It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Vatican withholding or destroyng important documents of other religions?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Could their archives contain important religious documents of many other religions and withold it to supress true spirituality from the masses or hide anything that makes anything noncatholic seem more credible than them? Perhaps even info on lost religions we do not even know about are in there as well?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Well, the Vatican have bastardised their own religion pretty effectively over the years, so I very much doubt that the cancerous organisation concerned, would have had a moments hesitation in keeping documents and artefacts from other religions under lock and key, with disastrous consequences for all concerned.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Considering each religion and it's 'other' specific denominations all have their own 'true' form of holy book, I'd say no.
The catholic church is nothing more than a glorified and stricter denomination of Christianity. And it got to power through might, betrayal, and just shear numbers of followers, that and well, the Roman empire adopted it, so it won.

If they did have other texts from other religions then it very well might hold key information that has been lost in crusades, conquests, looting, etc that has happened in it's history. But, I doubt it would be anything beyond Judaism of Islam, and nothing they probably don't know.

You must remember that most of the texts and books you see today are compilations of either many other books, or word of mouth.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It would not surprise me in the least.

Consider that there are more gospels than were placed in the "good" book.

From what I understand is that they destroyed anything "pagan" that was not useful to thier purpose, kept art and personal writings etc.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes but their archives are so vast Its easy to doubt it being all useles junk accumulated.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I would say, YES. Pope Gregory the 13th knew too many things about the origins of the Mayan calendar, and its connection to the hebrew meter in the OT.

I touch upon the structure of the Gregorian calendar in my research:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

First we shall take notice of the popular Mayan end date of 12/21/12. This day just so happens to be the 355th day of the Gregorian year, but only on leap years. Remeber, that 355 is the average length of the Lunar year. Then, on 9/16/2016, which is the Mayan end date that I postulated, the Gregorian calendar aligns again on the 260th day with the Biblical Feast of Trumpets. Again, this alignment only occurs on leap years. So, we have a two fold alignment with the 355 day year lunar year, and the 260 day Tzolkin year.

I believe the Vatican probably has ancient Mayan documents that disappeared during the "New World" discovery. It is also possible that the Vatican is hiding the original Paleo-Hebrew manuscripts of the Old Testament.

I cant think of any other explanation for Pope Gregory's knowledge. They must be hiding something.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Could their archives contain important religious documents of many other religions and withold it to supress true spirituality from the masses or hide anything that makes anything noncatholic seem more credible than them? Perhaps even info on lost religions we do not even know about are in there as well?

I can't speak for the Vatican of hundreds of years ago, but the Vatican of today is pretty intent on preserving academic and historical works. I've a friend who has a PhD in Medieval literature and he's accessed the Vatican library extensively for research and not only has he not had any roadblocks, but they were very eager to help him including works about the Medici Popes, Multiple popes, the Cathar persecution, and many other things that don't put the church in a very nice light.

I honestly doubt that there is a huge conspiracy to hide "true spirituality" from the masses. Of course one cannot logically prove a negative so I cannot say for certain that there is not a secret vault that hides the great secrets like in the Constantine comic books, but there you go.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Absolute power corrupts absolutely ... they believe they have absolute power over the spiritual people - nuff said

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Definite big yes. They would have kept copies of all they have burnt through the ages. Wouldn't mind seeing the original third fatima secret as well. Where's my FOI form.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That's sort of been the method of the church for centuries although I wouldn't think it fair to place it all squarely on the Catholics. All of the Abrahamic faiths have been guilty of destroying temples, texts, and artifacts to "prove" their gods are the "one true gods".

It's a shame because, historically, it feels like the equivalent of somebody knocking you out, them rummaging and pillaging your home, then waking up with amnesia. You know you are missing things but you aren't quite sure what it is. Extremely frustrating and gives me a vicarious sense of being violated.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

What were his requirements for entry? Im aware people can enter with permission but dont you have to already know what you are looking for and it should be known something exists to begin with? Is he allowed to roam unatended?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

That's sort of been the method of the church for centuries although I wouldn't think it fair to place it all squarely on the Catholics. All of the Abrahamic faiths have been guilty of destroying temples, texts, and artifacts to "prove" their gods are the "one true gods".

It's a shame because, historically, it feels like the equivalent of somebody knocking you out, them rummaging and pillaging your home, then waking up with amnesia. You know you are missing things but you aren't quite sure what it is. Extremely frustrating and gives me a vicarious sense of being violated.

Well, in all fairness, that's been the MO of all religion since the dawn of time. Norse pagans did it, Celtic pagans did it, Egyptian pagans did it, the only true eclectic pagan society was Rome and they didn't care what or who you worshipped as long as you included the Emperor in your pantheon. If you didn't you were burnt out and persecuted too.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What were his requirements for entry? Im aware people can enter with permission but dont you have to already know what you are looking for and it should be known something exists to begin with? Is he allowed to roam unatended?

Well published and well respected PhD. He's an atheist but it didn't matter. He initially sent a request for his first subject and was permitted access and was helped find the materials needed. After that, the custodians (or whatever they call themselves) knew him and he was able to go back several times for research projects. It helps to be a published academian and not a crank to get access.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Yes, i am aware of destruction done by many faiths but the archives is for preservation and even if not original texts and objects there would still be accounts of their destruction and possible descriptions. This is signifigant not by passing blame but by what was hidden and destroyed could be shed into light but this is not seemingly openly presented. There is much to gain.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yes but what was his subject of research? If they require knowing what is being researched they can reject someone if they do not see the subject as being fit to their liking.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Whatever the Catholic church has kept under lock and key, that no one gets to see, is only part of the big picture. You have the Mormons, with their mountain fortress, as well as underground ones, I'm sure. Then you have Scientology, which is also rumored to have "stuff" stashed away in their own bunker. As well as other religious institutions throughout the world. On top of all that, you have governments worldwide withholding information from the masses.

Same M.O. different Millenium.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If you'll notice, there is an entire lack of any ancient materialistic or pagan philosophy. Epicurus, Democritus, Pyrrho, Anaxagoras—their works are either missing or fragmented. The same goes with the Indian and Arab materialist philosophies, which have all but vanished. I don't think any sort of authority are hiding these works, but at the very least, they were suppressed, destroyed or left to rot over time.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Is the Vatican withholding or destroyng important documents of other religions?
Maybe they are, we cant trust them with our kids, how can we trust them with anything else??????

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I doubt it. I think that people give the Vatican too much 'conspiracy' cred.
And there is never any solid evidence to support the Tom Horns of the planet ...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Short answer maybe tending towards no

Long answer considering how many times the Vatican has been looted I would say the chances of their having anything substantial is rather low

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join