It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What tech. do you think will change the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Right then...I have a new idea to revolutionise things...Now you guys may laugh at me but just think for a moment, how many keystrokes do you make in a day

Why not design a computer keyboard that converts the mechanical energy of each keystroke into a transferrable electrical energy that could be stored and re-used and then sent down the cable/optical/copper wire to a central or localised storage centre.
I know...we all use touchscreens now...dammit, I am 25 years too late breaking the ground

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

The Industrial Revolution was THE life changing event for the human race, that will never be suppased.
The words of eminent scientists and historian sum up the Industrial Revolution completely, and i quote:-

" The onset of the Industrial Revolution is the most important event in the history of humanity since the domestication of animals and plants "

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure but I think the development of language would be pretty high too, as well as the discovery of fire and the invention of the wheel.
a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The Industrial Revolution was THE life changing event for the human race, that will never be suppased.
The words of eminent scientists and historian sum up the Industrial Revolution completely, and i quote:-

" The onset of the Industrial Revolution is the most important event in the history of humanity since the domestication of animals and plants "

I disagree. It changed the quantity of life but not the quality. Before the industrial revolution, people worked hard as peasants. After the industrial revolution, people still work hard as peasants.

The potential for it to change the world for the better was there. We could have used it to springboard an entire way of societal life but all we did is privatize, exploit, and enslave just as we did before it. Not to sound cliche but the rich got richer and the poor stayed poor. It just enhanced humanity's ability to screw over one another.

That's why I said that whatever fixes the world's problem will have to be absolute. Like 100% free and infinite energy. If it's free and it can't run out, it can't be used to leverage others into a life of serfdom.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: alldaylong

I disagree. It changed the quantity of life but not the quality. Before the industrial revolution, people worked hard as peasants. After the industrial revolution, people still work hard as peasants.

The potential for it to change the world for the better was there. We could have used it to springboard an entire way of societal life but all we did is privatize, exploit, and enslave just as we did before it. Not to sound cliche but the rich got richer and the poor stayed poor. It just enhanced humanity's ability to screw over one another.

That's why I said that whatever fixes the world's problem will have to be absolute. Like 100% free and infinite energy. If it's free and it can't run out, it can't be used to leverage others into a life of serfdom.

I think you are missing the point. You are focusing on just the economic impact of The Industrial Revolution, who got what and who didn't.

The most important factor is .........How The World Changed.

It gave us Medicines, Chemicals, Transportation, Textiles. Machine Tools etc. The list is endless. It changed THE WAY WE LIVE.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-7-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Since no one braved it yet, I'll offer up.....

What if the technology is something that allows us to communicate with ET

That might just be the kick in the ass the world has to come.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug
Since no one braved it yet, I'll offer up.....

What if the technology is something that allows us to communicate with ET

That might just be the kick in the ass the world has to come.

Well, if by revolutionise you mean...completely put us at the mercy of, I would agree

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: ChefSlug

Here is my contender for something which,If manipulated to our desires,could be the bridge which truly integrates us with the digital realm and thus puts the singularity within reach for those who persue it.

It is the bacteria which survives by "eating"electrons-Although recycling electrons is more accurate.However,these could one day be put to our use inside the body,the earth and the atmosphere-because they make chains or lines where electrons are transported!

See my thread on the phenomena here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that could be harnessed,we could have organic networks existing everywhere symbiotically with the environment-using the electrons in nature to "become" the network.Everywhere.
That is what I think could happen...for good or bad.

Personally,give me a log cabin in the woods and a simple lifestyle in tune with nature any day over the borg future,but hey I am old fashioned.
Whadda I know?

They might be able to teach those bacteria a language of binary impulses of electricity and educate the bacteria.

Imagine if instead of AI it was BI

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Morphogenesis
Morphogenesis is the biological process that causes an organism to develop its shape. It is one of three fundamental aspects of developmental biology along with the control of cell growth and cellular differentiation

Morphic Resonance Integrator v.1 , download it to know how now !!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953

originally posted by: CitizenJack
In the next 5-10 years it will be the 3-D printer. Just think... oh I need a new house key because i lost mine, I'll just upload it and print a new one. Oh boy those clips for my headliner in my car are $ 50 a piece at the dealership, I'll just print one. Need a 13 mm wrench?? Just print it.

And that not going in to advanced printers that can print electronic components. The printers are already reasonable priced.

After that it will be nano- technology and quantum computing's turn, shortly followed by crazy medical break troughs followed by the final goal, Artificial intelligence. JMHO

I think your opinion is spot on for the near future. Just think of how the replicator revolutionized society in Star Trek. 3-D printing isn't even remotely on par with a replicator, but it will still, most likely change the world for the better.

.... and then you lost me with the final goal being AI. Do you want to have your face melted by Skynet? I think you do.

That made me chuckle.

Skynet cant melt my face tho,
because I am skynet.....

edit on 24-7-2014 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I like your thread and often think the same.

However, sadly our issues aren't created by the lack of technology, but rather our priorities as a society.

We have the technology and the resources to feed every child in the world already. However, we decided that monetary motivation is of a higher priority than helping others a long time ago.

With that said , I would think the biggest technological impact to society would be a country governed by a quantum computer.

Where the people would be able to vote and lobby their elected officials with equal priority on all issues and not just the few with the most money. This would take away the power from the few corporations that dictate our laws, ans our actions today. Perhaps than the laws will benefit the many and not the few. Perhaps as well it would stop the manufactured wars around the world.

Fantasy, I know. We might actually have a better chance of Aliens existing and wanting to rescue us from our evil leaders.

edit on 33731America/ChicagoThu, 24 Jul 2014 17:33:33 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
FTL, Zero-Point Energy, AI, Worm-Hole/Warp-Drive

That pretty much sums it up

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
accepted accepted accepted aup cii, interesting

Advanced Autonomous Artificial Intelligence and Cosmic Advanced Autonomous Artificial Intelligence could be existing already biological intelligence would be

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A big fat reset button?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

I love this

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Clarity
Biological Intelligence would be biological existing lifeforms with intelligence

edit on 7/24/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I understand society is the problem right now, not technology. But the rate society is moving nothing if not very little is going to change rapidly. Law of Mathematical Integration What if we harnessed the power of ressurrection? Would people knowing they could come back to life change the world?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Do any of you really think that in the present system you would be granted access to any real world changing technology? If a drug company invented a tablet that cured all illnesses and was cheap to buy, what would they do-sell it for a fair price and put themselves out of business, or bury it and keep selling the same old sh** for huge profits? As for AI and robotics, why would any capitalist want them? Third world kiddies can make those trainers cheaper than any robot, and if they die, no expensive repairs needed, just get a new one.

My suggestions for fixing the world:
1. Limit all patents to 5 years after which anyone can produce whatever it is-that will keep us advancing and end monopolies.
2. Limit maximum incomes worldwide-trickle down economics doesn't work -scraps of beef from a millionaires table and scraps of caviar from a billionaires table are still just scraps. We should all be sat at the same table, even if we don't get to carve.
3. Have politicians explain things and propose solutions, but take action based on mass internet based voting. En masse, we are pretty smart, and if we make the wrong decision, we'll have no-one to blame but ourselves.

Who knows, if we did this we may one day get advanced tech that wasn't just attached to the military's newest killbot.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Perhaps if they experienced things
many of this world of current may not wish too...
1 would think many would try
There forms may be different speculating, but the consciousness may not
got to remember the SON even though many deny he is said to return with army
Who knows where those Energies originated from and in what forms they may have once possessed
Cycles of energy it would seem.

edit on 7/24/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lawman27
All that is great, and I think were it not for the fact that we were so entrenched in our present situation it would probably work. However a mass vote on the world stage about world politics would probably result in
A) Mass extermination of anyone not a Muslim
B) Mass extermination of anyone not a person against Muslims.
C) Anyone not affiliated to one of those sides. I refer to point 3.
Point 1. is a must for sure, in fact didn't tesla industries decide to do this not long ago?
Point 2. Agreed, but let's be honest, we should, in some way, benefit those who benefit the world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join