It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Plague in China, town is sealed off.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth
I think the term that should be used in these cases, with viruses, is virulent.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm don't like to pretend to be smarter than I am but thanks for the heads up.

That probably sounds sarcastic but it's not meant to be.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
I didn't say they get stronger.

No, the other poster did and there is no evidence that viruses either get stronger or generate new viruses in warm weather.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

Not offended in any way, I only wanted to help as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: maxzen2004
Plague, whether preumonic or Bubonic, is not as rare as it seems. It happens worldwide and sprouts up occasionally here and there.
If one REALLY wanted to become paranoid one could use this site.

outbreak.worldwide

Thanks for the link Johnjonj, great site.

That's put my mind at ease.

Now if you will excuse me..

I'm just going to pop down to the shops.

edit on 7/27/14 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
As the Earth warms there will be a lot more viruses, and they will get deadlier & deadlier. I fear that this is just the start.

From my little knowledge of viruses and bacteria they thrive on moderate body temperature, not higher temps. That's why the body goes into fever to attempt to rid of the intruder with high temperatures.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow guys. You all know where the viruses come from. They came from laboratories as bio weapons. Why else do you think viruses get stronger and stronger?

Someone is obviously working on them and selling them to evil people to make cash.

If I see someone working on viruses in their basement in my neighborhood. I'd call the military and tell them to bring their god dam flamethrowers. if I had to do it myself, use Molotovs. Alcohol + Fire good mix to destroy germs and viruses.
edit on 27-7-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

we tend to catch stuff in the winter because we are inside a lot more and are in close in proximity to each other....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
if I see someone working on viruses in their basement in my neighborhood. I'd call the military and tell them to bring their god dam flamethrowers. if I had to do it myself, use Molotovs. Alcohol + Fire good mix to destroy germs and viruses.

This .......is...........?
Oh I don't know what to say about this.

In fact I am going to say nothing in case he calls in an airstrike or something.
Just hoping we don't share a neighborhood!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You don't have to believe me, ask a scientist.

No, cold weather forces people to huddle together which means they are more prone to spreading infections of all types (Bubonic Plague is a bacterial illness, not a virus). Cold weather also weakens our immune systems because we are not outside and food is not as fresh.

The Bubonic Plague actually used the onset of the Little Ice Age. After Europe had experienced several seasons of colder than usual weather, too much rain, and ruined crops, the populace was in poor health and packed together creating excellent conditions for the spread of the illness.

Also, I did ask a scientist. My husband has degrees in biology and microbiology and has spent over a decade working in biosciences with infectious microorganisms, both viral and bacterial.

Yes, you can get outbreaks of illness in both the hot and cold seasons, but neither makes illness especially bad, rather it's the general health and living conditions of the population being infected that will have more to do with how deadly any particular pathogen will end up being. Heat itself is really only a big factor if we're talking about rotting or decaying carcasses being a vector and then heat will speed up and exacerbate the problem while cold will obviously inhibit it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

I have hardly ever been infected with a virus during the summer. It is almost always during the winter.

I can agree to a certain extent, I tend to get sick from winter to Spring when the weather starts to warm up a bit. But whether it is a common theme with everyone else is another question.
edit on 28-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You don't have to believe me, ask a scientist.

No, cold weather forces people to huddle together which means they are more prone to spreading infections of all types (Bubonic Plague is a bacterial illness, not a virus). Cold weather also weakens our immune systems because we are not outside and food is not as fresh.

The Bubonic Plague actually used the onset of the Little Ice Age. After Europe had experienced several seasons of colder than usual weather, too much rain, and ruined crops, the populace was in poor health and packed together creating excellent conditions for the spread of the illness.

Also, I did ask a scientist. My husband has degrees in biology and microbiology and has spent over a decade working in biosciences with infectious microorganisms, both viral and bacterial.

Yes, you can get outbreaks of illness in both the hot and cold seasons, but neither makes illness especially bad, rather it's the general health and living conditions of the population being infected that will have more to do with how deadly any particular pathogen will end up being. Heat itself is really only a big factor if we're talking about rotting or decaying carcasses being a vector and then heat will speed up and exacerbate the problem while cold will obviously inhibit it.

Thank you for your reply.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join