It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(VIDEO) Mass shooting avoided when hospital gunman is shot by good guys with guns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

DISCLAIMER: The title is from the article, and it's a little over the top by my standards. It is from a pro-gun site, the articles are always a little too skewed for my taste, but the videos are the real item of interest here, especaially the audio in the one clip. So don't shoot the messenger because of the title and the source article. Thank you.

This incident occured in a Salt Lake City hospital.

This will be an interesting topic. I will present two videos in this article, one is silent, the other has audio, but is from a different vantage point.

The article isn't clear, and the aduio is hard to hear. The video shows a very distraught gentleman with two handguns in a hospital waiting room. In the video with audio you can hear that he is clearly upset.

This is the short video with no audio:

This is the video WITH audio (Warning will be loud when you hear the 4 shots fired):

So now that you have watched the video; I'm not sure what the guy went through, the patient made comments like "I told him (the doctor) this would happen if he didn't listen to me!".

Perhaps a case of psych drugs gone wrong?

For those of you with a conceal carry, this might be what you will face someday as well.

Hospitals and Doctors offices are now not safe places.

Source article

Stay safe, my friends.

edit on C14272447 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

edit on C14272634 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

honestly NOWHERE human beings are working or just plain there is safe.

what happens when that little cute receptionist's boyfriend finds out she's been blowing the mailman? or the doctor your about to see got some guy locked up 10 years ago when he testified and that guy just got let out... idk we could go on and on and on but basically if people are involved there is the potential for something bad to happen.. plain and simple.

simple answer is carry 24/7 and make arrangements anywhere that your not supposed to carry. if you know you have a hospital trip coming up start the procedure to get exempt from the no carry rules. as far as i know its as simple as getting official written consent from the property owners, whatever wheeling and dealing that might take. cant hurt to at least ask and try. if not maybe call around?

i know i have been planning around being able to carry. i even do all my banking from the car now just because my branch won't budge on letting me conceal carry in there. i asked but got a no
they said its a rule that goes back to the wild west (same with no guns in church and bars) and they cant budge

edit on 25-7-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

That's very true.

People go off the deep end sometimes, and bad stuff happens.

There's absolutely no such thing as a safe place when there's unpredictable people around.

Relatively safe yes, absolutely safe no.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Oh I agree that no where is safe.

Saftey is an illusion that most people buy into. However, that concept needs to change. People are shocked with others who open carry, and it's rather sad.

I also plan my day around where I can carry, and cannot. I am toying with the idea of carrying anyways, ccp/ccw, as it's concealed, and if nothing goes wrong, they don't have to be the wiser. However if something bad happens, it'll end quickly. Lives saved, imo, is sometimes more important then burocratic rules made by those who are always surrounded by armed people.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This event and the one at the PA hostpital were stopped by responsible gun owners! Wow imagine that! Thank you to those heroes out there who should be getting far more recognition by our MSM!

To be far we shall have to see if there is any coverage on these good samaritans!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Lives saved, imo, is sometimes more important then burocratic rules made by those who are always surrounded by armed people.

Agreed.

But then again, these bureaucrats with all the heavily armed bodyguards, have a right to be surrounded by protective weapons and we cannot because their lives are so much more important and valuable to the world than ours are...

Bloody hypocrites.
edit on 25-7-2014 by MysterX because: typo...it's early!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Carry, carry.. And carry. I totally agree.

But should you be expectant of having to use your weapon in a hospital? Times are changing for sure.

ETA: the gunman seemed very emotional, I don't think he was on drugs, was it possibly related to a family member that died in that hospital?
edit on 25-7-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Lives saved, imo, is sometimes more important then burocratic rules made by those who are always surrounded by armed people.

Agreed.

But then again, these bureaucrats with all the heavily armed bodyguards, have a right to be surrounded by protective weapons and we cannot because their lives are so much more important and valuable to the world than ours are...

Bloody hypocrites.

Yes. There you go.
Welcome to the world of haves and have-nots.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Carry, carry.. And carry. I totally agree.

But should you be expectant of having to use your weapon in a hospital? Times are changing for sure.

ETA: the gunman seemed very emotional, I don't think he was on drugs, was it possibly related to a family member that died in that hospital?

I'm not sure, it sounded like while the cop/security officer was hollaring at him from the other room, that he was saying he was seen yesturday, and the doctor didn't listen to him. He was saying he wanted to see his doctor from yesterday.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

That would be believable, and possibly evoke an emotional response, like I said.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you in the slightest.

I was merely pointing out what I was able to make out from my crappy headset.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Well you made out more than I could, the only parts I could hear clearly were from the security guard.

Thanks for your insight

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

That sucks. I carry all the time in Ameris Bank. Mostly concealed but there has been a time or two when I have open carried unintentionally (job related; not leo) without so much as a stare.

However, I live in south georgia; things are viewed differently here. I remember a while back meeting an individual in a Wal-Mart parking lot to sell one of my personal ar-15's I had placed it the classifieds. As we stood at the back of my truck so he could examine the weapon I remembered thinking..."where else in this country can you do this and not so much as frighten or alarm a single soul?".

We don't have a fearful mentality when it comes to firearms. And oddly enough we don't experience shooting sprees or a high rate of gun violence. In fact, very little crime at all...now imagine that.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

One thing I have noticed, when I watch a U.K. video of stupid criminals, they always put up the bullet-proof security screen.
Why haven't US banks done the same? My girlfriend works at a bank and I am so scared for her because I hear of bank robberies in our area weekly.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So let me get this straight the Hospital bans concealed carry, but ppl where like "f-it anyway" and carried them.

Then an event happened where they saved the day?

Did the concealed carriers get punished for breaking the concealed carry rules?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Gee, you can't carry your gun in a bank, I can't imagine why! /sarcasm

How do we know the "hero" wasn't the shooter to begin with? Cause he said so?

Wild west mentality.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Which part was sarcasm? Where do banks ban guns? Other than for their employees I mean.
I've never seen a "no guns" sign at a bank nor any law prohibiting the carry of a gun into a bank.

Folks hold up banks all the time without weapons of any kind. Wouldnt it be more efficient to put up a "no bank robbers" sign?
edit on 25-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

i even do all my banking from the car now just because my branch won't budge on letting me conceal carry in there. i asked but got a no
they said its a rule that goes back to the wild west (same with no guns in church and bars) and they cant budge

Don't take their word for it. Ask for the statute. If there isnt a statute then it's just their policy which has no force of law behind it. Often times policy only applies to employees. You're not an employee so if it is a policy check who it applies to.

Or just conceal carry.

Even works in the Post Office and other federal buildings. Shocking, I know.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

If you hadn't noticed those others with guns were Leo's.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: HauntWok

Which part was sarcasm? Where do banks ban guns? Other than for their employees I mean.
I've never seen a "no guns" sign at a bank nor any law prohibiting the carry of a gun into a bank.

Folks hold up banks all the time without weapons of any kind. Wouldnt it be more efficient to put up a "no bank robbers" sign?

Depends on state law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join