It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Rick Perry: Illegal Aliens in Texas Behind 3,000 Homicides & 8,000 Sexual Assaults

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Any extra crime is just that. EXTRA. It is a crime that would not be committed if one was not here illegally. We can agree to disagree with whether that's ok or not. But one illegal committing one crime is one more crime that would NOT have been committed had they not been here.

You're not making any sense. Perhaps we should stop having children because they might grow up to commit crimes? Think it through. If illegal immigrants commit fewer violent crimes, particularly against American citizens, they're actually driving down your risk of being a victim.

I don't know why it doesn't make sense. If we have one illegal who commits a crime, that is one crime that would not have been committed had they not been here. It's pretty simple. I'm also not saying that illegals commit more crime than we do. I'm stating that any extra crime brought in is something we don't need. Regardless of where they come from.

Cutting back on kids might not be such a bad idea for Americans either, since we are having issues already taking care of our own.

Look... I get it. I'm not satan. I have a family. I have a child. I can absolutely empathize with wanting to make a better life for your family. A lot of these people aren't doing that and the ones that are, are doing it illegally. That's not the way to do it. We do not have the resources to care for our own. What sense does it make to accept bus loads of people here when we have so many already that do not have a home, food, healthcare, etc.? It's insanity and that is why a lot of folks are pissed off.

Like many others here, my heritage is not in the US. My family came through Ellis island several generations back. We are a melting pot and it is what makes America what America is. But there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Just opening the gates is not the right way to do it IMO. YMMV of course.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here ya go.

Our ruling

Perry told Beck over 3,000 homicides were committed "by illegal aliens over the" last six years.

This claim is unsupported by the presentation he relied on, which indicates that since 2008 in Texas, more than 200,000 arrested immigrants -- foreign nationals living here with or without legal permission -- had among them accumulated 3,070 homicide charges (not convictions) in their lives. Put another way, for this declaration to hold water, one would have to assume illegal immigrants committed nearly half of the state’s homicides since 2008; we found no such data.

This statement is both incorrect and ridiculous. Pants on Fire!

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: thesaneone

When an illegal alien comes into this country he is automatically a criminal.

Is that a violent crime like homicide or sexual assault? This thread is clearly about hyping the the threat to American citizens posed by violent criminals within the illegal immigrant population.

It seems that some here are just apologists for criminal illegal aliens.

Apologist for what? I'm just denying ignorance. Do you support irrational fear mongering?

I don't support more restrictive gun laws every time some nutjob goes on a shooting spree either. Same thing — irrational fear mongering.

It is not irrational fear mongering to have 8 murders committed by illegal aliens in the last 10 years,now is it?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

1. If they are such a Big Problem and such horrible people than why do Americas biggest offenders continue to hire them and give them incentives to come here?

2. Republicans are the largest benefactors of the agriculture industry , which is one of the biggest offender if not the biggest employer of illegal immigrants in this country. Do you think they are going to actually give you the solution to stop illegal immigrants when they are getting fed by the biggest offender of illegal immigrants?

www.opensecrets.org...

3. Why aren't the republicans and democrats for that matter talking about going after the companies that give them incentives to come here illegally.

edit on 51731America/ChicagoThu, 24 Jul 2014 23:51:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hmmm.

Seems PolitiFact (ultra-Left Wing) may have missed a few things.

That chart seems to tell a worse story eh.

I say the Governor may be accurate after all.

Please explain what useful information is conveyed by the chart.

When were these crimes committed?
Where were these crimes committed?
How many of these are crimes for which the person was convicted?
Who were the victims of these crimes?
How many of these crimes were convicted by the same person?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If I knew all that, I'd be a genius.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

definitely positively a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
maybe you guys should start making them wear big patches on there sleeves of something like oh i dont know maybe the mexican flag.
then you could rally them all up and send them to something like a detention facility or a FEMA camp.
Then put them all to work , after all they are breaking the law right !!!
The ones that get sick, well oh i dont know. free medical and free cremation for burial.
and then build a giant wall straight down the border.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Here ya go.

Our ruling

Perry told Beck over 3,000 homicides were committed "by illegal aliens over the" last six years.

This claim is unsupported by the presentation he relied on, which indicates that since 2008 in Texas, more than 200,000 arrested immigrants -- foreign nationals living here with or without legal permission -- had among them accumulated 3,070 homicide charges (not convictions) in their lives. Put another way, for this declaration to hold water, one would have to assume illegal immigrants committed nearly half of the state’s homicides since 2008; we found no such data.

This statement is both incorrect and ridiculous. Pants on Fire!

www.politifact.com...

using a website to do your fact checking for you under this administration lol " in 2011 propaganda was made legal".
liberal minded followers tend to think that all "fact checking websites" are factual even when the bias in the reporting is obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. CNN doesn't tell the truth and fox news doesn't tell the truth maybe you should follow the money and ask these questions "who is funding this website" "what are their personal political beliefs"

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You really believe a person of such credibility is telling the truth?

Higher credibilty = less consequence..... i've seen it my own work place.

Though i applaud your arm-chair warrior status.

I mean, if this happening it needs to stop. But it's happening on much bigger levels around the world. Ahem, i assume.
edit on 25-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: interupt42

definitely positively a conspiracy.

No conspiracy its just business in a controlled market.

If you follow the money it makes sense why they aren't talking about the real problem and the real solution.

CEO and Board of directors run this country. They draft the laws and they control what you hear,see, and think by using their arsenal of tools: MSM,RNC,DNC, and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). That is why they are trying to take back control of the internet.

They are the direct benefactors of illegals so they aren't going to give you the real problem nor the real solution. Instead they are going to ensure that no crisis goes to waste. They are going to keep you fighting among each other by using the RNC and the DNC, then they are going to give you false solutions which they will capitalize on. They are going to tell you that we need more border agents . fences, and technology but they aren't going to tell you who gets those contracts. More importantly the illegal Alien so called crisis will continue as it has for numerous decades with less border agents, less fences, and less technology.

Real Problem: Illegals have huge incentives to come here illegally.
1. They have no jobs back home they get jobs here.
2. They have no medical assistance back home they get medical assistance here.
3. They get caught they get sent back to Mexico where they don't get prosecuted so they come back again.

Real Fix: Don't give them an incentive to come. No jobs and no medical assistance no incentive to come.
1. Prosecute Industries , corporations , and businesses with the existing laws and perhaps make them harsher. Make the punishment out-way the risk of hiring them in the first place.

2. Why is the Canadian border not an issue despite having less enforcement? Canadians don't have any incentives to come and live here illegally. They got jobs, they won't work for the slave labor, they have healthcare so its not worth risking their lives to come here.

3. Notice how illegal immigrants are primarily from poorer countries and not 1st world countries. Why , incentives again.

Its all about incentives.
edit on 22731America/ChicagoFri, 25 Jul 2014 00:22:48 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Get 10 million out of 300 million people (3%) to sign up for Obamacare, and the liberals go crazy. 11 thousand out of 60 thousand (18%) immigrants cross the border, commit heinous crimes, and none of them bat an eye.
edit on 25-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Get 10 million out of 300 million people (3%) to sign up for Obamacare, and the liberals go crazy. 11 thousand out of 60 thousand (18%) immigrants cross the border, commit heinous crimes, and none of them bat an eye.

Ironic.

Sounds like a new definition of the "Hypocritic Oath"

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Well, this nonsense has been occurring since the Reagan Administration Amnesty,
Bush 1, Clinton Administration, Bush 2, and now with the Obama Administration.

They all pass the buck for their Overlords. As it appears that they are all beholden
to some Hidden Agenda rather than Voice of The Populous of The American Citizens.

Otherwise, we would not be having this discussion.

The only other explanation would be Complete Stupidity.

Case in point: " How can a Country have a "War on Terrorism", and a "Homeland Security"
Department while failing to secure its own borders?

This whole concept Defies Logic.

Meanwhile,
The Two Party System is a false pretense to divide and conquer .

I have mentioned to you before, a third party is necessary to create the equilateral balance
for the existence and duration of a Modern Society.

Clarity, Logic, and Reason appear to be a thing of the past. We are witnessing firsthand the results of Moral Turpitude.

Links: www.loc.gov...

www.nps.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

Moral Turpitude : en.wikipedia.org...
Excellent Thread! S&F

edit on 25-7-2014 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content

edit on 25-7-2014 by Wildmanimal because: Add Link to Definition

edit on 25-7-2014 by Wildmanimal because: Typo

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
But... .But.... All the liberals here on ATS will just tell you they are coming here for a better life and not hurting anyone. Shame on you for exposing statistics that disagree with the agenda!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It did happen and here are the pics:

Another crime-related public safety concern exists from criminal aliens, who may not be affiliated with the cartels and gangs but act alone to commit crime in Texas. From October 2008 to December 2012, Texas identified a total of 141,982 unique criminal alien defendants booked into Texas county jails. These individuals, identified through the Secure Communities initiative, are responsible for at least 447,844 individual criminal charges over their criminal careers, including 2,032 homicides and 5,048 sexual assaults.

Which is from the Department of Public Safety in a report titled: “Texas Public Safety Threat Overview 2013″

Perry's numbers probably include 2013, whereas the report only convers through 2012.
edit on 25-7-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
But... .But.... All the liberals here on ATS will just tell you they are coming here for a better life and not hurting anyone. Shame on you for exposing statistics that disagree with the agenda!!!

there you go putting a label on someone. stop dividing people, we are all equal. as in we equally contributed to the destruction of america by NOT DOING anything but sit here on ATS whining

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

I have mentioned to you before, a third party is necessary to create the equilateral balance
for the existence and duration of a Modern Society.

Yup.

But "3rd" parties need to get on the ballots in all Districts and States.

Lot's of resistance by the Big "2".

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

What? 11,000 out of 60,000?

See how well conflation works? This thread isn't about the 60,000 unaccompanied minors and yet, now you're saying that 11,000 children have committed heinous crimes and it's already getting starred up. Unbelievable.

The dubious data Rick Perry is drawing from, makes reference to illegal immigrants between 2008 and now who have been incarcerated in Texas jails.

This is pretty sad and it reminds me of all the people who got Cheney'd into thinking Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Tangental Comparisons are not always accurate or effective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join