It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chart showing 5,885 years of history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Found an absolutely stonking great big chart of world history from 4004 b.c. up to 1881 a.d.

A huge and impressive twenty three foot long chart showing 5,885 years of history, from 4004 B.C.. to 1881 A.D. First issued in 1871, Adams put out several editions in many formats. Rosenberg and Grafton in "Cartographies of Time" say that as a timeline, Adams Synchronological Chart "was ninetheenth-century America's surpassing achievement in complexity and synthetic power."

Everything is in there from Adam & Eve to the Stone Age to the Rosetta Stone to Noah's Ark to the Great Wall of China to Solomon's Temple to the Roman Empire etc. all the way to Victorian England 1881. Phew!
Its a Hi-Res Scan of a hand drawn chart so theres hours upon hours of reading to be had.

The original is 23 feet long!

If you like your old maps or charts this is for you
Here's the link adam's synchronological chart

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Found an absolutely stonking great big chart of world history from 4004 b.c. up to 1881 a.d.

A huge and impressive twenty three foot long chart showing 5,885 years of history, from 4004 B.C.. to 1881 A.D. First issued in 1871, Adams put out several editions in many formats. Rosenberg and Grafton in "Cartographies of Time" say that as a timeline, Adams Synchronological Chart "was ninetheenth-century America's surpassing achievement in complexity and synthetic power."

Everything is in there from Adam & Eve to the Stone Age to the Rosetta Stone to Noah's Ark to the Great Wall of China to Solomon's Temple to the Roman Empire etc. all the way to Victorian England 1881. Phew!
Its a Hi-Res Scan of a hand drawn chart so theres hours upon hours of reading to be had.

The original is 23 feet long!

If you like your old maps or charts this is for you
Here's the link adam's synchronological chart

But isn't this a rather creationist map of history? I agree it is a beautiful and well worked piece of art but...

Also the zoom doesn't seem to work for me, however I found a site where it does work, at least for now. For those people for whom the zoom doesn't work on the OP link you can try the following link as it seems to work quite well.

adams chronological map
edit on 24-7-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Adam and Eve, and Noahs Ark, never happened.
Nice piece of art. But not for use as a historical document.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Ah so certain LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yes i should have added that its a creationist chart of history
According to it Adam & Eve were around 4004 years ago!
And i know they were'nt around at all, but...

But as a work of art its superb

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Yes, so certain. How come you doubt it?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to Astyanax

maybe because nobody her was around back then to say for sure either way. Its dishonest to phrase a belief as if it were fact. Whether it's in support of or not in support of something.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Quite right. It is also dishonest to deny a fact by pretending it's a belief.

There were no Adam and Eve. Even the mitochondrial 'Eve' and the Y-chromosomal Adam lived thousands of years apart. There was no Noah's Ark because there was no flood. These are known facts, even if superstitious people choose to deny them. Scientirically established facts are not matters of opinion.

People are welcome to their religious beliefs, but they are not entitled to float lies in support of them.

edit on 26/7/14 by Astyanax because: of a floater.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well that sucks. I can't seem to get a good look at it from my mobile device. I even downloaded the 85mb file but when I tried to open it it wouldn't let me open it. I guess I need to try viewing it from a laptop or pic unless anyone has any advice. Still thanks for sharing this!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
Yes the mitochondrial eve and the y chromosome Adam that we know each of us share dna with lived thousands of years apart. But who was the one having sex with while their generations waited for the other to show up? Animals? No, human history goes back further than this mitochondrial eve and y chromosomal Adam you speak of. Their bloodlines just do not exist anymore. It's not like mmitochondrial eve was the very first human female and chromosomal y Adam was the first male.

Anyway, I realize and respect that people have different beliefs and different interpretations of what a fact is...not so long ago, carbon dating was a fact. I don'twant tthis to turn into a let's prove or disprove religion or the bible thread. Of course a document made over a hundred years ago was not put to the standards we have today and could not benefit from discoveries made since, so I know this cchart isn't 100% true history anyway. And I'm not trying to have the last word or declare a victory of any kind and you're free to reply with anything on your mind but I will not derail this thread any further and I hope yyou have a nice day sir/ma'am.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Actually it kind of is a historical document because it is a piece of history and details what some people believed at that time in human history. Just like the art that hangs in cathedrals are a piece of history. Maybe it's better to say it doesn't portray an accurate documentation of history. But then what does? Everything man made including science is subject to bias.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I'm not going to argue with you. You have opinions. I give you facts.

top topics

join