It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

morality check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
24 year old teacher arrested and felony charges filed for having sex with a 14 year old boy

I'm sure everyone has read the story if not check it here.

I'm kind of torn about the charges that were brought upon this young lady for her behavior.
On one hand, looking at it from being a male teenager (long ago) can only be considered as the epitome of all feats. The boy is probably the envy of every pubescent boy in the world. No teenager will ever top having sex with a "hot" teacher. In her own classroom to boot.
On the other hand, being the father of a teenage girl if the roles were reversed. I'd have to say I would want the guy responsible drawn and quartered. But in the same aspect, in this day and age where a 14 year old girl most often looks like a 17 year old or older. Can you blame a twenty something year old wanting to "hook up" with a very attractive teenage female?

We all know that teenagers are having sex, some as early as 12. I blame this on the parents.

At what point does age stop playing a decisive role as to what's right and what's wrong? It appears the legally decided age is 18. No one bats an eyelash when you see 70 year old men in the company of 20 something year old women. The roles are even being reversed. I'm sure all the women in the world are saying "you go Demi". I even heard Evana Trump has a new show coming out with something along the lines of getting younger men.

When it boils down to it I guess I'm under the impression that the charges brought before this women are just a little too harsh. Yea, she has issues but those felony charges are going to stick with her for the rest of her life.

Thoughts people?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
She had sex with a minor...period. She's screwed. She KNEW exactly how old he was, as anyone can do the math (in a certain grade, then a certain age). Sure, he's the envy of many kids no doubt, but SHE should have known better. He's not even the age of consent (in most states 16), so she's really screwed.

70 year olds with 20 year olds are a different matter, as both involved are ADULTS and can thus decide such issues for themselves. This does NOT apply to children, including teenage minors.

new topics

join