It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza's ONLY power plant shut down by Israeli shelling

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Care to actuallly site your sources for the quotes you are putting up?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I did read it, it just happens to be false... stating they had not fired a single rocket since 2012 is just incorrect, there have been rockets or mortars fired every single year since 2001, being that the article claims that it's lost as a reputable source.

You can post it a third time if you like.. it will still be wrong.
edit on 7/29/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

It is the link that none of you bothered to read on the last page

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

the Israeli security establishment testified to the aggressive anti-rocket efforts made by the new police force Hamas established specifically for that purpose

Read that there again, Israel themselves stated that Hamas made anti-rocket efforts, so now along with the Palestinians, Israel is lying about Hamas not firing rockets too? Is that what you are saying?
edit on 29-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Like I said ... I read it, but it's not accurate so it really doesn't mean that much.. I remember rocket and mortar attacks in 2013 because it was a big deal since Obama was visiting.. And we all know about 2014 .. and your original claim was SINCE 2012.. there were rocket attacks in 2012 as well .. so again .. your source stating NOT ONE ROCKET had been fired since 2012 is just entirely false.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ah where to begin,

Though it is never explicitly stated, Segev's thesis is clear. Israeli fears of an Arab attack "had no basis in reality," he argues; "there was indeed no justification for the panic that preceded the war, nor for the euphoria that took hold after it." Rather than responding to an imminent Arab threat, Israelis were reacting out of a deep-seated trauma born of years of Jewish suffering

www.washingtonpost.com...

Israel actually struck first and then took the land, kinda sounds like an invasion does it not?

I believe you need to do some more research on the history of what actually happened, quoting a small piece of a tiny snipit does not constitute the truth or objectivity.....

And quoting from a THESIS is not history...

I agree hard to pinpoint exactly who started the war in 67 and could be argued either way. See Israel attacked Egyptian airfields but Egypt amassed troops along the border preparing for the attack. Was Egypt going to attack of course they were was it ok for Israel to bomb egypt matter for debate since virtually no negotiations occurred .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

the Israeli security establishment testified to the aggressive anti-rocket efforts made by the new police force Hamas established specifically for that purpose

Read that there again, Israel themselves stated that Hamas made anti-rocket efforts, so now along with the Palestinians, Israel is lying about Hamas not firing rockets too? Is that what you are saying?

That quote doesn't in any way say that Hamas is not firing rockets, it said Hamas has an aggressive anti-rocket police force.. it doesn't state that Hamas' anti-rocket police force stopped 100% of the attacks ( they didn't ) ..

Do you not remember this event? it was all over the news when they fired while Obama was there and a Hamas group even claimed responsibility..

www.reuters.com...

I can find you more sources if you want..
edit on 7/29/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus

Like I said ... I read it, but it's not accurate so it really doesn't mean that much.. I remember rocket and mortar attacks in 2013 because it was a big deal since Obama was visiting.. And we all know about 2014 .. and your original claim was SINCE 2012.. there were rocket attacks in 2012 as well .. so again .. your source stating NOT ONE ROCKET had been fired since 2012 is just entirely false.

Did you or did you not say there was non stop rocket attacks from Hamas for the last 4-5 years?

Israel has not made any move to claim the gaza strip in nearly 10 years and in the last 4-5 years has sat mostly idly by while Hamas fired tons of rockets, which is obviously ok with you.. Hamas has been the instigator of this for the last few years while being resupplied by Iran.

The link says that Israel themselves said it was not Hamas, it was other groups, why is Hamas getting the blame now?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Did you or did you not say there was non stop rocket attacks from Hamas for the last 4-5 years?

Israel has not made any move to claim the gaza strip in nearly 10 years and in the last 4-5 years has sat mostly idly by while Hamas fired tons of rockets, which is obviously ok with you.. Hamas has been the instigator of this for the last few years while being resupplied by Iran.

The link says that Israel themselves said it was not Hamas, it was other groups, why is Hamas getting the blame now?

Yes, because they've fired every single year since 2001 =) .. including 2012, 2013 and of course 2014 when you said not one rocket had been fired.. ( i'll give you a pass, you know 2014 isn't included ) ..

I should be fair.. it's really more about rocket attacks from Palestine in general.. I know it's not JUST Hamas... just mostly Hamas...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ok this is from your link

A small Islamist group claimed responsibility for firing rockets on Thursday at an Israeli border town from the Gaza Strip during U.S. President Barack Obama's visit to the region.

The small Salafi group called Magles Shoura al-Mujahddin said in an Internet statement that it fired the rockets to show that Israeli air defenses could not stop attacks on the Jewish state during the visit.

The Islamist Hamas group, which rules Gaza since 2007, has conducted sweeps against the armed Salafis, who espouse an austere form of Islam and who often try to fire rockets into Israel in defiance of de facto Palestinian truces.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot buddy, your link stated that Hamas is trying to stop them, well done.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If they couldnt fire rockets blindly, there are worse alternatives.

Anyone remember the IRA attacks in the UK?

They would just send somone over covertly with a bomb in a bag and leave it on a bus. Nasty and effective at killing people. Terrible way to make a political statement - use your words!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft Wars are not won by proportional strikes. What other nation would engage in proportional retaliation if they were being assaulted by rockets from a neighboring country?
I have no great love of Israel but I wouldn't fault them for finishing Hamas once and for all.

edit on 7/29/2014 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

We did read it. The issue is it's not true. I want to know more of the information that they gathered from since we know this is false from just about any other report .....from just about anywhere....

So the other question is since almost every other report on the situation seems to say the complete opposite

Why did you cherry pick this one that is so blatantly untrue

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

We did read it. The issue is it's not true. I want to know more of the information that they gathered from since we know this is false from just about any other report .....from just about anywhere....

So the other question is since almost every other report on the situation seems to say the complete opposite

Why did you cherry pick this one that is so blatantly untrue

Well then you'll have to prove it's not true, since you are so sure you'll have no problem debunking it, just because you say something doesn't make it so.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridrm
Exactly and that's the thing. If people in my neighborhood are talking about shooting up my family and taking my stuff. And then they start gathering outside my home w weapons. I'm probably not going to wait..

We could argue the semantics all day but honestly if someone is gathering an invading force against you the hostility factor has already been established IMHO

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Doesn't this same thought process apply to your post or is it somehow exempt? Just becaus your op source says it's true doesn't make it so....

And just about every other report on the situation says that it doesn't ....

So how can you state your op is true. Especially since the evidence suggests it's not

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The President of Egypt, then known as the United Arab Republic (UAR), Gamal Abdel Nasser, later conveyed to U.S. President Lyndon Johnson that his troop buildup in the Sinai Peninsula prior to the war had been to defend against a feared Israeli attack.

In a meeting with Nasser, Johnson’s special envoy to the UAR, Robert B. Anderson, expressed U.S. puzzlement over why he had massed troops in the Sinai, to which Nasser replied, “Whether you believe it or not, we were in fear of an attack from Israel. We had been informed that the Israelis were massing troops on the Syrian border with the idea of first attacking Syria, there they did not expect to meet great resistance, and then commence their attack on the UAR.”

Nasser added that “your own State Department called in my Ambassador to the U.S. in April or May and warned him that there were rumors that there might be a conflict between Israel and the UAR.

U.S. intelligence had indeed foreseen the coming war. “The CIA was right about the timing, duration, and outcome of the war”, notes David S. Robarge in an article available on the CIA’s website.

www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...

Sounds like Israel was the aggressor.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Doesn't this same thought process apply to your post or is it somehow exempt? Just becaus your op source says it's true doesn't make it so....

And just about every other report on the situation says that it doesn't ....

So how can you state your op is true. Especially since the evidence suggests it's not

See they cite their sources in the link I posted and that you "read" instead of just insisting it's not true like yourself. But of course you know that because you read it right?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Also worth mentioning that the Palestinians have said it would take a year to repair the plant, and also worth noting that Israel provides power to the area as well, though those lines have been damaged...

So Israel knocks out the power plant then they can charge the Palestinians for electricity because power lines can be replaced a whole lot easier than fixing or building a power plant. Sounds like a nice little racket.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridrm
Exactly and that's the thing. If people in my neighborhood are talking about shooting up my family and taking my stuff. And then they start gathering outside my home w weapons. I'm probably not going to wait..

We could argue the semantics all day but honestly if someone is gathering an invading force against you the hostility factor has already been established IMHO

Until someone attacks then there is no war. The fact is Israel started the war in 67. There is no law stating where a nation has to keep their military forces if they want to keep them on their border then that is their right. Israel should have just stationed their military on their border opposite of Egypt but they instead chose to attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join