It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: Updates and Changes to the ATS Terms and Conditions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

...mind if i PM you about what i saw?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: TKDRL

at the risk of being immediately banned....i believe he's talking about genuine shills....

still..the new additions to the T&C are a little distressing.....it seems like it's becoming easier and easier to get banned.

there's this one, and the other one regarding decorum....seems a bit much maybe....

I think it's actually pretty hard to get banned unless you're deliberately and continually posting things that violate T&C's. I've said some dumb things on this site in the past and except for a few post removals......I haven't had any problems.

Considering that this site relies on traffic to generate revenue, it would contradict their business model to adopt policies that decrease traffic. So banning is not good for business. Paid shills and the like are a liability to the site because they can potentially drive away current members that login on a regular basis and could be a turn-off to future potential members.

So I see this change as being good for the community.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

i agree that banning people is bad for business, and i also COMPLETELY understand that it is necessary, and that some people NEED to go....

shills are bad for business too, because they might run off members, thus decreasing traffic...

i'll wait to hear back from bill though...i cannot go into detail about what's really bugging me, because, as you well know "staff actions will not be discussed on the boards"

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Ya, I was just adding my perspective in to the mix. You will have to talk with the big guys if something else is concerning you.

I'm just an over-opinionated peon and cannot provide you anything other than my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: jimmyx
with all due respect to the other members, if you have doubts about what you want to post, run it by a moderator first.

I want to add that 99.5% of currently active members have no concern about these two additions.

These two additions are intended to send a message to those attempting to create an account here, then begin pushing an agenda with little or no involvement in topics outside their specific attempts to disrupt collaborative discussion.

Whew! Yay! Woo hoo! I feel so much better!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: jimmyx
with all due respect to the other members, if you have doubts about what you want to post, run it by a moderator first.

I want to add that 99.5% of currently active members have no concern about these two additions.

These two additions are intended to send a message to those attempting to create an account here, then begin pushing an agenda with little or no involvement in topics outside their specific attempts to disrupt collaborative discussion.

Make that 99.6%.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
So ATS has Police Too!

About FRICKEN TIME!

How Do new members get flags and stars with just a thread and No Reply's? How a Click targets a Topic and tangles every viewpoint between each other without Join the topic at all. Many other ways also I have seen more in the past 6 months.

Truth does have a way to frighten people, even questionable truth as told by another. Yet, it is Truth in Their own Eyes as they See and understand it. Most want The Truth By Links and Pretty Pictures bypassing any understanding of said Point Of View and not having Done the Work Themselves!

Or ATS has been Taken Over By DHS and needs every Action Accountable, Logged and Held Till Death and After! So BAN MY @SS! If I do Get Out Of Line! Oh Wait! Try that line with DHS! You OWE $500.00 due to some People in Your dept. here are the Links, U2U's and any other Intel needed to collect this Dept!

Yet Okay with it and Raise My Hand In Agreement To Said Questionable U2U Probing! Only have 1 small question pertaining to Banning. One just changes everything to Sign Up again Like On Face Book! One Person Could BE 3 people at any given time, plus Bots!

Peace & Love

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you. ...I was wondering about the trend.

F&

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It seems to me that every time T & C is mentioned by anybody in Admin. it stirs up the membership. Does anybody actually know what the Terms and Conditions say? How many even know where to find them? There is a Link at the bottom of every ATS page. Let me correct that because I have not looked at the bottom of every page. T&C's are at the bottom of the pages I have seen. For several years now, I have been here reading almost every day, but I seldom post. In that time I have seen the T&C's get bent if not completely broken. Most times I think it is simply inintentional. A mistake. Nothing much to get hyper about.
Perhaps everybody ought to at least skim over the rules every couple months or so.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rawiea

If you pretend you are a guest in someone's living room, with lots of people you did not know, reading the T&C would be barely necessary.

edit on 29-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If you are gonna bring money into the issue of posting here and expect to enforce it legally. Then it seems to me that you would need a way for a member to terminate their account if they wish. I am fairly sure that accounts have been hacked before and some would choose to not run the risk.

Also can you please point me to the part where i can agree to those terms and conditions. Why do i get the feeling as though i am being bullied into something.
edit on 29-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi, Im new and haven't contributed to the forums yet, but want to start my owns threads. How long does that take?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: raberto86

You have a message. Click here.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are indeed forum gangs here on ATS one has to look no further than posting anything critical of firearms in the USA.

No one can even respond to this side of the issue without having the thread buried in pro gun rhetoric and NRA slogans.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok
Same could be said about the "gunophobe gangs" lol.
I am pretty sure that is not what is meant by a forum gang.

edit on Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:10:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join