It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: Updates and Changes to the ATS Terms and Conditions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: LeatherNLace

IF there is a complaint, then yes, Admin, and Admin alone can read the messages. But only with a very good reason. We would have to have a member complaint, as well as other evidence to do it.

However, if you read what I said, I also didn't say that we were reading the messages, I simply said that members of a forum gang were communicating, as to how to discuss the topic. Nothing about us reading the messages, or anything else.

Gotcha. But honestly, can you show me a single example where members openly communicated with each other as how to discuss a topic? I have literally never seen that happen. I'd imagine that such activity would take place by private message; be it on ATS or some other means.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
"ForteanOrg" you should contact site ownership immediately and reveal your intentions as your username violates our terms and conditions.

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
Help me out here, folks, I can't for the life of me understand what this means (and hence what I should (not) do:

It's rather clear, if a member registers and does nothing but be disruptive on a single topic, it's cause for staff to review the member's actions.

If a member registers on behalf of another organization, or paying client, and begins posting material to promote that client/organization, or viewpoints of that client/organization, it's cause for staff review. This might be a concern in your specific case.

LOL.

ForTeanOrg, who are you working for!? Show us your papers!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
This kind of scrutiny seems beyond the staff @ ATS....

Actually… it's not as hard as you might think. Check your private messages for a private explanation that I'd rather not be in a public thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you SO. I believe I know the thread, and person you are talking about. I did notice the post count, content, etc, but felt it was not my place to point it out.

I wish to extend my warmest thank you, in respecting our rights, to allow formulation and dissemination of our own opinions.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure what 16i is about. Does this mean we cannot link reference material as evidence or any MSM links to our sites without prior approval?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

There have been a few caught over the years, after member complaints, and investigation by the staff. They don't communicate openly, or it would defeat the purpose. But it happens occasionally, although it's pretty rare to see organized attempts on ATS.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

However, if you read what I said, I also didn't say that we were reading the messages, I simply said that members of a forum gang were communicating, as to how to discuss the topic. Nothing about us reading the messages, or anything else.

I assume they were not communicating this in a thread.

How did you know (what) they were communicating then?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Exactly.
This idea could only cover small time collaboration as I'd imagine any schill groups would most probably talk amongst themselves either on an IM service outside of ATS or perhaps at their keyboard organizations home room.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HappyMelvin

As stated, IF there is a member complaint, and investigation reveals that there may be something going on, then Admin, and Admin only will read messages to attempt to see if there is something. That is the only time that messages will ever be read by the staff.

link   
I think I know who/why you did this and to be honest you are 100% right, only way to keep the conversation fair but the one thing I would be concerned about is.... would there be a way to cheat the system? If there was a gang operating and communicate outside of ats, could they get away with falsely reporting other members as doing the same.
edit on 28-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DigitalJesusWuang

Do a search, you will be surprised.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm not sure what 16i is about.

It's about being paid to post on ATS, social media sites, news comments, blogs, etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Check your private messages. I also sent you a description of how easy it can be to uncover paid posters.

Also, in the past, we uncovered a group of people aggressively posting in favor of Freemasonry on ATS. We did so without looking at private messages.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It needs to be rather extreme

So you say in this thread.

All due respect, but those new stipulations to the t&c can be used to ban anyone for basically any reason...

If I post any "unpopular views" too many times in one forum, I could technically be banned now.

And, though you have tried to ease worries in this thread, nothing about what is written in the updated t&c suggests that this will only be enforced only if the situation is "rather extreme".

You can use this to ban anyone you like.

Any moderator could EASILY use this to quietly get rid of anyone they dislike.

It's there...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

They just trying make ATS a better place by getting rid of logins that destroy discussion. You are 100% safe don't worry.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I also sent you a description of how easy it can be to uncover paid posters.

Can I get some PM stuff, too?

By the way, Kudos to the site for policing it.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

No, no we can't. Members are not banned by one mod alone. We discuss before action is taken.
edit on 7/28/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople
LOL, It's not like this new rule is the A.T.S.N.D.A.A.!
This is their board, no reason need be given to banish any of us.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
All due respect, but those new stipulations to the t&c can be used to ban anyone for basically any reason.

We've always had a stipulation that allows just that.

24) Right of Community Management.
This is a privately owned discussion board community. TAN reserves the right to take action against any member, or member Posting, which is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, represents behavior contrary to community building, or in cases where the content is contrary to the core ideals of the Websites. This action may include removal of your Posting and/or complete banning of your username and IP address. TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites. TAN reserves the right to establish limits on topics that may be discussed if, in their opinion, the discussion of those topics attract an audience that is counterproductive to maintaining the ideals set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

That's been in the Terms and Conditions for more than seven years.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sremmos80

A forum gang is when several members get together, and decide to basically lock a topic down, and make it impossible for other members to discuss anything. Not four or five members having a similar interest in one topic, and posting, but we are talking about members sending messages to each other, and organizing how to discuss the topic so that others eventually get frustrated and leave the topic.

I'm all for this rule change. This very thing was the reason I finally left the original Ukraine thread. It was super annoying and became almost impossible to find updates of the situation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join