is that I'm getting strangely aroused...

by the hole thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I agree with Citizen Jack...... explain the ejecta ....
edit on 29-7-2014 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2014 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2014 by Plotus because: forgot to give reason

edit on 29-7-2014 by Plotus because: well I didn't really forget.

edit on 29-7-2014 by Plotus because: well because back in the old days, we never really had to give reason.

edit on 29-7-2014 by Plotus because: I just plead Blond......

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
S&F

I have no idea what is causing these holes to appear, but it sure has me curious. They don't really look like sinkholes to me and I find it odd that nobody has come out with a decisive answer as of yet.

I guess we will all just keep watching and waiting...

Probably not related however....

Are the holes / size of holes similar to the unusual formation in Tunguska / dylatov pass?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I realize that there aren't many prostitutes in Siberia but does this merit so much attention?

edit on 29-7-2014 by doggoneit666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggoneit666

I realize that there aren't many prostitutes in Siberia but does this merit so much attention?

Has this ever occurred anywhere else where u have multiple holes many many miles apart with no evidence of removed dirt etc?

I would say its important to find out what's going on.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
S&F

I have no idea what is causing these holes to appear, but it sure has me curious. They don't really look like sinkholes to me and I find it odd that nobody has come out with a decisive answer as of yet.

I guess we will all just keep watching and waiting...

Probably not related however....

Are the holes / size of holes similar to the unusual formation in Tunguska / dylatov pass?

I have no clue BUT Tunguska was THE FIRST thing that crossed my mind when I heard about the first hole appearing! I kid you not. I am fascinated by Tunguska til this very day. I would imagine the scientists have thought of the same thing. Whether we will ever know the true/whole story is another story entirely.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Slightly different take on an old song may solve this mystery...

P...I...N...G...O

P...I...N...G...O

P...I...N...G...O and Pingo is its name-o.

The picture is a collapsed pingo in Canada. The guy at this link spells it out quite well. Nature is cool for sure.
Link

Sounds almost as plausible as it being this fella's Momma.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Lightning?...massive electrical arcs that exhume material and cast it up and along the arc path, exhuming the material, scorching the void.

Interesting hypothesis: thunderbolts.info...

From above link:

"It seems likely that northern Siberia was the location of lightning strikes as big as half a continent that might have occurred in relatively recent times. The incredible power of those strikes excavated billions of tons of material and redistributed it all over the world – glass spherules from Popigai are found as far away as Great Britain. The arcs uplifted thePutorana Plateau and carved its summit with Lichtenberg figures, as well as leaving semi-circular mountain ridges composed of basalt that march out from the center for hundreds of kilometers. Unusual geomagnetic anomalies are found all over the region – an unmistakable sign of electric currents flowing through the strata."

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

If its able to throw that much debris into the air it makes one think it should be able to be located. There should be signs of disturbance in the area. To date I have not seen any of the articles discuss that portion. What I have seen is how the edges of those holes were blackened (fire / extreme heat / etc).

The distance between these holes is interesting as well. If there is some sort of underground issue going on it must be pretty massive.

Also lightning of that magnitude would most likely be seen from miles around. Have any of the locals who found these holes described massive electrical storms? Anything from satellites?
edit on 30-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Interesting. With that in mind, The Tunguska event might have been Earthly after all.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Same with me...

I would love to go to the area those "pods" are located and look around.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Same with me...

I would love to go to the area those "pods" are located and look around.

Me and you both!!! Those are so odd and even odder still is that the whole event seems to have dropped out of public view so far that nobody even bothers to try and find anything else out about it.

If I had the money, this would be one adventure I would gladly go on!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join