It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Aren't people who wantonly hurt animals predisposed to be socio/psychopathic. /You effin Pigs.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sweet faced puppy didn't deserve this. Poor little girl. She's never going to get over this.

Sigh...what the hell is wrong with these people?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sweet faced puppy didn't deserve this. Poor little girl. She's never going to get over this.

Whats wrong IS the people!
With this amount of cruelty/murder the public should be in a rage and protesting outside the white house demanding the man inside do his job properly!
He is the leader of the US is he not?
Then why is he allowing his own citizens to become victims of the police?
Because nobody does a bloody thing about it!

Get out and PROTEST! Make it public news! Its the only thing they will listen to.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Dogs smell fear.

Cops are fearful, and should be. What would have been "normal" behavior only three decades ago has been criminalized in order to generate revenue for the imminent police state. Pigs generally provoke a reaction from average people all of the time to get what they want. They want to establish their dominance over the average folk.

I just don't think they were prepared for how many would know a push when they feel it. It is human nature to resist. The jack-assery that we are seeing on display by the "little boys in blue" is the direct result of the militarization of our police. They think that it is a war. It's not yet, but they will make what they want.

Knowing this, what is the easiest way to strike fear into the hearts and minds of a naive populace? Shock and awe..... Swat teams to serve warrants, murdering family pets, and even family members are becoming more and more common. It is all provocation. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that "peaceful protests are the only way to effect change" nonsense. It's not true. They laugh at our promotion of non-violent reaction. They laugh because they are conditioned to meet any opposition with violent response.

I'll say what I've been saying for years now... as long as the writing has been on the wall for this country.

If you believe that you will stand in defiance and utter some eloquent rant against a violent and oppressive force, you are sorely mistaken. These are not good people. They are the right arm of totalitarianism, the new evil. If you haven't mentally prepared yourself to make the decision to stop them by any and all means, then you have already lost.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: virraszto
Several months ago, I saw on tv that cops shot and killed a dog. They were chasing a criminal who "might" have been hiding in this backyard. There was a party going on at the house, and the cops went in through the front door and out the back and shot the family dog that was in their fenced in yard. They said it got in their way.

I started a thread a while back about "insuring dogs" as a financial and legal deterrent to keep LEO's from shooting them in a careless manner. This idea was QUICKLY poo-pooed by a highly vocal minority in that thread. However, I still stand by my premise, if dogs become an insured asset like show horses or BMW's, LEO's won't be so quick to shoot because the insurance company lawyers will have to be involved when a claim is filed. Here is a link to that original thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although the original discussion was successfully derailed, there were a few unresolved points that I think make the idea of taking out "Animal Mortality Insurance" policies on pet dogs a valid tactic:

-If a dog has a set insured value, of say $10,000, and is then shot by police on private property, the owner would then file a claim against their Animal Mortality Insurance policy, which they had previously taken out on the animal. So, as with all insurance companies, they will then subrogate the damages from the responsible party. By getting an insurance company to cite a dollar value on the dog, the outcome seems to be something that would cause more trouble for the department, in addition to the issue of “unreasonable seizure”

- LEO's can be held personally liable in any "Title 1983 Civil Rights lawsuit", which includes "unreasonable seizure" (i.e. shooting someones secured pet dog, without a warrant or cause to enter a private property). So if LEO's can be held personally accountable for a Title 1983 Civil Rights lawsuit, and a dog getting shot by an LEO can be deemed an "unreasonable seizure". When a dog with an "insured dollar value" is shot, it could trigger an insurance claim to be made against the individual officers personal insurance policies (not necessarily the department). An LEO being found personally liable for an "unlawful seizure", dog shooting, could possibly render the shooting officer uninsurable OR at minimum end up with an increased personal insurance premium, due to claims being filed by any side.

- LEO's don't usually say that there were any "code violations" when the dogs were shot, just that they felt "threatened". The LEO's can certainly get tangled up in the "unlawful seizure" issue, which could put the possible "code violations", that got the dog shot in the first place, into question.

-Could people perhaps get insurance companies to lobby on their behalf, indirectly, by "insuring their dogs" like ranchers do with livestock? To clarify further, the purpose in taking out an "Animal & Livestock Mortality" policy on a dog, is not to get a large payout from the insurance company after the dogs death, by cop. The purpose would be to make the insurance company get involved on the legal side, once a dog is killed in a negligent manner by an LEO. The legal effect against Law Enforcement would be even greater, if an increasing number dogs shot by police also happened to be covered by Animal & Livestock Mortality Policies.

- Dog owners typically gets little more than $300 because "pets" are considered low value property by the LEO's insurance company and the courts. However Animal & Livestock Morality Insurance "elevates" the dog to "more than "pet" status. Remember the purpose is not to be "compensated in full" the purpose is to establish the dog as a valuable commodity that must be treated accordingly. You don't see cops bashing in the windows of a Bentley all that often, but they'll smash up, old beater, Honda Civic's all day. Even the tow guys are more careful with Bentley's, just in case they get a chance to auction it later. I'm sure the insurance policies that the department and the individual officer carry, frown upon the physical bashing of exotically expensive cars. Dogs can have this same status if they are insured. If LEO's find out that even as few as 1 in 20 dogs could have an insured valued of $10,000, you can bet your house that fatal shooting will reduce.

- "Animal Mortality Insurance" policies covers much more than burial, cremation, etc because of the high financial cost to train the insured dog to do the work. In the USA, pet/dog "health/vet insurance" is different and separate from, "dog biting human/dog insurance" and/or "pet death by accident" insurance. In the USA the pet/dog "health/vet insurance" industry is not related at all to the "dog biting human/dog insurance" nor to the "pet death by accident" insurance industry.

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Knowing this, what is the easiest way to strike fear into the hearts and minds of a naive populace? Shock and awe..... Swat teams to serve warrants, murdering family pets, and even family members are becoming more and more common. It is all provocation. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that "peaceful protests are the only way to effect change" nonsense. It's not true. They laugh at our promotion of non-violent reaction. They laugh because they are conditioned to meet any opposition with violent response.

The same strategy applies to people. Do you think many of the folks whom were shot, had multimillion dollar Variable Executive insurance policies taken out on them? You know the kind that got paid out when Steve Jobs died or when a pro-athlete overdoses? If Steve Jobs were shot by a cop, both the department and the individual cop would be rendered uninsurable, for LIFE, instantaneously. So when was the last time a police department shot and killed someone covered by a $1+ million Key Person/Executive Insurance policy? None that I know of, but there would certainly be financial consequences for doing such, should it ever occur in the near future.

For example in 2012 a loose dog, running at large, in Des Moines, was shot and killed by police, they settled out of court for $51,000 in damages, that was not insured by an "Animal Mortality Insurance" policy. All it takes is one poorly executed "LEO welfare check", resulting in an "unlawful seizure", the death of a dog with an insured value of $10,000 and having been the cornerstone of a dog breeding program, that provided the sole income for the owner. If something like this EVER went to trial and the cop lost due to being found guilty of "unlawful seizure", money would be coming out of his own pocket and you can bet the farm, that the "typical" lethal engagement rules would change for dogs. Same thing applies to an insured human, insured cow or insured horse, take your pick. Encountering an "insured dog" would likely take any department completely by surprise, post-shooting, when the insurance claim comes in. They will not be expecting it at all.

edit on 28-7-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes, this is sad but pet owners need to know the laws. The dog was in the front lawn adjacent to public sidewalks etc and unleashed. This dog is not in control by the master and it growled at the cop that was called there on official business. However, being snarled at is not the same as attacking. I think the cop could of handled it better and told them to take the pet inside etc. Not only that cops have tasers/pepper spray and made no attempt to use a non lethal way of protecting him/herself. I think drawing a pistol is gross negligence. Well think of it this way... A postman approaches homes all the time, and armed with just pepper spray. So why is a cop more justified to use a gun and not pepper spray?

On the flip side I see people passing by my home on the sidewalk with large dogs out of leash! Many run through my lawn sniffing like they want to do their duty in my lawn. Some do, some don't and the owner calls them back. This is so disrespectful! Not only that the city ordinance here states that it's a $500 dollar fine for dogs out of leash in public. It also states that any dog that bites a human can be killed on the spot in self defense. I had to once call the authorities to get two rots under control that got out of their fenced backyard. They literally tore the fencing apart and got out. They was male and female 2 big 180lb dogs and blocked the UPS guy from delivering my package. The owner wasn't happy their dogs got penned and was charge like $1,000 dollars. There was children around and the two dogs was chasing cars and barking and snarling at me and other people. I called the animal control which noosed or darted them to sleep. I love pets if I had called the police those two dogs would probably be dead instead. Had the dog attacked a child, I probably would had put it down myself. There are times that is all you can do. I feel people should use their noggin a bit more and leash your dog!
edit on 28-7-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That is one bad Cop, what ever happened to your internal affairs department's, were they not supposed to keep the scum out of uniform.
When the police are the criminal's you have to look at the nature and background of those making the policy's and how many prisoners in US custody are innocent, were framed or simply are better people than this guy and those brothers in uniform who deliberatly overlook his criminal scum bag power abusing, uniform tarnishing nature.
It is a sad thing when the Mafia were often better protection than the police.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

Sorry bud, but I stopped reading at the first sentence. A dog unleashed does not an excuse for a shooting make.

With that logic it is perfectly fine if I shoot my neighbor because he is disturbing the peace by playing music loud late at night.

Mistakes happen, and occasionally dogs do get loose. Have you never owned one? I had a cocker spaniel, who was my best friend during a particularly dark time in my life. If some pig had pulled up and shot him because he got loose I know for a fact I would have shot the pig for the same logic.

Your making an excuse for the pig to shoot the dog because he was not leashed is not logical by any measure of the word.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I got a note that my post was off topic. It was very much on topic. I understand that, perhaps, I went a bit overboard in my ire but it was on-topic, very very much so.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I wasn't defending the cop. Maybe you should of read further. As I said, Being barked/snarled at is not the same as being attacked. There is a difference. I also said, pulling a gun out and shooting is gross negligence at handling the situation. They have all kinds of other non-lethal means to protect themselves IF the dog is actually attacking. A dog unleashed in the unfenced front lawn is a mistake of the owner. The front of your home is still considered public. If a visitor, postman etc comes up to your door and the dog attacks & bites the person, guess what? You're liable period. Now if the dog is contained behind a high fence with warning signs that's different.
edit on 28-7-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think we are seeing a serious disrespect for life growing in them.

Growing? It's reached full maturity and getting bigger every day.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ive seen the cops shoot a dog on a chain. It was literally at the end of its chain and they shot it, it did not die but it lost a leg. It was a total dick move. They then put an article in the paper saying the officer was attacked, and they showed a picture of what could have been a self inflicted pinch, LOL. I saw the whole thing, dog never touched the cop.

I don't see why cops can open fire on your pets at any given moment, but if you so much as threaten one of theirs you'll go to jail for assaulting an officer. I was in jail once with a guy who was facing 25 years for brandishing a knife at a police dog. Total bull#.

Police are some of the worst individuals on the planet. They are absolute scum. Some of you always say "well there are good cops", I say to that, no the F there aren't. No good police would stand by while this # goes on constantly. I wouldn't let my friend shoot someones dog, why would a cop let another cop do it? Because they are the worst part of humanity, simple enough.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Whats wrong IS the people!
With this amount of cruelty/murder the public should be in a rage and protesting outside the white house demanding the man inside do his job properly!
He is the leader of the US is he not?
Then why is he allowing his own citizens to become victims of the police?
Because nobody does a bloody thing about it!

Get out and PROTEST! Make it public news! Its the only thing they will listen to.

maybe that is what they want so they have an excuse to bring out more military style weapons for the protestors....i think they are trying to incite rage....

and as far as the media goes no doubt the story would be bias towards the dogs,instead of showing a puppy Labrador or any other type of friendly dog they would likely show pictures of pit bulls and wolves

it churns my stomach reading of these family pets being shot in cold blood

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

One thing I know for sure is that if some roided-out cop shot my dog without giving me a chance to get it inside, that cop would be picking some of his teeth up off the ground. That would certainly be an instance where the jail time would be worth it.

There are good cops, I know quite a few, and it's scumbags like this who give them all a bad reputation.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Jesus christ man, how is it acceptable to have cops on the force who so clearly do not see value in protecting life? Taking a life should be the last resort, not something you do because you're unsure of a situation! This just isn't acceptable. There should be #ing consequences for this level of reckless behaviour for everyone, and especially cops!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just to add.. the cop responsible for this has been fired. Doesn't make everything "all better"... but at least they didn't wait around for an "investigation".

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Try shooting your own dog in your front yard....

You'll be brought up on all sorts of animal cruelty charges, but cops do this all day with out so much as a blinking eye.

Pretty much. Just goes to show the militarized police state, and resorting to the gun instead of tasers and so on.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This article seriously has me raging. What a blatant disregard for life. The cop really couldn't have just called the owner over to restrain the dog? He really just figured his best bet was to kill it, just to be safe? Man, I hope somebody else one day makes a similar judgement on his life without giving him a chance. I need to go calm down and listen to some NWA. I can't stop thinking about how angry I'd be if a police officer did this to my pet. I'd probably end up shooting him and claiming self defense.

Just to add.. the cop responsible for this has been fired. Doesn't make everything "all better"... but at least they didn't wait around for an "investigation".

If a regular person did this, they'd be facing jail time. Getting fired is getting off way too easy. These guys are trained in non lethal force for a reason.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A nation founded on total freedom will collapse on itself when there is no more freedom to be find.
-Pandaram-

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join