It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paid shills?, how it really works

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: donhuangenaro
Interesting... a few hours ago an admin removed my post when I mentioned an ats member might be a paid shill... I was civilized and I didn't use harsh language...

but anyway, make your own conclusions

You've been a member since 2008 and you're just now learning of the T&C (TOS)? The stuff you sign when you become a member? Might want to re-read this then T&C

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HammyCat

Interesting... a few hours ago an admin removed my post when I mentioned an ats member might be a paid shill... I was civilized and I didn't use harsh language...

You've been a member since 2008 and you're just now learning of the T&C (TOS)? The stuff you sign when you become a member? Might want to re-read this then T&C

yeah, my fault, calling someone a paid shill... my deepest apologies... not

also, I am very irritated by the 'one line' rule, but here is the second line

edit on 26-7-2014 by donhuangenaro because: ...

JAK

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In case anyone missed it: Community Announcement re: Decorum

Easy version: Your attention is needed please...

With this post, I command all ATS members (who are warned regularly) to watch mandatory football (soccer for U.S. nationals) and basketball (NBA preseason will suffice, or the other domestic leagues around the world).

Watch the games and watch the games good. Pay especially attention when fouls are being committed. Notice why a foul is commited. Please do!!!

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it's because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

I repeat:

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it’s because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: donhuangenaro

The one line rule applies to things like "great post" or "I agree", etc. If the one line is relevant to the topic at hand, then you can post one line, and not get dinged for it. Adding "2nd" or something to that effect doesn't make it a two line post though.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

thank
you
for
clearing
this
to
me

I
hope
I
will
not
be
banned
I
really
this
forum

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Nope. You cannot do that or you will be labeled a shill. When on a conspiracy site, you MUST believe every conspiracy full stop. And if you bring facts and proof, you will fall into the category of the OP. You MUST be a paid shill.

So then they aren't paid, they are just kids. When confronted about opinion resort to name calling.

Used to be at one time it was bannable offense to call people Shills. Now I guess the tidal wave of immaturity is washed over the ATS sandbox…

sigh

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A ban for simply accusing someone of being a shill? That is a little harsh don't you think.

This board is full of very different viewpoints. Even an intelligent person after a rough week can get frustrated over someone else's angle and have a few bad posts.

It does seem like shill is the new troll. It also seems like calling someone a shill is like calling someone a racial slur on here.

I am here seeking information and it irks me when others blatantly spread false information.
edit on 26-7-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
A ban for simply accusing someone of being a shill? That is a little harsh don't you think.

If that were the case I think 50 people who responded to me would have been banned by now.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Not simply but over and over. Like a small flame that grows into a forest fire, there was an enough! boom lowered at one point. I think in the 911 forum if memory serves?

Things got out of hand. For a while I think staff nixed threads about shills, too. Correct me if I am wrong.

It is just name calling anyway. Even though many claim a divining rod, nobody has a clue who is typing behind the screen.

Trying to remember to distinguish between messenger and message.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've apparently been shilling for 6 or 7 years. Unfortunately I've never been paid. Even I got people to believe the world wouldn't end in 2012. Man was my face red come 2013.

Seriously, I've said it before but I'll say it again. If someone wants to discredit the conspiracy crowd they would do better creating crazy conspiracies. It's the David Icke's that do more damage to the community than the Michael Shermer's.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Your not allowed to call a shill a shill

It very bad juu juu

edit on Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:03:02 -0500035America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254Seriously, I've said it before but I'll say it again. If someone wants to discredit the conspiracy crowd they would do better creating crazy conspiracies. It's the David Icke's that do more damage to the community than the Michael Shermer's.

To me David Icke's "conspiracy theory" sounds more like a New Age religion to me. Jesse Ventura doesn't seem to get it. I'd cut him some slack. When talking about social issues, he makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
a reply to: BSndsMPBlk47
you never heard of FOX news? Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? They all get the morning talking points from GOP headquarters! Rush is 99.7% right,as he claims,because he only gives you his half of an issue.

There are no liberals or conservatives in mainscream media, only neo-conservatives. But the neo-cons further to the right than the mainscream like those you mentioned are the worst of the bunch. Rush gives you a highly distorted picture of 3% of an issue if that.

Note that whether it is Faux News or shows like the View they talk over each other.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

According to newly revealed documents, British spy agency GCHQ is manipulating online discussions, infiltrating the computers of specific targets, purposely destroying reputations, altering the results of online polls, and using Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for propaganda and espionage purposes.

The Worst Trolls On The Internet Are The Government Trolls by Michael Snyder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join