It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants coming to a GA city near you.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just got word from a buddy in immigrations that there is a load of fresh immigrants coming to Norcross, GA. Not sure why or what is there for them, but will assume this will be in the local news sometime tomorrow. Wonder how much more tax payer dollars it is costing to send them from the border all the way to Norcross, GA versus just turning them around and having them walk back the way they came.

This is ridiculous.....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Any proof or just hear say, and does this mean no immigrants have even moved to GA?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Any proof or just hear say, and does this mean no immigrants have even moved to GA?

Only proof I have is from a friend who works for ICE sending an email to me with a heads up. GA has the largest population of ICE detainees facing deportation anywhere in the US, even TX. I am sure plenty of immigrants have moved here.

Like I said though, may be on the local news tonight.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here is an old article on the system here in GA.

GA ICE Jails

Those held at the jail wear color-coded uniforms and are segregated, based on the crimes they have committed. The most violent criminals wear red, while the least violent wear blue.

ICE and CCA officials gave a reporter from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution a roughly hourlong tour of the jail. Dozens of detainees were observed quietly watching television, reading and making phone calls from large rooms where they sleep on bunk beds. Others are held in two-man quarters. Some of the detainees were playing soccer in a fenced-in courtyard. They also have access to Wii video games and library.

Detainees can voluntarily work for $1 to $3 a day cooking and cleaning, said Mike Swinton, the jail’s warden. They can save that money or spend it on MoonPies, pork rinds, chicken ramen noodles or other goods sold in the jail store.
Oscar Leon, 25, who lived in Norcross, spent two months in Stewart late last year before he was deported to Mexico. He said he was struck by how many detainees passed through Stewart. Hundreds leave each week, but buses routinely pull up to the jail, carrying more people to replace them, said the Phoenix High School graduate. Leon was sent to Stewart last year after pleading guilty to driving without a license in Georgia.

“It’s just like a well-oiled machine, you know,” Leon said in a telephone interview last month from the jail. “One in, one out. One in, one out. It’s amazing how many people come in and out in one week.”

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just got another email after I asked about the number and in the last 8 months alone, upwards of 80,000 have been shipped to the east coast. He said they are seeing a lot of the younger ones being recruited into gangs on the east coast as well as then go in and out of the system quickly.

Awesome....just what we need right? More gangs and trafficking in the area....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

GA has the largest population of ICE detainees facing deportation anywhere in the US, even TX.

So are they going there to get processed and deported?
And sorry but you can tell us horror stories all you want from your friend in immigration but with nothing to back it up, it is hearsay.

new topics

top topics

join