It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Coalition Government Collapses as 2 Parties Quit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

and in 2010 Yanukovych declined to join NATO.

Countries are free to join / affiliate with NATO and they are free to choose not to. Russia on the other hand forces the issues.

Russia is the one making the situation unstable by intervening inside Ukraine in an effort to prop up Russian special forces leading the revolt.

The Russian economy is in the crapper, and with the next round of sanctions coming up targeting businesses and sectors, its going to take a massive hit. Putin is loosing support from his oligarchs who are now in danger of loosing money via sanctions and closed markets.

They would express concern but apparently doing that in Russia can result in trumped up charges and prison time. Putin is not a leader... He is a political suicide bomber that is bound and determined to take everyone down with him.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I am surprised there a few Pro NATO around here judging the fact and considering how NATO has left Libya in an hellhole and what else are you going to be Pro EU and austerity supporter?

So why do you think NATO has to do anything for a country that isn't part of them?

It's all geo-political chess, and the west doesn't want Russia to grow in power, which a Russia-aligned Ukraine would do. Same with Syria and Iran.

Look up Brezinski's book "Global Chessboard" and Ukraine:

"“Geopolitical pivots are the states whose importance is derived not from their power and motivation but rather from their sensitive location… which in some cases gives them a special role in either defining access to important areas or in denying resources to a significant player.”

“Ukraine, Azerbaijan, South Korea, Turkey and Iran play the role of critically important geopolitical pivots,” he wrote in The Grand Chessboard, a book viewed by many as a blueprint for US world domination.

Brzezinski wrote that Eurasia is “the chessboard on which the struggle for global primacy continues to be played,” and that “it is imperative that no Eurasian challenger emerges, capable of dominating Eurasia and thus also of challenging America.”

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well it looks like the fascist who took over are having a hard time keeping their illegal government together. All those far right wing parties are now fighting with each other for power. I hope they are enjoying all that western money given to them to over throw the actual government in the first place. Ukraine is blowing up in the face of the EU and America.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: freedomwv

Well it looks like the fascist who took over are having a hard time keeping their illegal government together.

Illegal government you say?

Were they not voted in democratically, and if they are so illegal why does Putin recognize them as the legitimate government?

Also the parliament that you think is so illegal was left over from the prior president, so then they had to be illegal then also or did they magically become that way?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It's all geo-political chess, and the west doesn't want Russia to grow in power, which a Russia-aligned Ukraine would do. Same with Syria and Iran.

Nobody is trying to keep Russia from growing, but when you decide to try and overthrow a sovereign nation because of a lie then yes the west will have something to say.

Now how long has Ukraine been away from Russia, and doesn't it seem odd that Russia has just now decided it wants Ukraine back only after they renewed the lease on their base in Crimea?

This is only a land grab from Russia because they don't want to have to pay the lease, and what better way to not pay the rent than to just annex it as part of Russia.

I could be wrong, but then again I could be right...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes, they are trying to keep Russia from regaining the power of the USSR. They were countering Russia for the entirety of the Cold War, at any cost.

They want Assad gone and Iran subdued for the same reason: part of the axis of Russian alliance and influence.

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Nobody is trying to keep Russia from growing, but when you decide to try and overthrow a sovereign nation because of a lie then yes the west will have something to say.

Now how long has Ukraine been away from Russia, and doesn't it seem odd that Russia has just now decided it wants Ukraine back only after they renewed the lease on their base in Crimea?

This is only a land grab from Russia because they don't want to have to pay the lease, and what better way to not pay the rent than to just annex it as part of Russia.

I could be wrong, but then again I could be right...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
I am surprised there a few Pro NATO around here judging the fact and considering how NATO has left Libya in an hellhole and what else are you going to be Pro EU and austerity supporter?

The mess in Libya is for Libyans to sort out - all NATO did was expedite the inevitable, Gaddafi was done for anyway, but at least we didn't allow Libya to become the total crapfest Syria is - something all you lot where dead against, but now we're 3 years down the line, no end in sight, ISIS running rampant, Syria's neighbour Iraq on the verge of collapse and nearly 200,000 people killed. Had the West intervened, like we were going to before all the hand wringers and apologists like you came out, then Syria wouldn't be the mess it is and ISIS wouldn't be an issue.

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
The austerity measures hasn't helped Europe. But go on try to defend it.

Actually, they prevented the total collapse of the Euro, but I don't expect you to be able to have any grasp on economics, Agent. In the UK, for example, austerity has done exactly what the Government has said it would and now we're on the verge of 3.5%+ growth this year - the fastest in the Western World.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Yes, they are trying to keep Russia from regaining the power of the USSR. They were countering Russia for the entirety of the Cold War, at any cost.

The only one who stopped Russia from growing, was Russia itself, and it's backwards communist government that collapsed in upon itself. But...blame everyone else. It was a rotten regime, that swallowed up perfectly INNOCENT countries that never attacked them during WW2. It is for that reason alone, that it's government deserved to be removed from existence.

And, I don't see a lot of people stopping Russia, at this moment. They swiped Crimea, and are gobbling up Eastern Ukraine, while absolutely no one in the world community does a thing about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i have no doubts that the USSR was a tyrannical regime.

But your statements also would demonstrate to me that you are not aware or acknowledging the foreign policy of the United States over the last 60 years. The CIA and our military have done things as bad internationally as anything that Stalin or the CIA dreamt up. All on paper. All factual.

So, it is impossible to have such complete judgement for the USSR if you are acknowledging the history of which I speak.

As to stopping Russia now, most definitely part of our Middle Eastern policy is to knock out Russian client regimes, including Syria and Iran. And, many people argue that the US was behind the move to install the current ANTI-Russian regime in Ukraine. I think that you need to look at what is going on a little more in depth, not just rely on the view the mainstream media portrays.

originally posted by: Catacomb

The only one who stopped Russia from growing, was Russia itself, and it's backwards communist government that collapsed in upon itself. But...blame everyone else. It was a rotten regime, that swallowed up perfectly INNOCENT countries that never attacked them during WW2. It is for that reason alone, that it's government deserved to be removed from existence.

And, I don't see a lot of people stopping Russia, at this moment. They swiped Crimea, and are gobbling up Eastern Ukraine, while absolutely no one in the world community does a thing about it.

edit on 28-7-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

i have no doubts that the USSR was a tyrannical regime.

But your statements also would demonstrate to me that you are not aware or acknowledging the foreign policy of the United States over the last 60 years. The CIA and our military have done things as bad internationally as anything that Stalin or the CIA dreamt up. All on paper. All factual.

And the USSR had the KGB.

They all play their little spy games, so it's not as if the USSR, or modern day Russia is exempt. And, I never said America was a golden boy, either. I don't remember the USA swallowing up another country against their will, though. You can let me know which one they did, if I'm wrong.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I don't remember the USA swallowing up another country against their will, though.
a reply to: Catacomb

US does not swallow countries, it changes regimes to make them puppets. In the process "immense" destruction, chaos and calamity takes place. Then contracts are given to US and friendly countries to repair the damage caused by the instigation of the civil war.

Swallowing up a country makes US responsible for everyday matters. So after Iraq experience, US does not put the boots on the ground, it just creates a mess and watches from distance like an EVIL VULTURE !!

SICK !

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I wonder if Putin actually wants to conquer parts of Ukraine or if he feels like exposing Obama and toying with him.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

I'd love for you to provide an example of such a country that has been turned into a "puppet" or has been sold out to US companies for contracts....

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

no time to get involved in "stubborn" arguments where people do not accept facts and worst "twist" them to suit their BS.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

So that would be a no then?

I'm not sure what "facts" it is I am not accepting - surely if you had such "facts", you would present them? The bottom line is, however, that the US has not set up any such "puppet" Government anywhere and it is merely hyperbole on your part.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb
I agree with you.
This debate of whether Russia or the US is worse just feels odd to me these days in connection with Ukraine.

There are ideals in America about individual freedom etc. I think they are very important for the world.
And in the Soviet Union about collective freedom and economic freedom.
I even accept some of these theoretically (like the goal of elimination of poverty by collective action etc.), but these ideals have been abandoned by recent Russian empire-building. Indeed, all the former Soviet states threw theirs away...

I recommend the online film "the Soviet Story" - The Soviet Story Onlineit is odd how much the USSR looked and behaved like Nazi Germany - far more than mainstream history admits.
edit on 8/3/2014 by Kokatsi because: delete excess but and however

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

The Russians as people are very different from Americans.

The Russians always prefer a strong State and expect a lot of services from the State.

This expectation is very different from many Americans who want minimal non-invasive government.

The Russian government reflects thoughts and aspirations of Russian people.

The ideals of freedom of speech, individualism etc. are logical only in a strong moral society. The current American society is decadent and self-centered. The Americans are on the path to self-destruction.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
a reply to: Kokatsi

The Russians as people are very different from Americans.

The Russians always prefer a strong State and expect a lot of services from the State.

This expectation is very different from many Americans who want minimal non-invasive government.

The Russian government reflects thoughts and aspirations of Russian people.

The ideals of freedom of speech, individualism etc. are logical only in a strong moral society. The current American society is decadent and self-centered. The Americans are on the path to self-destruction.

from what i remember the roaring 20's was a pretty decadent time for BOTH Countries,,,

except Canada,,, they were good,, making Whiskey
,, ohh and playing Hockey.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join