It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can There Be An Honest President? If So, Who?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJesusWuang

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
Clearly it's Ron Paul.

Only liberty can truly ward off tyranny, the great and eternal foe of mankind.

Who is this Ron Paul person? I remember hearing about Richard Perry and Joe Lieberman and of course Hillary Clinton, but I'm not so familiar with also-ran candidates from the United States. Is he the one who has much money and bought a governorship in New York or is he the one who is very racist and associated with the KKK and death threats against President Obama?

It would be nice to see someone with principles and untouched by money or atheist capitalist immorality ascend to the highest office in the USA.
I think Ron Paul is not one of us, just like Obama.

You see, when Obama ran in 2008 he captured the population in a way that hasn't been matched in some time and as soon as he got elected he continued to screw us over and make us weak. I think Ron Paul is the same, win over the US with some great ideas and backstab them while working for someone else.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich, a lion of a man, who was repeatedly marginalized every way they could think of including asking dopey questions about whether he had ever seen a UFO. (And take a look at who we could have had as first lady! - Elizabeth Kucinich

Gary Johnson who had to switch from the Republican party to the Libertarian party after the 'clown car' debate debacle wherein Michelle Bachman was invited to the early debates (2012 election) even though she hadn't declared her candidacy yet, and the pizza guy and 'whoops' Perry was there, but not this earliest declared candidate, highly respected two term successful governor who summited Mt. Everest four weeks after he broke his ankle. Gary Johnson wiki

Reason.com article Gary Johnson

'Is this the Sanest Man Running For President'?

Jill Stein of the Green Party.

Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party.

Sorry, but I have limited respect for Ron Paul. He put family members in charge of much of his campaign, shoveling them millions from campaign donations but blowing the campaign, then rolled over and played dead when push came to slight shove at the Republican convention (sorta looked like it was planned that way to me...).

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

Exactly my point. A man wants to close Gitmo, end two horrible bumflucks wars, reform wall street, open up the peoples house so everyone can see who's got their fingers in the pie. I would call that noble. But I was wrong (and will admit that). What I find comical is you people that seem to think anybody (including Dr. Paul) would go in there and do much better.

put a Paul in there without control of congress and you'll see exactly what we have with an Obama without control. Zero results, zero progress, 100% just aiming for the next cycle.
edit on Monu2014-07-28T21:06:07-05:00kf2014Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:06:07 -05002014-07-28T21:06:07-05:002014v by DuckforcoveR because: hit post too soon. mobile screen tok small

edit on Mon0000002014-07-28T21:06:36-05:00kf2014Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:06:36 -05002014-07-28T21:06:36-05:002014v by DuckforcoveR because: spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
sigh...i'm sorry you apparently haven't taken the time to explore these issues enough yet..

keep at it bud, you'll get there!!
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

edit on 28-7-2014 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KeliOnyx

originally posted by: Catacomb
a reply to: samstone11

The only politician I have ever really liked, and agree with almost everything they say, has been Ron Paul. He will never be elected, but I believe he is a good person, and wouldn't let the office change him. But yeah...he'll never win an election.

The office would still change even him. It is just the nature of the job. Even Jefferson, who was very distrustful of a powerful elected executive ended up doing the most to expand the power of the office the President during his day. We as citizens will never have the full privilege of knowing everything any of the Presidents know and deal with. We can only trust we put the best man i the job at the time.

As to the OP it wouldn't matter if we had an honest President or not. If you put a D in front of their name this Congress would everything in their power to sabotage anything and everything they would try to do. The problem isn't in the Executive, the Senate or the Supreme Court. The problem lies in the mess that is the House of Representatives where bipartisanship is a bad thing and doing everything it can to not govern is a good thing.
The President has an obligation to lead and inspire others to compromise all the great presidents have been able to do this skillfully. Obama made huge mistakes when he chose not to lead but to mandate and once he lost the mandate he failed miserably.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR

Exactly my point. A man wants to close Gitmo, end two horrible bumflucks wars, reform wall street, open up the peoples house so everyone can see who's got their fingers in the pie. I would call that noble. But I was wrong (and will admit that). What I find comical is you people that seem to think anybody (including Dr. Paul) would go in there and do much better.

put a Paul in there without control of congress and you'll see exactly what we have with an Obama without control. Zero results, zero progress, 100% just aiming for the next cycle.

I have to agree, unfortunately. Ron Paul would be my choice, but you guys really think the plans will change? Who knows?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure what that means. But I'll keep at it. Listen, I'm not a fool and I'm certainly not some young punk who wouldn't know what a good idea sounds like. I didn't vote for the jack but I was one of the few who didn't vote for either jack but still wanted to let the president be president. When he won, I looked at what he said he would do and honestly thought he had some great (speech) ideas.

I haven't just explored some of these issues, I've lived them. And with my boot straps firmly on hand I pull myself up. I don't need a "keep at it bud" pep-talk in a thread about how Ron Paul the savior could one up an Obama savior that many are quick to pounce on.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The people who would make the best presidents are typically unelectable for one of the following reasons:

1. They don't want the aggregation
2. They are making too much money
3. They have too many skeletons

I always thought Newt Gingrich would have made an outstanding president but he couldn't keep his personal life straight. Was he a liar....sure but he understood the economy, understood how congress worked, understood what legislation was passible and have a handle on foreign policy.

Ron Paul has solid domestic economic ideas but I think he would be an overall week leader, would polarize congress and I don't have much confidence in his foreign policy ability. Great on the surface just not sure there is enough grit or depth.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Absolutely Obama espoused some great and wonderful things. Unfortunately, his actions haven't lived up to the promise even when he had sufficient power to do so. In fact, his profound secrecy and use of his pen and phone have shown a very different person than the one who claimed to be bringing hope. Over time, this had eroded his support base immensely as is evident in any recent poll.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul... Ron Paul... That guy told it how it was.
You know who else told it like it was before they were president?
Pretty much every single president.

Remember this guy?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think the real question is how long could an honest president actually survive in office.

Our greatest enemies are in the District of Criminals.

They are out to destroy America.

According to Prophet John Paul Jackson revelations, the President who was meant to take power in 2012 was aborted in 1970

As a consequence America has been led astray by those backed by TPTB.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Wow, way to kill two birds with one stone. He gets to pretend he's a prophet, while at the same time demonizing abortions.

I gotta know what it is with religious folks overtly contradicting their own doctrine which clearly states against the worship of false prophets.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I saw this thread title and could not help but post. Honest President? Show a single honest politician.
All career politicians are liars by nature and by trade. We get constantly bent over and raped, and they smile and wave and pander to whatever group of morons happens to be drooling in front of them.

I'm just gonna kill myself

X X
v
____

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: samstone11

I have to wonder if an honest president could get anything done. My dad was a grade 17 for the GAO and dealt with Congress and said they are basically crooked, stupid, or both. How does an honest president play his hand in a crooked game of cards? We need to clean House (and Senate). Maybe adding "None Of The Above" on our ballots would help! We must choose between the crap offered from either side so its lesser of two evils rather than excellent leadership waiting to happen. If our Congress is representative of our nation, how come its mostly white, mostly millionaires, and lopsidedly doctors or lawyers? How many are Ivy League? It's an elitist Congress out of touch with the populace but experienced at populist slogans that fool so many of the people so much of the time.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingCap
I gotta know what it is with religious folks overtly contradicting their own doctrine which clearly states against the worship of false prophets.

Don't seem to recall mentioning anything about religion...

In FACT I happen to despise religion more than just about anything else in this world.

What it is with all the religiophobic folks trying to label everyone else as religious?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Looking for an honest president?
How about Jose Mujica, president of Uruguay:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The powers to be will pick the president so no u will not get an honest statesman. It just isn't possible in a rigged system, but I do believe there are good statesmen, they just won't get elected.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
so before i jump off of a bridge onto the mast of a sailboat, can someone tell me how the hell i change my profile picture and stuffs.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The final paragraph from an article I discovered....

There is an obscure 1973 essay by former Pentagon liaison to the CIA, L Fletcher Prouty, pointing out by the time of the Johnson administration, there was a more than fair chance any President of the United States, going forward, would have found himself trapped in the circumstance of helpless in the face of executive branch institutions, the CIA Operations people particularly, behaving as they pleased, without accountability. Prouty was a smart man, and since his time, the CIA and Pentagon appear quite clearly to have become integrated into a tool that is not controlled by the President but is an agency which controls on behalf of right-wing ‘Christian Millennial‘ personalities who just happen to believe in literal Armageddon. In the final estimation, Obama, if he’d any inclination to do the right thing when coming into the presidency, he’s since found out he’d been ‘chosen’ and when you’ve been ‘chosen’, you cannot say ‘no’

ronaldthomaswest.com...

and a link to a, sadly, short thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...called "I've come across something..." and I'd really like input on this author and his work.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: ThinkingCap

Don't seem to recall mentioning anything about religion...

In FACT I happen to despise religion more than just about anything else in this world.

What it is with all the religiophobic folks trying to label everyone else as religious?

Gah, sorry Murgatroid.
I read the comments on that youtube page and was just flabbergasted at some of the people on there. In no way was my statement directed at you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join