It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Lost Cities Under Water

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Wonderful thread. Thankyou for your efforts in putting this together.
Beautiful pictures.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Wonderful thread. Thankyou for your efforts in putting this together.
Beautiful pictures.

Thanks Violet
I enjoyed putting it together.

To all:
If you come across anymore sunken lost cities, please share them .

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Much appreciate your work on this! I'll be reading for a while...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Brilliant, thanks!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thanks.

What I don't understand is how the Chinese government could sink a whole ancient city just to build a hydroelectric power station.

What a shame!
They ruined part of their history.

Many other countries have done the same when they have built hydroelectric dams.

weburbanist.com...

There are incredible amounts of archeological artifacts underwater. From other articles, they say that most of the North Sea was dry land until 4000 years ago, and drilling expeditions often discover things like spear tips and mammoth tusks. Then there are all those Mediterranean shipwrecks that are discovered. Anything metal back then would have eventually been melted down and reused for something else.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thanks for the information and the link.
3 pages of lost cities in lakes.
Those photos are amazing.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

Yes, I didn't add the Bimini Road and Bimini Wall from the Bahamas, because I've read too many accounts of scientists saying it's natural, not man made.
They also said it was too hard to prove, and that it could be around 10,000-20,000 years old if man made.
They couldn't even put a better time estimate to it.

The site of the Bimini Road was above the water line within historical times, about 4 or 5 thousand years ago, IIRC.

It is a natural formation, there's simply no question about it.

Same for Yonaguni, which sank sometime around the beginning of the Common Era (A.D.)

Harte

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Thanks dear Harte for confirming Bimini Road being a natural formation.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte

Thanks dear Harte for confirming Bimini Road being a natural formation.

You're welcome, and let me say I'm glad you posted this list because it states for most of them when and why the places were inundated. Glad to have that info all in one post here at ATS.

I'd like to add, though, that Dwarka sank because the ground sank (still is sinking, along that coast of India) and not due to sea level rise.

Harte

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

sea level rise
edit on Satpm8b20148America/Chicago25 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

credits at my siggy thread
edit on Satpm8b20148America/Chicago29 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Great OP! These are the kinds of threads I like to see
Wealth of information, new stuff I have never seen personally.
This topic is very interesting to me. As the amounts of underwater cities and places this Earth holds is outstanding!
And is that smoking gun kind of truth adventurers and treasure seekers are out for in this day and age.
We have so much to rediscover about ourselves, and so much burred history lost to the water ways of this Earth.
Freaking awesome! Thanks for making this post, S&F and two big
up! Well thought out, and very well put together OP!!
I will review this thread in great detail, and get back with you on some of my findings, and personal thoughts on this topic.
Not to mention, it is a good escape from the everyday, and the here and now! To step back into time like this, and to see there are in fact cities deep within our oceans can say A LOT! And could very well change the history books, which IMO have needed fixing for some time now.
edit on 2-8-2014 by zysin5 because: Giving extra grats to Rainbowresidue for outstanding post. Hope they get 1 applause from this .. Mods...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Thank you.
It's all so fascinating, isn't it?
I was thinking of also looking for written proof.
Survivors' own accounts of writing about how they had to leave their city.
Will look into it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Saeftinghe

Sank:
The land around the town was lost in the All Saint's Flood of 1570, and the city was sunk in 1584, during the Eighty Years' War, where Dutch soldiers were forced to destroy the last intact dike around the town.

Source: io9.com...

I know a little Dutch, I think this says it's a children's shoe found at Saeftinghe

They also found human bones, but I don't want to post that.
Google image search of Saeftinghe will bring lots of photos up.
edit on 3/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Great thread Rainbow Residue!..Thanks for the effort..

This branch of study has always been a favourite of mine!

Here is another example (below) to add to the collection..

www.dailymail.co.uk... Sea.html

I must say i disagree with the Bimini road being a natural formation-the notion of it being natural has an essence of 'the' coverup about it...anyhow here is a thread on it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see a lot of attention is focused on sea level rise which is true in part..but..i am talking dramatic tectonic plate movement being the primary cause.

I am just going to have a quick look for a quote i made earlier,which will sum up the matter at hand today and in the past..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Here it is...i can't edit for some reason..here it is anyway..

"I have to sternly disagree with the 'usual' mainstream theories thrown about, in an effort to suppress the true cause of this global coastal event 3600 years ago,this was primarily caused by extreme tectonic plate relocation (due to magnetic interference from a celestial body) we are experiencing this today and the cover up is doing all it can, so the public do not connect the dots.

The fact that mountain ranges are built in a day and that continents can sink below the waves in a day also,flies in the face of the clueless mainstream.

The cause of this,was and is our Sun's binary twin i.e. Planet X/Brown Dwarf,which is inbound on its 3600 year orbit.This is the true cause of all the wild weather,plate movements,sinkholes,earthquakes,volcanic increase,meteorite increase,magnetic field twist,poles moving location-hence GPS inaccuracies,plane crashes due to EMP/flux,second Sun sightings and photos,the list is long!

Here are some links, with just two examples of the result of the previous passage of our binary twin,which resulted in the Mid Atlantic Ridge adjusting,causing sinking on both sides of the Atlantic-in Britain and on the East coast of the US-Bimini road and many locations in the Carribean are also testament to this event.

I checked into the link below just now (since the last time i looked) and noticed the date has been changed from 3600 years?...hmmm..just check for more examples out there,there are many..

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.onenewengland.com...

A link here outlining the discoveries of Dr.Velikovsky regarding the global event circa 3600 years ago
www.zetatalk.com...

This site should be your go to for any updates and info on this topic!! "

poleshift.ning.com...

edit on 3-8-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Saeftinghe

Sank:
The land around the town was lost in the All Saint's Flood of 1570, and the city was sunk in 1584, during the Eighty Years' War, where Dutch soldiers were forced to destroy the last intact dike around the town.

That's an example - you can't say the city "sank." It's elevation did not go down.

Terminology is everything in this sort of thing because "sinking" cities happen, and "flooded" cities (like this one) also happen.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
There are incredible amounts of archeological artifacts underwater. From other articles, they say that most of the North Sea was dry land until 4000 years ago, and drilling expeditions often discover things like spear tips and mammoth tusks.

That was at least 8,000 years ago that Doggerland was inundated. It completely disappeared (the highest point) about 7,000 years ago.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buddyman

I must say i disagree with the Bimini road being a natural formation-the notion of it being natural has an essence of 'the' coverup about it...anyhow here is a thread on it

Common sense tells us that, if the Bimini Road were artificial, there should be some ancient remains on Bimini.

None have been found.

How do you fit that in with your belief?

A similar argument can be made for Yonaguni.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

They Didn't. Continents don't sink. There is no eveidence for any of them and they have all been thorooughly discredited. There is a diffrence betwee a coastal city sunken by an earthquake and a sunken continent. the only sunken continent is Tasmantis.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

Dr Velisoky was a crackpot. His ridicously leaps of faith were debunked decades ago. Get a clue.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join