It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly discovered gut virus lives in half the world's population

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Odds are, there's a virus living inside your gut that has gone undetected by scientists for decades. A new study has found that more than half the world's population is host to a newly described virus, named crAssphage, which infects one of the most common gut bacterial species, Bacteroides. This bacterium thought to be connected with obesity, diabetes and other gut-related diseases.

Pretty interesting on how they found the Virus and after cross checking they were able to determined the virus lives in at least half the worlds population. The article says they believe the virus is as old as mankind... They are already thinking about gene splicing the virus to cure other ailments..

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ha Ha....AssPhage.

Who names these things anyway?
I'd bet there are probably many viruses that effect bacteria in our bodies.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Assphage...

I know of at least one member here who isn't going to be overly thrilled by this viruses name.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Can you offer any proof for that?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Assphage.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
is it resistant to alcohol ? if not fair to say i do not have it

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GuerillaSkill

Lol.

No, I admit it, i have no proof...it can't be true then.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

He and his team named the virus crAssphage, after the cross-assembly software program used to discover it. Some of the proteins in crAssphage's DNA are similar to those found in other well-described viruses. That allowed Edwards' team to determine that their novel virus is one known as a bacteriophage, which infects and replicates inside bacteria -- and using innovative bioinformatic techniques, they predicted that this particular bacteriophage proliferates by infecting a common phylum of gut bacteria known as Bacteriodetes. Gut punch Bacteriodetes bacteria live toward the end of the intestinal tract, and they are suspected to play a major role in the link between gut bacteria and obesity. What role crAssphage plays in this process will be a target of future research.

So Assphage is responsible for my overly chubby body!

Wondered why when I exercise daily and try and eat healthy that I am not only "chubby" but keep very slowly gaining. The Doc said my thyroid is good (I was upset); my blood sugars are good; etc. Very healthy but very overweight.

Phage! With your great wisdom, how do we get rid of Assphage!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Research the late and respected DR.Hulda Clark before TPTB remove ALL of her research,she is a HUMANITARIAN HEROINE.

Parasites may cause ALL cancers and diseases and our Global water supply may have been intentionally tainted with TWO TYPES OF CHLORINE which break down into killer compoinds inside of us all.

Indians in NA used Sweat Lodges to challenge diseses because the body temp went to over 100 degrees,they used steam to keep people hydrated and alive while they COOKED the internal parasites and this worked for them.

Fasting for 4 days or more is said to kill the adult phases by starving them and gives your immune system an IMMEDIATE BOOST.

Apricot seeds properly used kill the parasites.

Black Walnut Husks is said to kill the adults and juveniles and Cloves are said to kill the eggs hidden in your stomach lining and other places.

Medical MJ is said to kill ALL phases if taken internally in oil form so it can get to the eggs.It will kill adults and Juveniles in Tincture form.

edit on 26-7-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Paging AssPhage?

A talking point no one has mentioned is that if these viruses can cause diabetes and obesity than ppl can't be 100% to blame for the obesity and treated as some sort of character flaw.

Also as for gut parasites like tapeworms there are natural cures, but they take a long time (weeks). And the 3 main ingredients like black wallnut etc. can cost more than the simple drug itself:

curezone.org...

I'll be trying one of these in the future, I don't even have any solid evidence I am infected but it's worth a shot:

www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md...

new topics

top topics

join