It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#WWJVD: The Border Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Today’s another edition of #WWJVD: What Would Jesse Ventura Do? Voters are divided over the chaos in the southern border where over 50,000 children from Central America have crossed into the United States. But what would I do if I was President to solve this immigration crisis? Find out in today's episode.

Also, in our brand new “On The Grid” segment, my vigilant producer Alex Logan asked unsuspecting passerbys this question: what political party does Jesse Ventura belong to? Watch – the answers may shock you. It certainly shocked me.

You can also get my answers to some of your #AskJesse questions in the full episode on Ora.tv. Special thanks this week goes to member, Pez1975, for your question, which was answered in today's show. Stay tuned for the next #AskJesse question call out for your chance to have your question answered. I will also be checking back in to the forum as soon as possible to answer some of the questions that didn't make it in the show. And as always, remember to.. Stay Vigilant!

-Jesse

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

No worries Gov. we here At ATS know where you stand and most of us stand with you

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I agree that most of us here at ATS stand with Jesse. After all, the USA is exceptional.
This means that each and every immigrant/refugee that crosses the border is entitled to
due process of law. That means a judicial hearing.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yet another nail in the American Dream coffin.

It amazes me how so many know so little.

And the sad thing is.......I'm not surprised in the least.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

That one dude said "green party". Hah! I wish.

I would already lean towards voting for him if he were in a primary but, if he were Green Party, I'd campaign for him.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I agree that most of us here at ATS stand with Jesse. After all, the USA is exceptional.
This means that each and every immigrant/refugee that crosses the border is entitled to
due process of law. That means a judicial hearing.

Unless, of course, they were kidnapped and brought here by the CIA for "enhanced interrogation." Or, if they are American citizens, they can be drone struck without a judicial hearing.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Dear VictorVonWhatt? Please forgive me, but I fear that your post is not a sardonic parody.

Lions, and tigers, and CIA drones oh my!

If you are serious, please forgive me, but I'm not jumping down that rabbit hole. (sorry Beezzer and Wrabbit)

edit on 25-7-2014 by Diderot because: rrr!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Dear VictorVonWhatt? Please forgive me, but I fear that your post is not a sardonic parody.

Lions, and tigers, and CIA drones oh my!

If you are serious, please forgive me, but I'm not jumping down that rabbit hole. (sorry Beezzer and Wrabbit)

Are you unaware that this happens? That the president has a kill list? That he has already killed without due process of an american citizen? Both Anwar al-Awlaki and his son were killed with 2 separate drone strikes.

And oh my, rendition is still effect under the current administration.

This is why I say due process is selective at best.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Dear Mr G., I was gonna tell you to lay low, until I noticed the comma between "my" and "rendition".
I thought you were in a world of hurt.
Anyway, let's consider a USA citizen that joins al Qaida or ISIS. If they are not enemy combatants, then what would you call them? If I were the leaders of ISIS, I would hide behind a bunch of western recruits to keep me from getting blown up.
There are very many western recruits in ISIS.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

a reply to: MarlinGrace
Dear Mr G., I was gonna tell you to lay low, until I noticed the comma between "my" and "rendition".
I thought you were in a world of hurt.
Anyway, let's consider a USA citizen that joins al Qaida or ISIS. If they are not enemy combatants, then what would you call them? If I were the leaders of ISIS, I would hide behind a bunch of western recruits to keep me from getting blown up.
There are very many western recruits in ISIS.

Do I understand you to say that you side with the president and not give due process to an American citizen because you think they are working with terrorist?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Anyway, let's consider a USA citizen that joins al Qaida or ISIS. If they are not enemy combatants, then what would you call them?

How about we call them "the accused" or "the defendant" in open, public trial where evidence of their crime is put on display for all to see. Then have them judged by a jury of their peers. As MarlinGrace states more directly than I, due process and judicial hearings seem to be subject to the whims of the Federal Government since 9/11.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Dear Victor the Just, An open, public trial of the accused serves to sanitize the proceeding against charges of corruption.
Corruption, like vermin, thrives in the dark.

top topics

join