It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare German footage from WW1 in color

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Really cool WW! footage from a German perspective re mastered and in color.

I very much enjoyed watching this video, some of it looks like it could have been filmed in the 80s . Really does give a different perspective on WW1.

About halfway through it shows a guy on the battlefield using a flamethrower and I thought that was pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That brought me to tears. Some say war is Hell. War is worse than Hell. Only bad people go to Hell. A lot of good people have to endure war.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Their willingness is what I find disturbing. They are proud. Trudging through the trenches at one point with the corpses of their comrades stacked up against the wall. Yet we, today, analyze all the errors we made to get ourselves into that war. It's almost like we consider the people who fought it and waged it primitive, because we could never make similar mistakes today. Yet we are making similar mistakes, and worse.

For all the good we are capable of, this is what we spend the bulk of our time doing, isn't it?

Silly monkeys...

Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one
they're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club.
And beat their brother, down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Cut and divide it all right in two [x4]

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over prayer,
overhead and light
Fight over love, over sun,
over another, Fight for each other,
for the ones who are rising.

Angels on the sideline again.
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

Cut and divide it all right in two [x3]
RIGHT IN TWO!

Right in two...

edit on 25-7-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Great find. All old footage is interesting and valuable and it brings it home that those people were just like us in many ways. We aren't as brainwashed on this site though.
It makes you consider that another world war could happen again too. Nations seem to be jockeying for position to have a go at each other and seeking alliances. World Wars always seem to follow after an economic upheaval.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Tool is awesome. I had not seen that video. Thanks.
They are working on a new album. I have been thinking about taking a trip to Arizona to get drunk on Maynard's wine.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the vid..

It will truly show you how many great people will come together for such an evil cause.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Now I'm listening to TOOL again.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
jesus...

they didn't call it no man's land for nothing. the landscape they were in just screams death. and seeing all those american/allied troop corpses in the trench while the Germans are making their way through...disturbing.

footage like this is an important reminded of our history.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You know this is world war I right?

Those soldiers believed they were fighting to defend Austria from Russian dominance; that Russia had assassinated the heir to the Austrian throne, and then declared war on Austria when they demanded the murderer by arrested and all conspirators brought to Austria for trial.

They believed that Russia had been working with the UK and US, & France, to exclude Germans and Austrians from having colonies in China and Africa. They called themselves "The Allies", believing that the superpowers were trying to keep their nation poor and exploited.

Poor bastards thought they were fighting for the future of their nation. Misguided fools were standing in the way of greatness.

Killing them must have been easier because they were so wrong. Only total rubes could have believed such conspiracy theories

new topics

top topics

join