It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Playing "Hide and Seek" with its Nuke Program

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
"US slams Iran for restricting IAEA access to military sites

WASHINGTON (AFP) Dec 02, 2004
The United States on Thursday denounced Iran for not allowing inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to visit military sites suspected of housing work on nuclear weapons.
The State Department said the denial of access to the two sites, despite Tehran's repeated insistence that it is not developing nuclear arms and vows to cooperate with the IAEA, was "an anomaly in Iran's behavior."

"The issue here is Iran's commitments to transparency, Iran's commitments to openness, Iran's repeated statements that they're not seeking to develop nuclear weapons and how Iran can build confidence in the world that they're indeed sincere and true," spokesman Richard Boucher said.

"One would think that if they really wanted to demonstrate to the world that they were not developing nuclear weapons, they would have absolutely no problem at all in allowing inspections of any facility, anywhere, on any suspicion, on any grounds, because they would have nothing to hide," he told reporters.

"We expect Iran to provide prompt and unrestricted access to the International Atomic Energy Agency," Boucher said. "This is an issue where Iran needs to try to demonstrate the truth and sincerity of its statements.

"If Iran truly has nothing to hide, one would expect them not only to comply, but to do so with gusto," he said.

Earlier Thursday at IAEA headquarters in Vienna, diplomats said Iran was refusing to allow inspectors to visit the Parchin military site southeast of Tehran where there may have been nuclear weapons technology testing.

They also said the inspectors were legally restricted from checking out buildings at a location in northeast Tehran known as Lavizan-II where Iranian resistance spokesmen have said secret uranium enrichment was allegedly going on."

Link
www.spacewar.com...

The ink isn't dry on the last "Lie" and Iran is already playing games with the Inspectors. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Iran must be stopped..........

More news from the UN!

"Lack of "unrestricted access" hindering UN nuclear inspection of Iran

VIENNA (AFP) Dec 02, 2004
A clause dropped from a UN resolution on Iran this week calling for "unrestricted access" is now haunting UN inspectors as they investigate Tehran's nuclear program, diplomats and analysts said Thursday.

Link

www.spacewar.com...

[edit on 3-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Syria must be happy that the evil eye of Washington is looking at Teheran.

Sep

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think they are right in not allowing the inspectors in the military bases. I mean the line is there and should not be crossed. They have visited every nuclear plant and site and now they want to go too military bases? No country in the world would allow that. If tommorow IAEA asked to enter area 51 would the US government allow it? Or would they allow just any military base to be checked? The fact is that IAEA inspectors have finished inspecting and have found nothing. They are now trying to just push their luck and see how far they can go. When China, Russia, US, Israel, Australia and every other "free" nation opened all their military bases for the public to see, then and only then can they ask Iran to allow inspectors in Military bases.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is just USA making case for war. I don't think any country will allow to visit to their military site.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by netscape
This is just USA making case for war. I don't think any country will allow to visit to their military site.

Id have to agree with you about this one. News like this has been flooding our information channels for months now. The government is just softening us up to the idea of war with Iran. Yet agian, that idiot cowboy president wants to go to war and stick his nose in other countries business. This is just his way of saying "Hey, look everybody! Iran is going to bomb America to hell and back if we dont go over thier and wipe out the country!" I have found that propaganda and presidential opinion go hand in hand.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by netscape

I will have to agree with that quote too, it smells like Saddam and Iraq US case to me.

I hope that the present administration do not under estimate the Iranian people like it did to the Iraqis.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey, are you willing to take the chance that Iran can get the technology to bomb the US?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Hey, are you willing to take the chance that Iran can get the technology to bomb the US?

Are you willing to undertake another mistake like the Iraq, after all you brake it you own it, now we have to support feed and take care of the entire nation of Iraq, until they can get an economy going and we are running our own country on a deficit with not end.

US goes into Iran, with not enough troops or attack that country causing thousands of death US will become liable for the reconstruction of yes another country.

We are not financially stable to do that, I don't think the American public will be very happy this time.

Just a thought.

Sorry got Iraq and Iran mix.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Look at the alternative, how many millions are you will to gamble with? Lives not dollars. Iran IS a terrorist state. Are you willing to gamble the lives of 100 million americans? Iraq was no mistake either. Saddam murdred thousands, used WMD's against his own people. Is that better?

Do some research about Iran. The data is out there. Iraq and Afganistan were just a warm up for the real threat IRAN.........

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The common thinking for Bush supporters is that Iran is a terrorist state. This may be true, but what no one (Bush supporters) will coment on is what gives USA the right to impose thier will on another country? I can understand doing so if the country in question has attacked us, but Iran hasnt. So what gives us the right to go in there and kill thier political leaders? Thier citizens? Nothing gives us that right. They are people just as you and I are people. I dont agree with some of thier views, but that doesnt mean that I want to go in there and take over the country.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Look at the alternative, how many millions are you will to gamble with? Lives not dollars. Iran IS a terrorist state. Are you willing to gamble the lives of 100 million americans? Iraq was no mistake either. Saddam murdred thousands, used WMD's against his own people. Is that better?

Do some research about Iran. The data is out there. Iraq and Afganistan were just a warm up for the real threat IRAN.........

A paranoia driven nation. Iran has and never will be a threat. Iran have NEVER invaded another country without being attacked first, check your history.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Iran (persia) has invaded and destroyed many countries. Yes, they have been quiet for a few millenia. Point---Iran has been exporting terrorisim for 25 years now. The "clerics" are in control. What part of "death to america" being chanted in the streets don't you understand. Iran is a threat..............

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Actually I did a research in the history and very impressive history taking in consideration that their lands together with the Iraq lands can be call the cradle of civilization.

And I did post on another thread a very detail post with link on their structural government very impressive also.

Saddam was a totalitarian government, but Iran is not, their government structure is very organized and it works for them.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually I did a research in the history and very impressive history taking in consideration that their lands together with the Iraq lands can be call the cradle of civilization.

And I did post on another thread a very detail post with link on their structural government very impressive also.

Saddam was a totalitarian government, but Iran is not, their government structure is very organized and it works for them.

I would dispute that "it works for them". I agree Iran has more freedom than Iraq ever did, but, there are still the "clerics" making very inflamitory statments against Israel and America. Nukes will give them the ability to act on those threats. That can not be allowed.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To those who claim Iran is not a threat to anyone and only desires peaceful co-existence, further those that claim Iran has only a nuclear power prodution desire and not weapons ambitions. Finally to those that claim Iran needs nuclear weapons to fend off other countries in a purely defensive manner.

These are the words of Rafsanjani 12/14/01,

RAFSANJANI SAYS MUSLIMS SHOULD USE NUCLEAR WEAPON AGAINST ISRAEL

"If a day comes when the world of Islam is duly equipped with the arms Israel has in possession, the strategy of colonialism would face a stalemate because application of an atomic bomb would not leave any thing in Israel but the same thing would just produce damages in the Muslim world", Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani told the crowd at the traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.

Analysts said not only Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani�s speech was the strongest against Israel, but also this is the first time that a prominent leader of the Islamic Republic openly suggests the use of nuclear weapons against the Jewish State.

Iran Press Service

When the #2 cleric in the Iranian mullacracy has threatened the use of nuclear weapons and given the state of the Iranian nuclear facilities along with an advanced missile program it is negligent to sit back and do nothing.

The mullahs of Iran would be smart to take a page from Qaddafi's book and renounce all WMD programs. With such a move they would never have to fear an Israeli or US air raid inside of Iran - continuing on the path they are on now assures some kind of action will be taken - its kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Will Iran be the first suicidal bomber constituting an entire country - are the Mullahs that crazy?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
To those who claim Iran is not a threat to anyone and only desires peaceful co-existence, further those that claim Iran has only a nuclear power prodution desire and not weapons ambitions. Finally to those that claim Iran needs nuclear weapons to fend off other countries in a purely defensive manner.

These are the words of Rafsanjani 12/14/01,

RAFSANJANI SAYS MUSLIMS SHOULD USE NUCLEAR WEAPON AGAINST ISRAEL

"If a day comes when the world of Islam is duly equipped with the arms Israel has in possession, the strategy of colonialism would face a stalemate because application of an atomic bomb would not leave any thing in Israel but the same thing would just produce damages in the Muslim world", Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani told the crowd at the traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.

Analysts said not only Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani�s speech was the strongest against Israel, but also this is the first time that a prominent leader of the Islamic Republic openly suggests the use of nuclear weapons against the Jewish State.

Iran Press Service

When the #2 cleric in the Iranian mullacracy has threatened the use of nuclear weapons and given the state of the Iranian nuclear facilities along with an advanced missile program it is negligent to sit back and do nothing.

The mullahs of Iran would be smart to take a page from Qaddafi's book and renounce all WMD programs. With such a move they would never have to fear an Israeli or US air raid inside of Iran - continuing on the path they are on now assures some kind of action will be taken - its kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Will Iran be the first suicidal bomber constituting an entire country - are the Mullahs that crazy?

Well Iraq getting rid of it's WMD didn't work out too well for it. So what could convince Iran that getting rid of it's programs would be a way it could save itself from invasion? The UN showed it has no power over the US and i doubt Iran would trust the US itself. Which is a pitty because they may see the furthur development of these programs as a way to save themselves from invasion, instead of the safer more peaceful route.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
B.S.

Iran is evil alright, but this president surpasses him. Days after Iran claimed they would stop production of WMD's, George now says they have the Death Star. More intelligence from Bush. Dont worry, George, you talked millions into the new war. The sheep will follow you and yours into Armageddon. No problem.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Please help me understand what PROOF you need to aknowledge IRAN is seeking Nukes, missiles, and intends on using them. This is not a "chicken little sydrome here". Iran has said many times it will nuke when it has the capability.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Where have they said that? in the post i quoted they said it would cause a stalemate, in other word a MAD detterent. I'm sure they would rattle the sabre if they got nukes but they aren't so stupid that they wouldn't realise there wouldn't be much left of their culture or the mid east if they actually used them.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hmm.... We (USA) have Nukes. I guess Russia should just invade our country and take them from us? I love the one way street that we are on.

[edit on 12/3/04 by Kidfinger]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join