It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Abbott offers 50 Australian police to help secure MH17 site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

No, thanks. I don't enjoy russian propaganda as Sunday afternoon entertainment. If you want to fall for their BS then go for your life.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
No . Mr Abbott is serious about sending in 50 Australian police to secure the landing site. The officers have already been dispatched to London.

There were like 37 Australians on that plane. 194 dutch. Both countries want to collect their dead and start an investigation.

The Australian people want this to happen and so does Abbott. I believe most people are in support of it.

I bet you many of those 50 Aussie police will be SERT officers. I've seen these guys in action and in the office doing a fundraiser one time. Just standing there asking for a $2 raffle ticket these guys are large and intimidating. And all they do all day is train.

SERT Queensland

edit on 27-7-2014 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Isn't there now a rough total of 200 Australian personnel having been sent?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It's a really stupid idea, and I see it as a no win situation. Going to the area this late in the piece is unlikely to achieve anything significant, but it does put Aussies in harm's way.

What will Abbott do if our personnel are attacked and possibly killed?

He jumped to conclusions based on zero evidence and now wants to eagerly drop personnel into a dangerous situation seemingly without an adequate assessment of risk. It may just be that the bigger players have assessed him as too reactionary and are happy for him to put Australians in the firing line.

Deal with your domestic problems, Tony, and keep us the hell out of geopolitical affairs. We are not a big global player, and frankly we should be keeping our heads down and noses clean as we stuck right in the middle of the East/West schism given our dependence on China for our economy and the US for protection/securing our sea transportation lanes.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

No, thanks. I don't enjoy russian propaganda as Sunday afternoon entertainment. If you want to fall for their BS then go for your life.

Better than falling for every bull# under the sun like you. I remember back to that other post where you couldnt even explain what you had against zionism.
Now no one get my wrong I am no fan of zionism however you & poster "myself is myself" couldnt even explain in concise coherent educated terms what you had against it which just makes me think your a parrot! Any new opinions to offer since you are evidently such a switched on type of guy.

edit on 27-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I bet you many of those 50 Aussie police will be SERT officers. I've seen these guys in action and in the office doing a fundraiser one time. Just standing there asking for a $2 raffle ticket these guys are large and intimidating. And all they do all day is train.

Big whoop de do you think you think war ravaged separatists who,ve been in combat for months defending their own soil or Russians worried by such. Do these tough guys have any combat experience?
Maybe they could send them down to Sydney since they will not need to to travel so far to deal with terrorists or terrorism in future many mid east folks from both sides getting very angry plus they are in large numbers like a pressure cooker just waiting to blow. Australia talks big but cant even get its own house in order!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Anyone interested in this topic please read this article. I believe it is non-biased and a must read.

www.wsws.org...

I believe the decision to land our armed forces were made the same time the plan to have an airliner shot down over the warzone was. Is that crazy ?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 74joff

Big whoop de do you think you think war ravaged separatists who,ve been in combat for months defending their own soil or Russians worried by such. Do these tough guys have any combat experience?
Maybe they could send them down to Sydney since they will not need to to travel so far to deal with terrorists or terrorism in future many mid east folks from both sides getting very angry plus they are in large numbers like a pressure cooker just waiting to blow. Australia talks big but cant even get its own house in order!

Yes, they ought to be very worried, but not by special emergency response team. If it were special services I would actually laugh at anything other than trembling in fear to the point those poor widdle separatists sht themselves.

Australia doesn't talk big - all it's doing is bring it's dead home from a shocking terrorist act and if you think even for a second that it would be a good idea for anyone there to engage them, I would be surprised.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I dont know what to think any more as average pleb.
Some reports say AFP some say ADF yet others claim AFP without firearms which is pathetic for their own self protection since that would make them less heavily armed than here in Australia policing against the mostly layed back aussie citizenry(we have all been disarmed afterall, just to remind our nth american posters).
I dont think abbott knows himself changing by the hour as he formulates the insanity!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It's nice to at least see him behaving somewhat well in his role, for a change. What a shame it took such a horrendous thing. I don't question his devotion to Australia and I even support a few policies - enough for me to vote Liberal at the next federal election.

I think people are detecting a really, really staged event and the more I look at it myself, the more I might be one of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think the sooner people in australia get over this idea that governments and civil services actually give a dam about them and adopt a truly more Libertarian/civil liberties point view(not political libertarian) the more free a society we will be right now we have too much of conformist phony jingoist attitude including here at ats.
Australia nothing to be proud(sport does not cut it) of just a big quarry or client state that does not own anything and very soon will not be producing any thing companies out sourcing more and more to cheaper nations all the time!.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

That will happen in time, I'm hope. I just can't take seeing that whinging cow Sarah Hanson-Young having a massive wah wah on TV about boat people and not one of them is seen to be actually looking after their electorate. Why on earth are they so enchanted with lying little potential dole bludging foreigners? I suppose because if they ever get to vote it's because they vote left-wing.

I ask them same question as you - how on earth are there still people who fall for government BS?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Said that because you seem to be sucking up the msn and government line on everything big time. looking more & more like the proverbial conformist.
I couldn't careless about Australia as a nation. I am not nationalist nor proud of what it has become my only concern are individual rights on the personal level/civil liberties for example in this thread the right to take a different view without being lambasted & accused of being callous over m17 etc.. when it has nothing do with me I feel no connection to those families concerned.Its certainly not worth starting ww3 over, however accept barbarism is the goals used by globalists to desensitize folks to death & chaos, part the culling process Australians don't really understand nwo so they will continue to be suckers for msn and bad governments.Its pity we dont have more truthers in Australia.

As far I am concerned Australia lost its way in the 1980s ever on from that point has been downward decline.
Given that in I am in my late 30s actually remember that decade and how Australia was before Globalisation & various symptoms of it!. I also realise how worthless my citizenship is!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think it lost it's way when we started selling all our assets. And let american troops base themselves on our soil, and take our guns away with not so much as a coronial enquiry into Pt Arthur, And the backwards laws that are destroying our unique environment. Dredging the reef, logging old forest, Open pit uranium mining, fracking, and the list goes on.

And the apathy or plain lack of awareness amongst our society is incredible.

Can people not see what is coming for our Country if we are committed to being involved in this ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join