It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Blows up Jonah's Tomb in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: darkbake

This is utterly disgraceful.

Why would they wish to destroy such a site? What are they going to do next, nuke Mecca?

Destroying the Kabba (spelling?) in Mecca is on their wish list. Doesn't sound like they would have any support left if they continue to check things off their list. Who would be supporting them then? It would be most revealing to see who is actually supporting them if they were to succeed.

although I totally disagree with them, if you want to really get down to what is true doctrine in Islam and Christianity these sites are considered idolatry.

"By Allah's leave our sheikh al-Baghdadi led Mecca stone for those who worship (pilgrims) will kill you and God ' I will tear down the Ka'ba, the place of worship,” the alleged ISIS militant said on the social media site, according to reports from Turkish media adding that those of the Islamic faith should not be worshipping 'stones.'"

ISIS' beef with Mecca seems to be that Muslims have lost touch with the true meaning of their faith, according to the threat.

“People are going to Mecca to touch the stones, not for God,” reads another tweet from the same account. “I swear to God, if you conquer Saudi Arabia as we worship, none but Allah will demolish the Ka'ba.”

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 103131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I'm against all forms of violence, but you know what ? The ISIS deserves their butt kicked in my humble opinion. And someone needs to do it soon.
Let them blow up Mecca, or even try,and they will have to face the wrath of all the other (some very rich) Arab countries.

It hurts me to see them destroying our history including muslim and christian artifacts.

I'm not a religious Catholic, but took religion classes in elementary school.

Ps: Jonah's tomb?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is it fair to make the comparison of ISIS to the Nazi party? Obviously different parts of the world, but both groups had hopes of dominant take over of the region, killing off anyone who wasn't like you, ruthless with enemies, and causing lots of destructive fear throughout the region... I think it's time for ISIS to be taken down before they cause more destruction and pain in the region..
edit on 25-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

If I read correctly right now they estimate their numbers to be between 6000-10000.
They need to put an end to this before it escalates even more.

I've worked in Kuwait, Bangladesh, Lebanon, all mainly muslim countries, and am in touch with friends from there.
Trust me they all want ISIS to stop destroying our history and killing innocent people.

Have had many friends come back from hajj.

Again, if this Mecca rumor is true, that will be a great disaster to the Arab world.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Is it fair to make the comparison of ISIS to the Nazi party? Obviously didn't parts of the world, but both groups had hopes of dominant take over of the region, killing off anyone who wasn't like you, ruthless with enemies, and causing lots of destructive fear throughout the region... I think it's time for ISIS to be taken down before they cause more destruction and pain in the region..

Well...the Spanish entering the Americas comes to mind...greased by the Holy Roman Empire.

Let's get real...ISIS is serving some kind of agenda. If not, it would be all drones and snatch-and-grab on their collective arses. Sad to ask once again, but cui bono?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

You know, I done some research a while back to try and determine just who ISIS is and what their goal is....and I came to the same conclusion that you have. They seem like a group put together by the US and Israel just to drum up hate against muslims. If that's the case then it is absolutely sickening.

It's a tragedy when any group decides to destroy ancient structures, statues, books, artifacts, etc.. I remember when the Taliban destroyed the Buddha statues. Such disrespect for humanity and history.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There is an accepted hadith regarding people coming to the Last Messenger about a man who was causing disturbance by dressing as a woman. He told them to drive this person away, but not to attack or cast the person out of the protection of Medina (that is, he confirmed that this person should still be considered a Muslim). They said really? should we not kill him?

The Messenger said: "I AM FORBIDDEN TO KILL THOSE WHO PRAY."

Imagine what ISIS would do in that case, and know it is far, far from Islamic.
edit on 25-7-2014 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Snowden leaked information from NSA showing that Abu-Bakr Al Baghdadi was taken to Israel before ISIS formed. There he trained vigorously to serve his masters, the CIA and Mossad. The CIA's intention is to 1) Destroy Syria 2) Destroy Iran 3) Finally, Destroy Russia. Russia and China are moving into the world stage. They are technically super powers but their currency can in no way become the world reserve. They are many years away from entering the world currency reserve game.

The US is following the Wolfowitz doctrine. Wolfowitz was a Secretary of Defense in the US under George W. Bush. He worked along side of Scooter Libby, Collin Powell, & P*nis Cheney. The doctrine is believed to be crucial for US to continue to hold the world currency and keep this fake money charade going. It keeps the US as the only Superpower in the world uncontested. The doctrine says that you have to use any means to destabilize any rising superpowers. This includes our allies in Europe.

The US will collapse if another country can enter the currency reserve market. This will never happen. Of course, what will happen is another war. You see Russia getting frustrated that the US is allowed to fund and arm terrorists but Russia is vilified for doing the same thing but to a lesser extend. Things are going to the toilet and there is nothing much we can do. The best thing to do is enjoy the ride down!

If anyone here wants to listen to someone who has worked with Ronald Reagan, listen to Paul Craig Roberts on youtube. Very intelligent man and very aware of the world geopolitical stage.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Its always sad to me when a piece of history is destroyed.

I don't care if its his true resting place or not... I also felt we lost an Important piece of history with the statues in Afghanistan. Not because of the religion but the age, and the love and the caring that went into their construction.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The US also denied secretly financing the Taliban (though pakistani intelligence ) until 10 years later when Brzezinski spilled the beans. The US will obviously deny financing of ISIS too. But ISIS is definitely a vehicle of US, its purpose is try to destroy all Islam states and try start wars between sunni and shiite. US has started WW3.

As for the statues, all abramic religions shouldn't follow idols because of the ten commandments "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" but the statues have been safe in Muslums hands for 1300 years (before Brzezinski Taliban) because of Surah 109.

Say: O you disbelievers,
I worship not what you worship,
Nor do you worship Whom I worship,
Neither shall I worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship Whom I worship,
To you be your religion, and to me my religion.
edit on 25 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Thank you Fylgje, It annoys me why people cannot see the obvious, media blames ISLAM for destroying ISLAM and people believe it, the ludicrousy of it all, drives me bonkers. Yes the destruction of statues was an assault and disrespect against peoples freedom and their history. It was a very sad day for all of humanity.
edit on 25 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: glend

You know, I done some research a while back to try and determine just who ISIS is and what their goal is....and I came to the same conclusion that you have. They seem like a group put together by the US and Israel just to drum up hate against muslims. If that's the case then it is absolutely sickening.

Oh sure and the US and Israle are just of late getting into the drumming up of hate for Muslim business.....that's been going on for about 1000 years now. I mean good grief try to apply some basic history here.

And by all means don't tell that to the Muslims fighting other Muslim to the death.....for another 1000 years. And certainly don't let all those Iranian rockets falling into Israle sway anyone from the US/Israeli drummers up idea.

At some point here at least try to consider that this thing goes past the machinations of the industrial military complex and just may have something to do with age old issues.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
This is sad.

The mosques and churches in Iraq are so old. They have relics in them that are so historic.

Even to those who are not people of any faith, they are a glimpse into our past as humans.

To see them destroyed like this is really a tragedy.

It reminds me of the Buddhas of Bamiyan.

Horrible.

And people want them to control Israel...

This is how they have always operated, destroy any other religion...this is nothing new to say the least, but they are now marching across Iraq destroying everything in their path that is not aligned with their form of Muslin.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The US also denied secretly financing the Taliban (though pakistani intelligence ) until 10 years later when Brzezinski spilled the beans. The US will obviously deny financing of ISIS too. But ISIS is definitely a vehicle of US, its purpose is try to destroy all Islam states and try start wars between sunni and shiite. US has started WW3.

As for the statues, all abramic religions shouldn't follow idols because of the ten commandments "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" but the statues have been safe in Muslums hands for 1300 years (before Brzezinski Taliban) because of Surah 109.

This is funny. I take it you were not around back then? It was very public that we were funding the Taliban during the Russian invasion. Reagan bragged about it as did others for Petes sake. It was a big deal when they finally got shoulder held anti-air weapons and turned the tide. Brzezinski my azz.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

An other example that retards are at work. Absolute no sense of historical value or respect for the belief system of other human-beings.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

An other example that retards are at work. Absolute no sense of historical value or respect for the belief system of other human-beings.

And that belief system would be that of the ancient Assyrians who changed their ways at the word of a Hebrew prophet. Until any of you understand what that means in its historical context sheading light on the current events you will not understand why it was destroyed. This is far from an act done by a bunch of fundamentalist apes scratching there heads. They understand exactly what it means as well as the destruction of Ezekiel's Tomb, and some of the other Hebrew tombs.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Nothing funny about it. Brzezinski under Jimmy Carter was funding the mujahideen BEFORE the Russian invasion to sucker Russia into invading Afghanistan. US denied all Russian allegations that US was financing the mujahideen at that time. When Russia invaded Afghanistan US then had the opportunity to sway the gullible public to support the poor mujahideen being invaded by the big nasty Russians. Brzezinski latter boasted it was all done to bankrupt Russia and cause their economic demise.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sepermeru
This is not accurate, I'm afraid. No Muslim is religiously obligated to stop the "People of the Book" from doing their thing. It is expressly and frequently forbidden. Islam is a bit like Judaism in that we have obligations different from other faiths. The Western Christian model tends to view religious matters as being important to impress on everyone, but Islam is concerned with what Muslims do.

"Idolatry" doesn't apply if nobody thinks the place itself is God or is like God, anyway. So even attacking the masjid is really, really strange. Decoration, art, beauty, all this is perfectly Islamic and always has been. God tells Muslims to appreciate and enjoy the beauties of the world, to make prayer beautiful in remembrance of the bounties of the world, and just don't start thinking these are what's really important, so adornment, architecture, precious metals and gems -- none of that is considered idolatrous.

You're approaching it from the standpoint of someone rational. Belief in a radical cause often leads to the same belief that it's your duty to enlighten others to your extreme point of view. Radicals are not moderates, they take the foundations of their beliefs to the extremes and seek to impress them on others. If you want people to follow your belief system you destroy the other ones. Radicals don't care about concepts like only paying attention to what their group does. This isn't limited to just Islam either look at the idea of abortion here in the US. Some people take the decision that it's up to each individual to decide where they lay and others believe abortion clinics, the doctors working there, and the patients there all need to be blown up.

As far as idolatry goes, there's a gray area. What one person sees as respect for an object which may simply be historical rather than divine another sees as a distraction from the glory of God.

The extremists blowing these places up see things a certain way. That doesn't make them right, but in their minds they're not doing something wrong either.

originally posted by: igor_ats
I bet they never touch anything that has money coming in from tourism like the Sphynx and pyramids.

I hope the pyramids aren't destroyed. I would very much like to visit them one day. They have a lot of things in their favor though. Pretty much the entire world considers them a treasure, and Egypt knows how important they are to tourism. They would be heavily guarded and destroying them is the type of action that would trigger major international attention. Also, the pyramids don't have a religious connection these days so they're much more likely to be spared.

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Aazadan

Well surely then, if these artefacts are not necessary because they merely back up the word of the Qu'ran, then neither are the reams of 7.62 ammunition ISIS have expended, the murders they have committed in the name of their faith, the territories they have taken, or the laws they are instituting in those territories!?

I find their particular thought processes in this specific regard, utterly beyond reasonable examination.

I've never understood this from any group. God is an all knowing all powerful being, but somehow requires humans to enforce it's will. If God truly wants your group in power it will happen, without you firing a shot. Using violence to enforce your own point of view strikes me as being the pinnacle of a lack of faith in God more than anything.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: demus
And they do it while spreading the word of God, to top it all off.

Sounds a lot like what the Christians did during the crusades. This is another perfect example of religion being used by the few to control the many...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

originally posted by: Djarums

The mosques and churches in Iraq are so old. They have relics in them that are so historic.

somebody mentioned it in another topic and I must admit it crosses my mind (more often lately):

are they looking for something in the Middle East?

are they trying to find and keep or find and destroy something?

what if all the mess in the Middle East is not only about the oil, currency, stocks, arms...?

what if there are more mysterious reasons for causing all the destruction and unrest?

(by "they" I'm not referring to ISIS)

Nazis... Occult... makes sense?

No?

Nazis... Skull & Bones... Occult... make more sense?

Basically, it's all about the occult and collection of artifacts. Given that our country (USA) has been slowly over-taken by Nazi forces on/around WWII and after it makes perfect sense. (No, not exactly the "heil Hitler" Nazis. They are much more subdued now, as Hitler's approach didn't go well.)

While money and greed is a fine "reason" for most to destroy countries and take their resources, it only makes sense that to seriously wealthy/powerful individuals that there is something more important than money - artifacts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join