It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we not strive to be God-like?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

And I saw Satan cast out of heaven like Lightning?.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Just as the Sun casts it's ray's from heaven down to earth or as a thunderstorm casts it lightning bolts to earth from heaven.

Are you saying because the word 'lightning' is involved that this shows they are referring to a light bearer ???
bit of a stretch wouldn't you say ?
Go ask a Jew what Lucifer refers to, From there point of view it is a description of a Babylonian king! and lets face it this is there religion we are talking about. I find it impossible to understand why people cannot accept this.
Not only this but the word itself comes from Latin not Hebrew or Yiddish

It is also used in reference to Venus and roughly translates as 'Light Bearer' 'Morning star' etc...

In technical terms this is correct for Venus as this planet proceeds the sun in the morning and follows in the evening. Venus is both the Bright morning star and the evening star.

(Please correct me if i have taken this the wrong way)
edit on 29-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: added info

edit on 29-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

"to strive to be as much LIKE GOD as possible is different from even thinking of trying to become GOD LIKE..."

Being God like does not mean being perfect. There is no better choice than to strive for perfection.
Is there a better direction?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

"Be more god?..."

Since you are out of your mind over the moon, we might assume that you are stranded on the dark side.
But that would not be fair, because a question is not a statement.

"Be more god?..."

We are more god, when our virtue triumphs over our vice.
And we have so much of both.
Today, we are evil, miserable creatures, but the promise of glory, and honor, and valor, and virtue
drives us to reach for godliness. God awaits our enlightenment. I know that it shall come to be.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Dear Glend, I have always felt that God is inscrutable, beyond our primitive comprehension. I, the hesitant atheist that I call myself, can imagine no god that is beyond reproach. We may not comprehend it, but your god could not possibly be less than perfect. On that, I am sure we all agree. I can imagine no god that would not want his true, zealous believers
to eagerly, and aggresively, and rationally, and reasonably argue his case. Is reasonal, rational inquiry welcomed by religious zealots?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"I'm not sure that we can strive to be godlike, but we do strive to make the gods more human."

Bon Jour, Msr. LesMisanthope, Are you saying that divinity is a creation of humanity?

Who am I to question such an apparent fact?

You, Msr. Misanthrope, seem to be not so distainful of humanity!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Dear Primo Joker, The great irony is that the Joker speaks the truth without reproach. I know of no joker that has spoken the truth and suffered thusly. You are a wise Joker.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

No, rational inquiry is not welcomed by religious zealots and that's because they fear it will reveal the cracks in the mortar of their faith. One example, if Yeshua believed the Torah was inspired by God, why is it then that Jews deny prayer in Christian churches. Rather than answer the question, zealots have tried to eliminate the question altogether.

God created Man in his image but we try create God in our image.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

"God created Man in his image but we try create God in our image."

To suggest that the image of God is the image of man is to suggest a god that is well deserving of ridicule.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If we are our ego yes, but that verse tells of our true self, our soul (in Christian trinity its the Son or in Hindu terms the Atma). Our soul has no hatred.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"Our soul has no hatred."

If the soul is eternal, then that is because no hatred can destroy it.
Only love can heal our ravaged, mortal selves.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Wish I only had half your skills with words, nicely said.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"Wish I only had half your skills with words, nicely said."

Aw shucks! Now you went and gave me a big head!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I see your happy face
and I raise you one happy face.
I've got a pair of happy faces.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Many Christian fundamentalists are horrified at the notion that we humans should strive to be God-like. Such arrogance and hubris!
But I would ask you, Why would we not seek to embrace the moral perfection that is God?
Is God's ideal of humanity less than perfect?
I can worship no god that seeks a less than perfect subject.
Should we not strive to be God-like?

Namaste, friend. Yes, at the beginning, we should all strive to become "God-like." But that is only the beginning. It's okay to take it one step at a time, similar to baby steps. The definition of "God-like" is to become similar to God, reaching for Godly Perfection (not human perfection, it's a big difference). So what is Godly Perfection? It is learning how to raise your consciousness, your mind into thinking, acting, performing in certain situations, and try not create more Karma (Eastern) or Sin (Western) than you already have, both in this life and prior lifetimes. It is about learning how to love unconditionally. It is about walking on Earth as a Child of God or a Child of Light.

But let us go deeper. After becoming God-like, you become God on Earth. You bring the Kingdom of Heaven onto Earth. You just Be God. Because God-like is still separation. This concept is more difficult for people to grasp. However, it must be known that ALL Creation is ONE with God. This includes you and I. No matter what you believe or feel about God being an entity somewhere up in the clouds, it simply is not true. God is You. God is your Heart beating to the rhythm of God's own breath. So you must go inside and Be God. You will eventually know and remember that you are magnificent beyond anybody's imagination. But then, imagination was God's first thought before becoming this reality. Therefore, learn to be God so that you may create along side with the One Spirit that is God.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ctophil

"Therefore, learn to be God so that you may create along side with the One Spirit that is God."

To embrace God is to approach his perfection.

To honor and exalt Humanity and the cycle of life is to approach perfection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join