It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, Obama Really Said This: ‘You Don’t Get To Pick Which Rules You Play By’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

During his weekly address, Barack Obama said that the American people “don’t get to pick which rules you play by.” (For you grammar sticklers, that would be “the rules by which you play.”) Anyway, here’s O:

“Even as corporate profits are as high as ever, a small but growing group of big corporations are fleeing the country to get out of paying taxes … they’re basically renouncing their citizenship and declaring that they’re based somewhere else, just to avoid paying their fair share.
[W]hen some companies cherry-pick their taxes, it damages the country’s finances. It adds to the deficit. … You don’t get to pick which rules you play by, or which tax rate you pay, and neither should these companies.”

Yeah, Obama Really Said This: 'You Don't Get To Pick Which Rules You Play By'

C'mon Barry. You endless spewing of this crap is getting old. All you do is play by your own rules anyhow. Of course we know you want ALL of us to play by only YOUR rules. Unfortunately that's not how this works, or at least that no how is SUPPOSED to work. But then again you do have "a pen and a phone".

Let's take a look shall we?

Setting aside his worn-out “fair share” mantra (the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world), the irony here is a president who regularly circumvents Congress, the U.S. Constitution and existing federal law. Mind-numbing.

Think about it. Obama has:

* Instructed the Justice Department to stop defending the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act
* Unilaterally implemented the DREAM Act, which was defeated in Congress
* Unilaterally rewritten the Affordable Care Act at least 42 times
* Continued to ignore existing federal immigration laws

Maybe I missed it. Maybe he’s saying that people and corporations with whom he disagrees don’t get to choose which “rules” they follow. (See: Hobby Lobby)

And I'm sure there are many more and more to come.

-SAP-
edit on 28-7-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

During his weekly address, Barack Obama said that the American people “don’t get to pick which rules you play by.”

Ain't that what he has been doing for the past 6 years ?

And AIN'T that what them ILLEGALS have been doing ?

Apparently lot's of people get to pick what 'rules' to play by.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He also said he had a pen and a phone...

So it's obvious that ITS ONLY SOME OF US that don't get to pick the rules we play by.

He should really clarify that next time.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If you are on his "side" you get too lol.

Obama only does two things when he talks. Lie and make himself look like a fool.

Keep spewing the crap Barry. I enjoy good fiction once and awhile.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So you're saying that it's okay for corporations to do this? Or you just don't think Obama should point it out?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
" Yeah, Obama Really Said This: ‘You Don’t Get To Pick Which Rules You Play By’ "

Of course !!

He chooses his rules and he chooses yours.

Perfect double-talk from the expert himself.

"and the Colonel didn't know I had a buzzer in my hand either !!"

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Corporations are not the government.

There is a big difference there. The President is being a hypocrite plain and simple.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Don't forget he released 5 prisoners from Guantanamo Bay without giving congress a proper notification. Clear violation. I hope our next President isn't this hypocritical and incompetent.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I agree, releasing high level terrorist from Gitmo was pretty infuriating... Even if it was a exchange, that is kind of controversial.

I hope to god it won't be Hillary Clinton either... Then we are all boned.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think he's honest as Lincoln.

"YOU don't get to pick which rules YOU play by."

Perfectly clear to me what he means.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The audacity.

They're just stretching us out, you know, a bit wider, in preparation for the next (s)election.

...mmmmm…
oh…

Oh, my goodness!

# 238

edit on 28-7-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
so he's telling corporations that the have to play by the rules.....oooooo...controversial!!....ooooo, boogie, boogie.....lol, that's it?......hey I just heard him say.....people need to get paid more in minimum wage....ooooo, boogie, boogie

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Corporations are not the government.

There is a big difference there. The President is being a hypocrite plain and simple.

-SAP-

I understand what the difference is. The corporations run the goverment. I also understand that he's being hypocritical, but that doesn't deter from the fact that he's right when he says that their actions are detrimental to our financial state.

Are you trying to say that what those corporations are doing is right? Or don't you care because Obama brought it up?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, to be clear, WE DON'T. Government and large corporations get to pick the rules they go by all the time.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
the term 'you' was a euphanism that really meant 'You'....and excluded the 'me' meaning himself

the present (lawless) WH occupant also did another 'bill clinton' play on words meaning when he told the population that ---
"You did not succeed by yourself (Build It)...you had help... from the government"

((probably because Obama was drawing on past life experience, where He played the government "Affirmative-Action System" over-&-over to get foreign student entry and oppressed minority status to leap-frog the true hard worker, natural citizens, and to get placements not available to others))

just when will the much needed 'American Spring' get organized
so we can have 'Millions' protesting the Regime in power now, for weeks at a time... which worked in many regime changed nations in the ME/Egypt, etc.
the present "TIC" needs to be outed

edit on th31140659245028072014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31140659250828082014 by St Udio because: ~~~

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

*ahem*

Mr. Obama?

I too, have a phone and a pen.

Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well I've come to realize that anything our dear leader says is the opposite of what he means.

So I guess I can pick what rules I live by.
edit on 28-7-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, it's par for Obama to say this. He speaks with personal knowledge of making his own set of rules.

I don't agree with corporations doing this but for Obama to say that is

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The "unless you are me" ending is implicit.

Perhaps if we did not drive companies out of America fewer would do this. Lots of blame by both parties.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
So you're saying that it's okay for corporations to do this? Or you just don't think Obama should point it out?

Corporations don't work for the people, on the other hand the president does. The executive branch through the DOJ prosecutes rule breakers. I wonder why they haven't prosecuted the oval office rule breaker. Anyone hazard a guess?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join