It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer Forced to Dump 248 Gallons of Organic Milk and Break 1200 Free Range Eggs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is what happens when you don't pay your government bribe.(permits and other regulatory fees and hire unnecessary people just to fill out paperwork for the government)

Its not about how safe the food is its about the government getting there cut.

The last business i was in the the permits and other regulatory jumped from about $2000 to $20,000 in just one year(2002)
instead if losing money we just shut down putting 4 people out of work.

Then we all went and filed for unemployment or disablity.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Wow.. really sad.

I don't know how anyone does a job like that with dignity.

---

So whats going on here? Can you explain? It's illegal to run a food coop? You need licensing or something?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

this planet could be the garden of eden,we should be designing permaculture food forests combined with aquaculture,it only takes a year or tw0 and you could have a self regeneration food forest that requires little to no maintenance once the initial work is done,just a 10 acre property could potentially feed thousands and thousands...

instead we destroy nature and it ability to function and build stupid houses..

I live in the city, and I remember the first time I went to camp and found a rasberry bush. I was so amazed .. you can pick it right off the bush and eat it.. wow.

Its actually sad to think that I should be amazed by this. It should be the way of life.

As an adult, walking around my neighborhood on the outskirts of the city and examining the trees that were chosen for planting, I wonder often - why in the world would they choose trees that do not provide any food? And also when I go hiking in the state park not too far from me, I wonder - why is there such an absence of food bearing plants and trees? Is this done intentionally? What a waste of what can be. One large chestnut tree for instance can provide a ton of food every year.

It's so funny when people think - the people in that country/area are very poor; they have no money. They are poor not because of a lack of money; it's because they don't know how to provide their own life sustenance. They think - I am poor, I need to work for someone so I can make money to buy sustenance. Granted it is not easy to hunt, farm, make a home, or clothes, etc.

I would really like to see knowledge and technology in the area of self-sustaining communities grow. With all the technology we have, we should be able to build communities that can provide ample food, and whatever else, without too much effort to live a comfortable life.
edit on 25-7-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
- John Lennon

This is just another thing proving Lennon right

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I wonder often - why in the world would they choose trees that do not provide any food?

because it looks pretty and people seem to not care and or know any better

It's so funny when people think - the people in that country/area are very poor; they have no money. They are poor not because of a lack of money; it's because they don't know how to provide their own life sustenance.

i couldn't agree more.... what that is called is "organized chaos"....

it really isnt complicated is just requires a bit of know how..and that information is readily available

permaculture is a way of restoring nature back to how it functions,and it does it well and has done for millions of years

why is there such an absence of food bearing plants and trees? Is this done intentionally?

i suspect it is,if we all had the ability to survive and live without big business we would starve them of profits....we the people have the power we just need to realize it

if you are interested in learning more u2u me and will provide you with info....one of these days i will start a thread on it with ample information ...i have the text books i just need the sources from the net which is not as easy as i thought it would be to come by...its a work in progress

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Oh WOW, this is so sad. This is one of the most disheartening pieces of news I've ever heard.
My disappointment in mankind grows everyday.
How could you do that job?,
I'm sorry for those farmers.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Already posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are two sides to this story.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is only allowed to happen because big corperations with deep pockets are buying up polititions left and right. Cartels such as Monsanto, Cargill, and DuPont are pushing their agenda, which is two-fold: dominate the food source for absolute control of the American people, and push forced medication through the use of GMO products, to control the people.

Until you see a person or group of people start pickin off the board members of these cartels, I am afraid nothing will ever happen against them. I wish it were not true, but I'm certain it will take a direct threat of their lives to change things.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is sort of like a story of what happened in the small nursing home in my mom's hometown. They got in a resident whose family couldn't quite cover the monthly fees, but that family had a number of hens. The family asked if they could work out a deal where they would provide enough farm-fresh eggs for each resident who wanted one to have a farm-fresh egg every morning for breakfast. Since almost all of their residents were farm folk who had lived with farm fresh eggs for most of their lives, the nursing home agreed, and for a time everyone was happy.

Then, the inspectors caught wind of it and shut the agreement down and everyone lost all the way around, you know, because those eggs aren't sanitary.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
But you can't allow people to grow their own food and produce fresh milk, etc, otherwise how will the malls, supermarkets, etc possibly maintain their profits for their shareholders?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For too long the decent people of this country and world since we're all on it unfortunately, have been picked on way past the point of no return. It's time for the people that know what's right and just to stand up to these useless bureaucrats and their bribed and bought out right police forces.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Long story short...here in PA, if you grew your own tobacco for your own personal use...dried it and smoked it...you owe the state $13 in tax per carton (200 cigarettes). Not that they would ever find out, but that is how the law is worded. I've been wondering how long it would be before farm markets are treated the same. Or in this case...worse.
edit on 7/25/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There's an easy way to get your non factory eggs, where nobody can take them from you. Get your own chickens. We started with 8 hens, we now have over 70.

It isn't very expensive and there are other benefits, as well as a few drawbacks. The cost of chickens is minimal. Get them young for as little as a few dollars per chick.

If you get them young, you must have a brooder for them. We use a 40 gallon fish tank with a heat lamp. Chick feed pulverized in the blender and a waterer of some type.

When they're old enough (fully feathered, a little over a month old) you can put them into an enclosed yard or into a coup attached to a closed yard. This step is necessary so they learn where home is. Keep them there for a couple of weeks, then start letting them out during the day.

Our operation supplies all the eggs we need, and enough to give to the elderly in our community (to the tune of several dozen per week). In addition to the eggs, the chickens provide a very welcomed pest control service. Grasshoppers are a huge issue around here - but not around our house. Chickens also eat mice, and small snakes.

During the summer, they practically feed themselves.

When winter comes, egg production drops (but does not stop). We process the older birds for meat and so the feed bill is reduced.

Meat, eggs, pest control - and as long as you don't sell anything, nobody will come after your food.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Wow.. really sad.

I don't know how anyone does a job like that with dignity.

---

So whats going on here? Can you explain? It's illegal to run a food coop? You need licensing or something?

Quite right.

There is no dignity in forcing citizens to waste good food that can feed others.

No dignity whatsoever.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

This is the fault of people who think the government has a right to regulate businesses. Their regulations are used by big companies to crush small companies. We are much closer to communism than capitalism and we have been since 1971.

People do not have the right to tell others how to spend or invest THEIR OWN MONEY.

The only fair way to regulate a business is through lawsuits in a civil court system, focusing on voluntary arbitration and mediation. At the moment if you are screwed over by a large company you have little to no recourse because it makes no sense to fight over a $20 issue when the courts cost a bare minimum of $3,000 to fight.

The best way to get companies to play fair is to only shop at places that deserve to exist and only buy items that deserve to exist. If the anti-GMO efforts focused all their anger on buying foods with the GMO-free label, then we would already have them in store shelves and not have to worry about forcing businesses to put things on their food labels against their will.
edit on 25-7-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is terrible indeed. What a waste. This actually reminds me of that instance over in Louisiana when the state of Louisiana health dept. destroyed about $8,000 worth of hunter-donated deer meat that was supposed to go to homeless shelters.

Louisiana Health Officials Destroy 1,600 Pounds of Hunter-Donated Deer Meat

I agree Jude. There is absolutely no dignity in forcing citizens to waste perfectly good food that can feed others. Stuff like this never ever makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
the Hawaiians (and likely many others) have the saying: the land is power.
throughout the cultural history of any nation on this planet, disempowerment of the people has been dependent upon monopolization of food supplies....otherwise - if people can feed themselves freely, and healthily, they need only eachother.
SO, WE ONLY NEED EACH OTHER.

LOVE∞

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
are they fighting this ? I would contribute to a fund to help them fight this. This is staggering. They weren't given a reason ? That has to be illegal

oh wait, the corporations write the laws

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You ask "how"?!?!
Seriously....

First Religion
Then later on Politics and fear....

Simple

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was pretty sure the laws that governed this stuff were targeted towards selling these products. I don't understand the grounds if this food was being given away. Anyone know the actual laws on this cause this is crap if that wasn't just a mistake of over stepping on the officers part. And how do we have time and money in Detroit to monitor and stop food from being delivered but we can take care of needed programs

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join