It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghans running a massive weapon surplus....US fears they may go astray....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.usnews.com...

The ratio of weapons to Afghans in the army and police is far greater than the US would like to see......
The chances of them going astray are likely 90% or better in that war torn environment where every Afghan male is packing.....
The US fears that insurgents will end up with a signifigant portion of these loose cannons.....
And rightly so.........
Perhaps the war on terror is just an excuse to arm the terrorists and create more turmoil for the Military Industiral Complex to combat.....thus insuring their prosperous future post Afghanistan.....?
edit on 28-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I saw an article yesterday where the pentagon was concerned that the Taliban was close to taking control of 3 cities!

My thoughts?

Those poppy fields are in danger!

No illegal drug trade, no money for the "highborn drug traffickers" running them!

edit on 28-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Of course, there will be an 'ISIS' heist or something, you know to make it look like a job. Hell, they probably know already who will get a split.

History repeating itself?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hmmm...

So, let me get this straight. The US, a nation which has supplied and trained every major terror organisation currently active on the planet, or made their existence possible by way of its foreign policy, and sells weapons to cartels across its southern border, cartels who have killed US citizens and law enforcement agents, not to mention dealing drugs all over the continent, is concerned that Afghanistan has too large of an arms surplus?

Sometimes, it appears as if the US government has no ability to remember its own actions, its own failures. With all their data collection capabilities, well publicised and extensive as they are, it is a constant source of fascination to me that this can be the case. The powers controlling the USA these days, spend vast amounts of money on things like surveys, opinion polls, fact finding, audits and all sorts of things which measure the way the government is seen by its people. If it spent nearly as much time and money on remembering the hideous balls ups it has made, perhaps the US government would realise that until the log of unholy proportions lodged in its occular cavity has been removed, it has no business concerning itself with much that happens beyond its borders.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Sometimes, it appears as if the US government has no ability to remember its own actions, its own failures.

Welcome to western double standards
We can bring you freedom from the terrorists we're paying to attack you! Terms and conditions apply.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If they are worried that the Afghans may 'go astray', why don't we just cut our losses and leave NOW?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I venture to point out that it is the US who supplied these very weapons.......how twisted does the modern world become from such policies?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the title of the thread

US fears they may go astray....

Whoa, really? Could that be a possibility? Weapons ending up in the wrong hands in the Stan? I don't believe it. When have weapons provided by good ol' Uncle Sam ended up in the wrong place? Just not possible...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Catch 22.................what can I say...........?

new topics

top topics

join