It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say what you want about Hamas Rockets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
(post by InverseLookingGlass removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It seems to me we also cannot admit when our allies are being uncivilized.

BTW, elephants and people in Israel are *anxious*. People in Gaza are *dying*.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think with this situation especially people get the Palastinian civilians and Hamas grouped into 1 group. People say 'Gaza' fire rockets, others say Palastinians have fired rockets....when in reality it is Hamas, the 'terrorist' group thet self-proclaimed political power after over-throwing the Fatah government a few years ago. I really don't think they were voted in by the people of Gaza legitimately....but that's just what happens I suppose.

Do you really think the civilians of Palastine want another conflict with a state that is more advanced in them in everyway by 100 fold? More deaths....more destruction of their City, worst thing is they cant' flee because both boarders are barricaded and everywhere else is dangerous to be in because of bombs and foot troops ((This only happened on Friday)

Yeah it must be pretty bad for (some) of the civilians of Israel too that have to seek shelter or the ones that have died because they are under a certain extent of terror, but they hae the iron dome...and millions of $$$ of funding from the US. (I say only say some because there are scum like this in Israel

Plus now with reports of ISIS being in Gaza I can only really seeing this escalate until there's an intervention from Israeli allies.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck
what come back on your other troll account, shouldn't have join on the same date and used two wired name and troll in the same fashion. also you shouldn't have quoted your self with those obvious indicators.
but since you did, i'm pretty sure that their rockets have some high explosive in the and that they also place projectile in the caseing.
see here a description of what can be done with a dry ice bomb.

Dangers
Dry ice bombs have some serious risks:
Premature explosion. Burst pressure can occur within seconds, injuring the handler.
Dry ice is very cold: −78.5 °C (−109.3 °F). The explosion can carry shards of dry ice that had not sublimed.
The shock wave can be extremely loud and hearing damage can occur even at substantial distances.
The blast can propel fragments of the container at very high speeds causing cuts and puncture wounds.
Added shrapnel such as nails, marbles, and metal fragments can cause blunt force trauma to the body.

Dud bombs which fail to explode are a major safety problem. They cannot be left, yet cannot be safely approached. Unexploded bombs can be shot or otherwise ruptured from a safe distance. Injuries are common, with glass bottles in particular posing a risk of serious injury or death.[2][3][4][5]
Dry ice bomb

I joined yesterday - I am still learning how to use the interface. Are you seriously OK? Tighten up your wig, man.
A Dry Ice bomb is pretty far down there on the level of dangerous same as the qassam rockets which are basically flying grenades.
In the media they are being portrayed as Scuds or cruise missiles, IMO.
Oh, & go look up the Pleiades Cluster. You might learn something.
edit on 29-7-2014 by PleiaDsClusterDck because: additional info.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I sure any rocket will damage something but I don't see how you can blame someone for defending their land from being stolen. The Israeli are anything but innocent in this matter. They keep taking more and more Palestinian land and they are surprised that they get attacked? Go back to the original 1947 borders and give back what you stole.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I've thought this up until I was told the land was given lawfully by the UN, but seemingly the party in power refused a 2 state country, and have done ever since? I haven't exactly read into it a lot, but I know this agreement was in 1942
edit on 29/7/2014 by conz1992 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Personally at this point in time in my "what ever I wish world" it would be best if only women negotiated with full authority. Priorities would shift and I believe a truce of sorts with ongoing negotiations would be happening now instead of this craziness. Oh, but that's not going to happen in "this world" 'cause women are just chattel in their sick world. So sad,

STM

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Go back to the original 1947 borders and give back what you stole.

You mean that you want Israel to give back everything to the British?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
We have reached a stage in the decline of the West in which we cannot admit that some of our opponents are uncivilized.

Hamas has no concept of the Law of Land Warfare---the Geneva Conventions. They routinely commit crimes against their own civilian populace, crimes a civilized ruler would fear to impose on his own subjects for purely humane reasons.

Putin has embarked on a course of annexing parts of neighboring states. Not occupying as part of a UN directive, not sending in troops to enforce a cease-fire, but simply taking land and calling it Russia. There is simply no way to do that in South Ossetia or Crimea and call it conforming international law.

Iran and most Islamist states not only perform routine executions in their legal system, their whole legal process is impromptu without any standards of what could be called "due process." Jurists routinely decide which rights of the accused will be honored--or not. Political arrestees are frequently held for decades before being found innocent.

But our liberal elites cannot even admit that our rivals our uncivilized. We keep pretending that they are; that they share our values, and basically play by the rules.

They don't and it is costing us to be dishonest with ourselves.

Bombing Iraq with deplited uranium was civilized?
Gitmo is civilized?
Bombing Libya was civilized?
Droning funurals and wedding is civilized?
Supporting the only apertheid state left in this world is civilized?
I call that hypocricy. All fine and dandy when we break the rules yet when someone else does it than its uncivilized.
edit on 29-7-2014 by BlackNWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen
Maybe a good idea, even the British know not to be this cruel nowadays.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The old Israeli man who fell on his way to the bomb shelter and died:
What about the old Palestinian who was standing out front of his building watching children play when all of a sudden a drone flew over, then a missile strike, killing him and tearing him to shreds, not to mention, all the little kids who the Israelis are obviously targeting? But OH the poor poor Zionists!!! Sickening.
I'm beginning to think that Hamas is Mossad-controlled.
Hopefully, the Israeli government will have international arrest warrants issued for them for war crimes and all in US congress who helped them should be charged as accomplices. And I feel sorry for people who have compassion for these elephants but not all the innocent Palestinians who are being targeted.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

There is some kind of incredible disconnect or lopsidedness about these so called "rockets".

Now the Israelis are claiming that the "rockets" arent doing any damage because of "Iron Dome" when the fact is that the "rockets" weren't doing any damage BEFORE "Iron Dome".

To the average person, it clearly appears as though the "threat" from these "rockets" is being grossly exaggerated by a government, Israel, with a well established history of propaganda and lies.

well i can tell you it's not from the lack of trying, that they're are not doing any more damage or killing people.
some of the rockets do get through, and there has been death and injury caused from this round. and as in others.

yes it is true that the rockets are crude, that's right now. i bet you the people that are supplying the rockets and or tech to build them to hamas and the other groups, are trying to figure out a to control their flight. then what do you think hamas and the other terror groups are gonna do.

here are but a few images from a very beloved source here on ATS. they give the city of the attacks and show damage done and the reaction of people at the warnings of attacks.

the liveleak page 1700 rockets fired so far on Israel from Gaza in the last 13 days + 38 photos Read more at www.liveleak.com...

just the last 13 days. you can go and do asearch and see more images from the past years, you'll see about the same.
as i said it's just not about being a nuisance weapons, they can do damage and do cause death, injury, and psychological damage. and it's not from a lack of trying that they haven't killed more.

one day when they can control the fire, of what ever weapon, which they will on on trying to improve on, you will see more death and damage done

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I sure any rocket will damage something but I don't see how you can blame someone for defending their land from being stolen. The Israeli are anything but innocent in this matter. They keep taking more and more Palestinian land and they are surprised that they get attacked? Go back to the original 1947 borders and give back what you stole.

That would be a start. Then, I doubt any rockets would be fired. All world powers should pass a world law that only guns can be used in Israel/Palestine.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992

I've thought this up until I was told the land was given lawfully by the UN, but seemingly the party in power refused a 2 state country, and have done ever since? I haven't exactly read into it a lot, but I know this agreement was in 1942

There was no UN in 1942.
Who said the UN owned any of the land in the area to begin with?
I would suggest you start a little research by reading the Balfour Agreement, then move on to the events which have taken place since. Don't just read the accounts of one side read from a perspective of a third party, if you can find one.
After that come back and express an informed opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

How can land be stolen if it never belonged to them in the first place?

The Palestinians should have accepted the UN Partition Plan in 1947 instead of declaring war on Israel, and they would have had their own state.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

i suggest you read a little more yourself. it is well documented that the British made promises to both sides.
it is also well documented, that the Arabs refused a two state solution and that Israel accepted it.
which led to all the wars that have followed.

if anyone should be catching flack about what is happening over in gaza. it's the ones who made the promises.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

How can land be stolen if it never belonged to them in the first place?

The Palestinians should have accepted the UN Partition Plan in 1947 instead of declaring war on Israel, and they would have had their own state.

I don't know a whole lot about the laws of ownership in the area, but I would think if a family lived in the same house inthe same town in the same region for several generations, their claim to ownership would trump any thing some guy sitting in another country might have to say.
I am not greatly concerned about someone who is trying to move back to their homeland making a claim either. I figure if they had wanted to live there, they would have been back long age. 2000 years is a long time to wait on permission for anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

if anyone should be catching flack about what is happening over in gaza. it's the ones who made the promises.

I can't help but agree with this statement.
Maybe the injured parties should be sending the British government a bill for all they have had to put up with.
edit on 29-7-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

I can't help but agree with this statement.

Maybe the injured parties should be sending the British government a bill for all they have had to put up with.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

it is also well documented that Jews/Hebrews and Arabs have lived in the land from the very first written records.
they both are from Semitic origin. and they have lived there in relative peace for a good deal of that time. they even fought side by side against Cristian Crusaders.

Massacre of Jerusalem
Jews fought side-by-side with Muslim soldiers to defend Jerusalem against the Crusaders.[4] Saint Louis University Professor Thomas Madden, author of A Concise History of the Crusades, claims the "Jewish Defenders" of the city knew the rules of warfare and retreated to their synagogue to "prepare for death" since the Crusaders had breached the outer walls.[5] According to the Muslim chronicle of Ibn al-Qalanisi, "The Jews assembled in their synagogue, and the Franks burned it over their heads."[6] One modern-day source even claims the Crusaders "[circled] the screaming, flame-tortured humanity singing 'Christ We Adore Thee!' with their Crusader crosses held high."[7] However, a contemporary Jewish communication does not corroborate the report that Jews were actually inside of the Synagogue when it was set fire.[8] This letter was discovered among the Cairo Geniza collection in 1975 by historian Shelomo Dov Goitein.[9] Historians believe that it was written just two weeks after the siege, making it "the earliest account on the conquest in any language."[9] However, all sources agree that a synagogue was indeed burned during the siege.
History of the Jews and the Crusades

Jews were even there when the British gained control after WWI during the Ottoman Empire rule there. it is also documented that there were Jews people in part of the Ottoman government.

edit on 29-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join