It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to Americans defending Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This seems to be a thread of people who dislike Israel telling everyone why people who like Isreal do so.

Im leaving.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
This seems to be a thread of people who dislike Israel telling everyone why people who like Isreal do so.

Im leaving.

Well then get your view out, no point in going into a thread just to post "Im leaving", tell us why you support them.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I support Israel's right to defend itself however it wishes, I also defend the Palestinians right to retaliate however they wish.

Israel must fight for existence in a region where they are surrounded by enemies.

For such a tiny country, one has to ask... Is it worth it?

I think Israel and the region must determine their own fate. Israel must stand alone... Or fall alone. Live by the sword, die by the sword....

We should not be involved, either militarily, or financially. Let them find a peaceful way to coexist in the region, or die trying.

imo
edit on 24-7-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

And now we see why you cannot have an intelligent discussion of this emotional issue.

Not one person said to dislike Jews...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Oh I know not all follow the good book blindly. As an American and a man some what well versed in Christianity I think Israel is led by pure evil. I'd go as far to say that the Jews had a hand in gaining Christin support in the Bible. Many Israelis/Jews see the friendship as a one way street that they themselves wouldn't venture down to save a Christians skin.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

But to answer your underlying question why support Israel? It is no so much supporting Israel as it is opposing the evil that Islamic Jihad is. Who better to be on that front line than God's chosen people?

If you insist to only highlight one part of my paragraph then it is obvious you don't have the grey matter to grasp the meaning.

Right cause you're one to talk, because regurgitating tired talking points shows intellect.....

3 faiths of Abraham..... all trying to explain the same thing .....all chopping each other's heads off. BRILLIANT!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

So voice and defend your opinion It's an internet forum whats the worst that could happen?
edit on 24-7-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If you said you loved humans, should I, through extension, say that some people are bad, so you therefore love wickedness?

English?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I feel sorry for Jews after what happened to them with the nazis

But with all this going on, I'm finding it harder to find the difference between them and the nazis at this moment in time, yeh the Palestinians ain't going to the gas chambers by the train load but still

And with the shelling of the UN school and hospitals I'm starting to really dislike them a lot

link   
Double post

edit on 24 7 2014 by Thefarmer because: (no reason given)

link   
Every country has its flaws. Interesting that you took the time to make Israels flaws all nice and orderly. But the real deal is that America has probably done more harm then any other country. I don't see you creating a thread about that, what about Iraq's flaws, or North Korea, or Europe, or Australia, or any other country...And the fact that you used HISTORY to point out why "we back Israel" is even funnier. A quick google search can show you the mistakes from other countries..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
Every country has its flaws. Interesting that you took the time to make Israels flaws all nice and orderly. But the real deal is that America has probably done more harm then any other country. I don't see you creating a thread about that, what about Iraq's flaws, or North Korea, or Europe, or Australia, or any other country...And the fact that you used HISTORY to point out why "we back Israel" is even funnier. A quick google search can show you the mistakes from other countries..

Well then if you feel so strongly about those other countries flaws I suggest you make a thread about them. I made this thread to ask a question, that you totally ignored, to get some insight as to why people would support a country that has used terrorism against them.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Im not a US citizen so im probably not qualified to answer your question...

But i have a question for you...

If you are really hurt by Americas devotion to Israel, dont you think that you'd be spending less time and effort on ATS and more on trying to get into political arena and become a politician and change US policy in mid east!?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Im not a US citizen so im probably not qualified to answer your question...

But i have a question for you...

If you are really hurt by Americas devotion to Israel, dont you think that you'd be spending less time and effort on ATS and more on trying to get into political arena and become a politician and change US policy in mid east!?

Good question but I think you misunderstand, I am asking why members here support them, I am not looking for a political career. It is a simple question why do members here support a state that used terrorism against them?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster
Well he/she is not filthy rich so it wont happen. Only the highest bidder gets a chance of holding office.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

Great Point Except...

America is criticized far and wide in this World.

It seems if you don't blindly follow Israel. You will be attacked.

I understand history. I don't understand the the requirement to blindly follow.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Because I believe in my people's right to self-determination. I'm a jew so it's pretty straight forward for me.

I'm also a supporter of statehood for Palestinians Arabs, provided that statehood doesn't come at the expense of our Jewish statehood. It's no secret to anyone who has spent time in the region that Palestinians face persecution and segregation in the existing Arab states, so it makes sense to me that they'd want to be independant of them as well. I think we could be good neighbors; I've been to some of the shared spaces in Area B and everyone seems to get on fine. (Area B = the parts of the territories currently under joint Israeli and Palestinian control. There are rivers and parks and such there that are frequented by both people, and yes both Arabs and Jews swim together, picnic in the same spots, share bathrooms and locker rooms, etc.)

So no, Israel isn't perfect, and it's subject to the same power plays and corruption as any nation - but it's my second home. The USA has also done and does a lot of stupid things, but I love this country and the people in it anyway...Same principle applies to Israel for me.

The grass really isn't any greener on the other side (ie, the Palestinian militias are far from being angels), and while i'm sorry for any innocents caught in the middle i'm not sorry that we have the advanced technology to defend ourselves. War is hell, and we're fighting an existential battle. Hamas has made it clear that want the destruction of Israel, not just their own state but their own state in place of Israel. That's not a reasonable request and most Americans can probably agree, so the conflict between Israel and such militias is not reason to end the close defense alliance between Israel and the US. And most Israelis I know love the US and love Americans, so the affection goes both ways.

Hope that makes sense...I'm new to the board and told myself I wasn't going to spend a lot of time in Israel/Palestine threads because i'm too close to the issue, yet here I go commenting anyway. ;p

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I always thought that the reason is that America is like a 2nd Isreal. All the finacial institutions, entertainment industries etc...all run by Jews. This country here seems more and more to be here to serve and save them and their reasonings and purposes.

Apparently what we're not getting is one will have an extremely hard time existing without the other. Both countries sit in the palms of the other I think.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a good question... I believe it has to do with propaganda and programming on emotional intelligence level

simple, eh?

edit: something nazis did very well with their german sheep
edit on 24-7-2014 by donhuangenaro because: something nazis did very well with their german sheep

also: recently I read that it is scientifically proven that it is impossible to prove to a stupid person that he/she is stupid because he/she's IQ is to low to comprehend it... so I believe it has to do with IQ level of the person in question

edit on 24-7-2014 by donhuangenaro because: ...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kinneret

I know it is everybody's Holy Land.

Seriously, why doesn't Israel just move to Belize.

I mean, they have the money to build an exact replica of the Temple Mount.

The neighbors couldn't be any worse. Or better yet some uninhabited island ?

It seems really silly in the big picture to fight over Desert.

edit on 24-7-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join