It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way of Cartouche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I was recently gifted a set of cards and the book The Way of Cartouche by Murry Hope. I, along with most people am aware of horoscopes and Tarot cards. I even reference the I Ching often, flip the coins and read the lines. I find all of it very interesting and I approach it with an open mind.

While looking through the books and becoming familiar with the cards and their meaning, I can't but help but notice that a lot of the cards contain many symbols that are considered powerful. I am looking for more information on the subject from people that have some experience reading and using them.

Are there any members that could provide more information or some first hand experiences with Cartouche? Thank you in advance!

Card Descriptions and Pictures
edit on 7/28/2014 by imnotanother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

The mystery behind these card "games" is not always benevolent. If you are going to play around with them, be aware there might be consequences.

Like gambling with cards in Vegas, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Or like mixing of random chemicals in a chemistry lab to see what happens.

Could be be nothing or…

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The mystery behind these card "games" is not always benevolent. If you are going to play around with them, be aware there might be consequences.

Like gambling with cards in Vegas, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Or like mixing of random chemicals in a chemistry lab to see what happens.

Could be be nothing or…

I am aware that you can mishandle and misuse these cards and others like them. When operating anything, it is best to have some knowledge.

I never referenced the cards as a game and do not treat them that way. I am simply asking for some information from people with knowledge/wisdom on the matter.

Have you ever used them yourself?
edit on 7/28/2014 by imnotanother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

In a before lifetime I had a reading once. The people that were giving it to me stopped because they said it was getting to weird. What they meant they never told me. I also played with some neighbors kids with a Ouija Board one time and that got really weird too. I must say over my life time I have had several encounters with spirits and none of that required me to dabble in any of these "arts". What are you looking for?

Don't tell me you are not looking to have a spirit encounter yourself, I won't believe you.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Look into how to cast or deal them. Often it is done with a certain numbers of cards depending on the question.

And with tarot and other forms of divination they can go both ways or have dual meanings. An experienced oracle would know how to read through the lines.

Research the cards, then how to use them in practice. Read up on how others use them and form your own ritual.

With all forms of divination use and treat it with respect.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A lot of those symbols are incorporated into the images in the Crowley deck. I've never used it for divining. I just thought the pictures looked cool. I have experimented with I Ching. More as a tool to guide meditation than to see into the future.

I have never seen the Cartouche.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have a pack...but haven't used them in years. There are certain ways to lay done the cards ( patterns) depending on what you're seeking. And never let anyone else borrow your cards...it's your energy that keeps them straight ...you can deal for others but don't lend them out.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What are you looking for?

Don't tell me you are not looking to have a spirit encounter yourself, I won't believe you.

I am looking for first hand experience/testimonies/reviews (any way you want to word it). I'm not sure what you exactly mean by a "spirit encounter" but it sounds like you are not familiar with what Cartouche is as well. I am not interested in contacting "ghost" or anything. I was young once as well and played with Ouija boards and what not.
Just looking for info.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

Thank you for the reply. I have been taking my time and learning the meaning of the cards. I haven't worked on any sort of cast/dealings.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Thank you for the information. I was told the same by the person who gave me the deck. She is a self proclaimed "white witch."

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother don't be scared or run off by someone else's opinion. I would dig deep for testimonies from people who have gone to experienced oracles. Of course there is going to ne a ton of baloney and rubbish.

Possibly try out a few methods others use and see how it feels and pay attention to the outcome(s).
edit on 28-7-2014 by kodasaufa because: ...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

Yes, the literature that I have explains a few different methods to deal the cards for yourself and to read others. Once I am more knowledgeable about the cards meanings, I will try it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Sweet, and why not try it out on someone here possibly?

top topics

join