It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a joke!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm so pissed right now I could punch someone.

I have been trying to get an appointment for something called a hidascan so they can check my gallbladder. I've been having issues since May after a surgery, well every doctor says it's my gallbladder more than likely but they want this scan first. Well while I finally get my appointment only to be told there is a shortage of the stuff used in the procedure so my appointment isn't guaranteed.

Are you KIDDING ME? I'm sooooo over this and the stomach issues and pain. I'm afraid to eat anything and I now have constant pain on the right side where my gallbladder is. Food is bothering me more and more. It's been three months, this is insane. Just take it out!!! I've lost 15lbs since then because I don't eat. Yet they think it's funny they are out of this stuff for the test. I'm over it, I mean do I have to end up in the ER with even worse problems because they keep waiting? I have insurance you would think they'd jump on it. Oh but they wanted me to do a pregnancy test at my last procedure because it's required even though I have no damn Fallopian tubes! Oh let's charge your insurance for something pointless but by all means let's drag out the important issue.

Wtf.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Do you have increased misery after eating a meal with higher fat content? How about light colored stools?

I understand your frustration. Lawsuits and insurance companies have mucked things up and cost us a lot of time and money.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

They found my gallstones using a simple ultrasound procedure. Did you have that done perchance?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"light colored stools?" You don't mean the sun is shining from out of there???

My wife's gallstones were found by ultrasound as well. I don't know what sort of other procedure would be needed.a reply to: aboutface

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's all about the money, it has always been about the money.
I pay for health care, that is what I expect.
This is the way it is when there is money in politics.
Good luck to you, my wife had hers removed years ago, and she was a mess just before they took it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You're insurance is too good, once your gallbladder is removed, their income decreases in the medical industry. Now, this is not good for their industry. Have pity on them, they need constant sources of income.

I know someone who had a problem with the gallbladder and she decided to research it and found a fix for her problem on the net. She was telling me about it but couldn't remember the exact treatment. Within a week the problem went away. She had all the tests and they wanted to do the operation, but she decided to try this first. She is happy, she got it in time. It uses similar chemistry to break gallstones but uses common things found in the health food stores to dissolve the stones and promote the gall bladder to work better.

It worked good in her case, but not everyone is so lucky.

Have they tried disolving the stones yet or is that the problem?

edit on 28-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

For the pain try drinking pure apple juice, eat beets, artichokes, lemon water, fresh ground up flax seed steeped in hot water, take milk thistle, olive oil drizzled on bread. These should help reduce the pain/make it go away and help you eat to some degree.

I ended up in emergency several times throwing up violently, soaked in sweat and by the time the attacks subsided is when they ended up seeing me and of course by then I was fine and told to see my family doctor. Had all the tests, all of them, and all was fine. A year later I went for an unrelated ultrasound and they discovered "mobile" gallstones filling the sac. So obviously the first ultrasound didn't show anything but I was still having symptoms.

The doctor prescribed buscupan at the time which helps relax the microscopic muscles in the intestinal area and that helped as well.

Light poops indicate a lack of bile in the body and tells something is up with the gallbladder. My sister was rushed by plane to a neighbouring city when a bile duct became blocked and her poops were white. This isn't to scare you but in answer to one of the questions here.

When my attacks occurred I had the liver area pain, the upper right back shoulder pain and the sternum pain - I would be in absolute agony thinking which pain was the worst compared to each other and there was no answer - they were all the same intensity of pain. Except with the sternum pain it hurt to breath in that I could only breath shallow breaths.

I hope you get help soon, it is absolute torture and you feel that the doctors are laughing at you.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Do you have increased misery after eating a meal with higher fat content? How about light colored stools?

I understand your frustration. Lawsuits and insurance companies have mucked things up and cost us a lot of time and money.

Yes I do!! I noticed it right after my tubal surgery, had my fallopian tubes removed as well as a non cancerous tumor. I thought it was the percoets but the issues didn't go away with meds nor time. I started to notice it happened with EGGS! I have eaten eggs my entire life and LOVE my quiche and honestly miss is BADLY! I can't eat straight eggs. I end up in pain and the ER, which they dismissed it as gastroenteritis which I knew it wasn't. I've had that and OTC meds help it go away and food did not trigger it. I had meatloaf recently and that bothered me badly where before it didnt. I'm getting very frustrated because I'm afraid to eat! I worry that every day a new food will bother me. I dont eat a lot of fatty foods so I guess that helps but damn I miss my quiche!

Yea I have had multiple friends tell me they ended up having an emergency gallbladder removal surgery because of the same problems I'm having. They wanted to run tests or just dismiss it as something else! My one friend had liver damage because of the meds they gave her for something she didn't even have! I do not need that! I worry about my son because if I had to have emergency surgery I dont have immediate care for him. My hubby is overseas and only one flight a week flies out of where he is! My mom works and my mother in law is 5 hrs away and also works. I know she would help but I dont' want to be put in that situation if they keep saying it's my gallbladder.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

They found my gallstones using a simple ultrasound procedure. Did you have that done perchance?

I had an ultrasound and they didn't see anything but they said that isn't always guaranteed hence the hidascan test.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PleiaDsClusterDck
"light colored stools?" You don't mean the sun is shining from out of there???

My wife's gallstones were found by ultrasound as well. I don't know what sort of other procedure would be needed.a reply to: aboutface

LOL No white colored stools so I guess that is good I guess.

yea no gallstones on the ultrasound but things are getting worse.

A friend of mine who had emergency had gallstones but was told she didn't via an ultrasound. Honestly my friends stories are starting to freak me out!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
It's all about the money, it has always been about the money.

You are 100% correct!! It's always about money! Ugh it pisses me off. Funny thing is I haven't had insurance in about 8yrs and I do NOT remember it being this ridiculous and doctors were definitely more concerned then. My GP doc is awesome, she is the one pushing for all these procedures instead of shoving pills down my throat.

I pay for health care, that is what I expect.
This is the way it is when there is money in politics.
Good luck to you, my wife had hers removed years ago, and she was a mess just before they took it out.

I hope I get it out or whatever this is resolved soon because I am losing my mind! Besides my gallbladder issues I have back/neck issues that cause migraines and I FINALLY got a diagnoses this week. My neck has no curve, which is what is causing my migraines. I have two vertebrae grinding on each other in my lower back. I also had a tooth filled recently but apparently they should have done a root canal so that pain is UNREAL until next week when i get my root canal. So yea the pain of all three are making me slightly nutty esp when I am so hungry and afraid to eat! AHHH!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

You're insurance is too good, once your gallbladder is removed, their income decreases in the medical industry. Now, this is not good for their industry. Have pity on them, they need constant sources of income.

What do you mean my insurance is too good?

I know someone who had a problem with the gallbladder and she decided to research it and found a fix for her problem on the net. She was telling me about it but couldn't remember the exact treatment. Within a week the problem went away. She had all the tests and they wanted to do the operation, but she decided to try this first. She is happy, she got it in time. It uses similar chemistry to break gallstones but uses common things found in the health food stores to dissolve the stones and promote the gall bladder to work better.

I dont' have stones as far as I've been told. I eat a healthy diet, no fast food or junk like that. It all started after my surgery. I was also told it can be common for women after pregnancy to have problems with their gallbladder esp if you are smaller in stature. I have had more than one doctor tell me this and multiple sources online from people it happened to. My sister is having similar issues as well!

If i knew what your friend was doing I'd try it. At this point I'll try anything!

It worked good in her case, but not everyone is so lucky.

Have they tried disolving the stones yet or is that the problem?

I was told I have no stones.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

For the pain try drinking pure apple juice, eat beets, artichokes, lemon water, fresh ground up flax seed steeped in hot water, take milk thistle, olive oil drizzled on bread. These should help reduce the pain/make it go away and help you eat to some degree.

OH thank you! I LOVE Apple juice. I will go get some tonight! Olive oil drizzled on bread, NOT a problem! I have flax seed. So I just steep it like i would tea?

I ended up in emergency several times throwing up violently, soaked in sweat and by the time the attacks subsided is when they ended up seeing me and of course by then I was fine and told to see my family doctor. Had all the tests, all of them, and all was fine. A year later I went for an unrelated ultrasound and they discovered "mobile" gallstones filling the sac. So obviously the first ultrasound didn't show anything but I was still having symptoms.

The doctor prescribed buscupan at the time which helps relax the microscopic muscles in the intestinal area and that helped as well.

The other night after I had my meatloaf I thought I was going to die. I passed out at 9:30pm from pain. I was so nauseous. I almost called my mom to take my son so I could go to the ER but I didn't want to wake her since she had to work in the morning. I woke up and felt much better but wow I felt horrible and that meatloaf was damn good too!

Yea my doctor said the ultra sound won't always show them which is why they want the other scan done. I have that done Monday at 8am!

Light poops indicate a lack of bile in the body and tells something is up with the gallbladder. My sister was rushed by plane to a neighbouring city when a bile duct became blocked and her poops were white. This isn't to scare you but in answer to one of the questions here.

WOW that would really freak me out.

When my attacks occurred I had the liver area pain, the upper right back shoulder pain and the sternum pain - I would be in absolute agony thinking which pain was the worst compared to each other and there was no answer - they were all the same intensity of pain. Except with the sternum pain it hurt to breath in that I could only breath shallow breaths.

I hope you get help soon, it is absolute torture and you feel that the doctors are laughing at you.

Yea sometimes i think I"m having a heart attack or I'm going to die. I usually go sit in the tub with hot water. Hot water is my main relief when I dont' feel good. It is soothing. When I was pregnant i had horrible back issues and I lived in the tub, with warm water of course, couldn't do searing hot water like i normally do. Water definitely makes me feel better but if it gets too bad I go to the doctor but they dont do anything other than to tell me to take things like Gas X which does NOT work!

Thank you! I get my hidascan Monday so hopefully I get answers next week.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just an update.

So I made my appointment well they called yesterday to RESCHEDULE it, the kicker is they wanted to reschedule to the time i had been asking for for TWO months yet they told me they couldn't do! Funny how when it's convenient for them they can. I was so mad! I of course couldn't do it at this time now because now they wanted me to go 6hrs with no food or water and being hypoglycemic I can't do that. I can do 4 hrs or first thing in the morning when I wake up. When I wake up I need to eat or drink by 10 and I'm fine, any later i start shaking.

They had to reschedule because the lady scheduled me on the wrong machine. I told the manager that if she hadn't been laughing and thinking it was funny there was a shortage that maybe she would have got the right machine! I unfortunately have to go to this imaging center due to my insurance. I have yet to have a good experience there. Everyone seems miserable like they hate their jobs. If I try to make small talk they are just blah and incapable of it!
I brought my son for my sonogram and the women looked at and then my son and said "We don't have a babysitting service, what are you going to do with him"? I looked at her and said, "he goes with me and even if you had a service I wouldn't leave him with people I do not know." She was soooo rude! The sonogram room is HUGE and he was not in the way. I would not bring him to an X ray or something like that because of the type of scan. I couldn't believe she said that to me. He was fine! He sat there watched and ate his graham crackers.

SO my appointment is Monday at 8am. I hope to god I get answers later that day!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Hers was stones. I looked on the net and found what most of these treatments have in common, lemon or lime juice. It does something to stones it appears. They also seemed to use olive oil to promote lubrication. I think this would also work for kidney stones. Bitters of a special type.

But your condition isn't stones, so that will not help. You probably need it removed. A pregnancy test is needed for a lot of surgery I guess, just to eliminate a possibility. But, if you don't have tubes, it seems unnecessary.

I had real good insurance and they sent me for a lot of tests that were not even relevent to the symptoms I came in there with. I just had a doctor that was worried about the livelyhood of fellow professionals. I understand, but this causes increased insurance costs and raising deductibles for people.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But your condition isn't stones, so that will not help. You probably need it removed. A pregnancy test is needed for a lot of surgery I guess, just to eliminate a possibility. But, if you don't have tubes, it seems unnecessary.

Yea it's QUITE unnecessary. I went to the ER for my symptoms and they charged my insurance $300 for a pregnancy test, they told me I needed a urine sample and they knew i had my tubes removed. It's such BS. I had my tubes removed and ends singed there is no way I'm becoming pregnant. lol

I had real good insurance and they sent me for a lot of tests that were not even relevent to the symptoms I came in there with. I just had a doctor that was worried about the livelyhood of fellow professionals. I understand, but this causes increased insurance costs and raising deductibles for people.

Yea I have really good insurance, or so I've been told. I have done so many darn tests it is crazy.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday and I have a week of tests the week of August 11th, but those I don't mind because well it's MY HEART! My gallbladder if every single doctor comes up with that as the cause then WHY all the pointless tests and waiting? I'm seriously about to lose it because of the constant discomfort. I want to be able to take my son to the pool or out without feeling sick and miserable. When he goes to bed during nap or night I immediately lay on the couch with the iPad. Sometimes I dont even eat because I'm too miserable to even think of what I could possibly eat that won't make me feel worse.

I hope I get answers monday!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is amazing what pregnancy does to a woman's body sometimes. I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time.

Just from personal experience, the fact that you are having such a hard time after eating high protein foods catches my attention. All other issues aside, I was swelling up like a balloon last winter when I ate high protein foods. My husband and I sat here and watched my belly go from normal to six months pregnant in about 20 minutes after I ate a hard boiled egg. I spoke with my naturopath and he suggested that because of the other issues that I couldn't readily digest the protein. I now take a super simple and even tasty enzyme called papain, from papaya, when I start having problems. Sometimes even some pineapple juice can accomplish the same thing. Maybe something like this can at least help you eat? Trying to heal, and inadvertently causing deficiencies will only set you back more.

I hope that people manage to straighten things out and that you figure out what is going on soon!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom

It is amazing what pregnancy does to a woman's body sometimes. I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time.

Pregnancy wreaked havoc on my body and people wonder why I had my tubes removed! I wasn't suppose to be able to have kids so yea I definitely don't want to go through that ever again. I did not enjoy pregnancy like so many do. I was too miserable and sick to even think of enjoying it. Both my docs have said the stuff I am going through is more common than people think with pregnancy and what it can do to some peoples body. I have back issues that are getting corrected finally that are a result of my pregnancy. We thought it may have been my accident by I had no immediate symptoms after and everything started after I had my son. I remember complaining to the docs about the lower back issue and they just dismissed it, well it turns out it wasn't something minor BUT with my chiro[ractor I'm getting treatment. I actually feel somewhat better compared to no treatment before. It was nice to wake up with no pain in my lower back and leg for the first time in over a year!

Just from personal experience, the fact that you are having such a hard time after eating high protein foods catches my attention. All other issues aside, I was swelling up like a balloon last winter when I ate high protein foods. My husband and I sat here and watched my belly go from normal to six months pregnant in about 20 minutes after I ate a hard boiled egg. I spoke with my naturopath and he suggested that because of the other issues that I couldn't readily digest the protein. I now take a super simple and even tasty enzyme called papain, from papaya, when I start having problems. Sometimes even some pineapple juice can accomplish the same thing. Maybe something like this can at least help you eat? Trying to heal, and inadvertently causing deficiencies will only set you back more.

Ohh I will have to look for that. I do have papaya pills from when I was pregnant. I was told they would help with morning sickness, they didn't lol. Yea my stomach will get bloated like I"m pregnant again and it sucks because I have been trying to lose my baby weight. I'm about 15lbs away from where I want to be but I dont want to lose it due to not being able to eat. It isn't a healthy way to lose it.

I hope that people manage to straighten things out and that you figure out what is going on soon!

Thank you!! Me too!

I never had to go to the doctor so much in my life until now lol. I'm only 35 and feel 75!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Oooh. don't lose it, they will be giving you a pill for that and set you up with a neuro-psychologist. It'll be another six months before you get your operation.

I wonder if what they were waiting for was radioactive Iodine or whatever that is. That crap messed up my daughters thyroid and she was only about twenty eight at the time. She is limping by. She had another kid and her body repaired her thyroid somewhat now so her levels are doing ok now. Funny how having a baby can fix things. Hopefully the cysts on her thyroid are gone for good.

edit on 31-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join