It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well-connected people buying land/building bug out locations in rural areas...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm in a line of work where I meet a variety of "in the know" type folks. I'm also the kind of guy who doesn't believe what he hears without some facts to back it up. I've always preferred to do my own research and come to my own conclusions instead of letting others think for me. That being said...

An individual that I know personally who is a very level-headed, friendly, social, intelligent, not-even-a-hint-of-crazy, and deep-pocketed older gentleman that is a fact-checker like myself is preparing to purchase a plot of land and build a house in a rural part of Montana because within the next 4 years, there will be a total collapse of the United States as we know it.

Now, I hear this all the time from the conspiracy crowd and I brush it off as the typical "end of the world" banter but this man has me worried. See, he's in a line of work that puts him in contact with several people in upper-level positions with various 3 letter agencies and while he's unable to share any details about his work or who exactly he is acquainted with, he says that most of the well-connected folks are buying/building homes/compounds for something that is coming soon. I've heard it mentioned several times that "the elites" are doing this but I've never heard any first-hand accounts.

I obviously won't share this man's name or exactly how I know him because, frankly, he would not like that at all. My question is, how many of you have heard similar stories, especially from people who you'd believe 100%?? What is the end game?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm already prepared for a disaster. As long as it does not last longer than three months. I suppose there are fish here but we lost a lot of deer last winter to the severe cold. The DNR did cancel most doe permits, that will help, but it will be a couple of years before the population rebounds.

Why would anyone want to go to Montana, that is where a big volcano lives.

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I can't afford to survive an apocalypse, so my plan is to just live until the SHTF and then quietly die in a corner some place.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm already prepared for a disaster. As long as it does not last longer than three months. I suppose there are fish here but we lost a lot of deer last winter to the severe cold. The DNR did cancel most doe permits, that will help, but it will be a couple of years before the population rebounds.

I wondered that aloud myself but they aren't concerned with Yellowstone.

Montana offers a lot of open space, not a lot of people, and great natural resources to live off the land.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I can't afford to survive an apocalypse, so my plan is to just live until the SHTF and then quietly die in a corner some place.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same plan I have too. Although I don't know for sure if I'll go quietly or not. Just have to wait and see on that part.

I figure I can at the very least afford one last bottle of booze, some decent smoke and just find a nice place to sit and watch the world end. That shouldn't take too long to arrange either as long as it doesn't all come to a sudden end that is.

Besides, I'm not sure I'd want to survive anyway. I'm already feeling kinda cheated now with the way the world and it's people are going. If it should get much worse, who the hell wants to hang around for that??? The Ego Maniacs with their Death Grip on the material world can have it at that point.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Because it is not nature they are running from.

It is us, the population.

I can tell you one thing, when the link/EBT network went down for one day this year, tensions rose amongst the poor.

That was less than one day of assistance.

People are not prepared for a serious "mishap" of the system.

I am concerned. But I,do not have the funds togo all out and buy land and such.

I just hope that I have enough for my family to survive an initial "public freakout".

As far as the op is concerned, I do not really know to many/if any people in the loop. But all one has to do is look around and see that just one big spark is all that is needed to ignite the powder keg of chaos.

People have been saying it for years, but eventually something is bound to happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I believe we all have the power to shape things somewhat with our affirmations, so I am not going to say that the US will collapse in 4 years. But I will say that country living, especially off the grid, makes a lot of sense. Look at the situation in Detriot... Some write the people being effected off as deadbeats, but actually look at the details. What you'll see is people who have become distanced from self sustenance by culture, and are now facing things like water shutoffs. In a lot of ways it could be any major city, and the $180 a month water bill that woman is paying off (link above) could be standard monthly fare if some possible bad future things happen. To live in an urban environment is to depend on a system, and when that system gets corrupted, or becomes predatorial, you go down with it! Better to at least have a foothold in some place you can get away.
edit on 27-7-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I've heard financial collapse to a cataclysm.
I doubt it's financial collapse they are worried about as some of the measures go too far such as massive underground bunkers that they could live in for years.
I personally think it's a Celestial event that is coming,that will cause major environmental changes.

I read a book called "The Key" by Whitley Strieber about a man he met that gave him loads of information he'd never heard before,he also told him an event was coming that would challenge mans existence and could be deciphered to the exact date by unlocking the riddle of "Hamlets Mill" An Essay Investigating the Origins of Human Knowledge And Its Transmission Through Myth by Giorgio and Hertha Von Dechend De Santillana.So basically it is something that's cyclical.
It can be found on Amazon.
Nibiru?
Planet X?
Imminent Ice Age?
Watch the video with Bob Fletcher and Alex Jones below for a good conversation on it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Stocking food to last a month isn't that expensive if you buy it on sale and use your pantry for rotation purposes. Every time we go to the store we do impulse buying, so rotating a pantry can actually save money in the longrun as you do not have to go to the store as often. The money saved can build the pantry a little bigger over time. Buy stuff you normally eat, but foods that are canned versions or dried versions. Make sure it tastes good before buying too much.

Six cans of fruit, ten cans of veggies, three bags of rice or noodles, ten small cans tuna or and a couple cans of spam. and a box of bisquick and some water. one soy sauce and some seasoning. That's less than fifty bucks and it will keep you for a couple of weeks minimum in an emergency.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I live close to the JMT. Probably just pack up and become a mountain man. But if there is some sort of nuclear holocaust, I'd rather be sitting right under the bomb, blasted into the afterlife.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Lots of people with 'deep pockets' are taking a little risk (for them) on the Montana venture.

I live smack dad in the middle of the second largest metropolitan area on Earth. I'd never be able to make it to Montana if SHTF. He probably won't either.

You ever been to Montana in the winter?
edit on 2872014 by Snarl because: Bad vibe removed

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The guy's an idiot. Lots of people with 'deep pockets' are taking a little risk (for them) on the Montana venture.

I live smack dad in the middle of the second largest metropolitan area on Earth. I'd never be able to make it to Montana if SHTF. He probably won't either.

I can assure you he's not an idiot and he's probably forgotten more about surviving than most of us will ever learn.

Choose your words a little more carefully.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I agree and I do what I can.

The woman told me not to buy anymore refried beans..lol. I have a little back on the shelf. Rice, beans(several different kinds of beans, dry and canned) and many other canned goods. I try to pick up a can here and there. Extra bag of sugar and oatmeal. When the oatmeal gets close to expiring we make a massive amount of no bake oatmeal cookies.

I think with heavy rationing we can last a few months.I also have been using our old two liter bottles to store water in, but my shelf space dictates the amount that I can store. If all else fails I got a ten gallon fish tank.

I take it pretty serious. Security is a major concern and I will not disclose any details of that on a public forum, it could be worse, it could be better.

The guys at work call me the "prepper", I am far from hardcore, but I will fare better than some/most.

Thank you for the pointers.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

What about us that live out in the desert in the middle of no where. I live about 10 miles form the nearest town, their is not much wildlife here to hunt, or water if they do shut it off. I would be pretty much screwed if I do not prepare which I am not.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

The guy's an idiot. Lots of people with 'deep pockets' are taking a little risk (for them) on the Montana venture.

I can assure you he's not an idiot and he's probably forgotten more about surviving than most of us will ever learn.

You're right. I apologize.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Actually, The big Volcano is in Wyoming. Yellowstone.
But, that is close enough for Grenades and A bombs.
So to speak.

As far as locality, there is no true immunity.
There is only the prolonging of the inevitable.

There are a lot of targets in Montana, as well,
to be considered...

Good Old Fashion Prayer costs nothing. S A V V Y ?

edit on 28-7-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add content

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If the S does ever HTF, these wealthier preppers are going to be Target Numero Uno for well-armed groups of thieves. If you want to paint a big bulls-eye on yourself, aim for isolation in nice digs with lots of supplies others want/need. You will be sniffed out eventually, especially if you're stupid enough to inadvertently advertise with lights other than candles at night, and the scent of cooked food wafts widely & multiple times daily.

Common sense dictates the desperate & determined will seek out the affluents' stockpiles. And the affluent won't last long up against the desperate & determined.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

You're right. I apologize.

This is why i think ATS is the best forum around,the level of maturity shown by most members here gives me hope that maybe we will salvage something out of this sinking ship we call society.Class acts, both of you.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

US and EU governments are currently prepping for massive civil breakdown and unrest. I think you're freind is correct about a serious collapse or upheaval.

That said unless he builds a heavily fortified compound or bunker system I don't think it's going to help him much. Not even in Montana. When the SHTF millions of desperate people within the urban areas will scatter and many of those families with cars may be able to travel between 200 - 500 miles with just the gas they have. There will be millions of them all looking for a safe spot.

Still I wish him the best in his planning. I'll hunker down until the food stocks and ammo are depleted.

Then head to Montana for supplies.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've heard a few random stories. Nothing specific.

I've removed myself from the people in the loop. They were too loopy!

Im in Canada so not heard about Montana. I hear about wilderness areas in BC, like Nakusp is a good spot to go when TSHTF.

Best thing to do is not advertise your plans, what you have, where you plan to go. If something was to really happen, the big mouths are the first targets to rob

Anyways the rich people aren't always that bright. They feel invincible because they are used to buying whatever and whoever they want. They will be the first to crumble, as they should.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join