It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If ... Star Trek wan't real???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What If Star Trek wan't real? Where would that leave us?
I for one would be hugely disappointed that our future was not full of hope and optimism. I'd hate a future where we didn't exist in some sort of galactic alien partnership. If all we ha to look forward to was endless struggle it would be hell. I'm so glad we have vsomething to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

Err... as far as I know Star Trek isn't real. Did I miss something?

I agree about wanting hope for the future and all but I doubt it's coming from any galactic neighbors. With our luck and the way things are going for humans if we did find aliens it would probably be the Klingon's.

Still, hope springs eternal.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Have you been drinking ?

The only reason I ask is because of some of the spelling mistakes.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
But it isn't real, it is just a movie. Just because we invented the cell phone doesn't mean we will invent starships. If everyone was a slave and worked their butt off for barely enough to live, we might be able to make a starship in a thousand years. But at the rate we are destroying the environment, we will be gone in a hundred. So no use worrying about that. I am sure a bunch of scientists would like to get unlimited funding to TRY to build a starship. Let's just take care of our world instead of worrying about sending a small group into space to survive twenty years before they die off.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

"What If Star Trek wan't real? Where would that leave us? "

Without our cell phones, tricorders, and tribbles.
What a nightmare....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Well for the lady's there would be Kirk to look forward to plus Pointy ears' if they like that kind of thing and violent ridged headed men if that was there particular fancy but for me it would mean several century's of mini skirt wearing pretty woman.
Nah that is not bleak at all though I don't fancy the transporter.

But the worst outcome would be to be zapped into the mirror universe and find yourself in a pain booth.

The universe is vast though and there may be being's who have figured out how to travel faster than light, if there region is short of resource they may tend to colonized more resource rich region's and though unpalatable conflict may be an inevitable outcome unless some elder race learned it's lessons' long ago and sat nanny over all the other races which is even more implausible except in a densely populated universe as it may then be in there self interest.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What?

Star Trek not real?

That's just crazy talk!

I'm contacting the ship and having Scotty beam be aboard and getting off this lunatic asylum of a planet. Then I'm having Bones give me a shot of some of the good stuff so I can chill out after such a bummer shore leave. Think I'll replicate a liter or two of Romulan Ale, that ought to do the trick.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
What?

Star Trek not real?

That's just crazy talk!

I'm contacting the ship and having Scotty beam be aboard and getting off this lunatic asylum of a planet. Then I'm having Bones give me a shot of some of the good stuff so I can chill out after such a bummer shore leave. Think I'll replicate a liter or two of Romulan Ale, that ought to do the trick.

Idon't think you're taking this seriously. Scotty and Bones don't exist yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Can you see the future and are having visions of a future "star trek" society?
edit on 7/23/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

What If Star Trek wan't real?

In a world where Star Trek wasn't real, the living would envy the dead.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think you guys all forget, or don't know, that in the Star Trek universe humanity goes trough a lot of ordeals before finally breaking the light barrier and meeting benevolent aliens willing to lend a hand to humanity.

Temporal Agent Daniels informs Captain Archer that three Reptilian Xindi have traveled back in time to Detroit, Michigan, Earth, to the year 2004, where they intend to hide out and produce a bioweapon to destroy Earth

The crew of the Defiant is thrown back in time to 2024 on Earth. The United States of America has attempted to solve the problem of homelessness by erecting "Sanctuary Districts" where unemployed and/or mentally ill persons are placed in makeshift ghettos.

They recognize it as a similar phenomenon that reportedly consumed the Ares IV, a command module used in Earth's Mars mission in 2032

2049-2053
WW3

2054-2079
Post-Atomic horror

First Contact

2266–2267
Star Trek Season 1

So is this that far from reality? Baby steps is how we could get there and it's quite normal.
Hopefully, we won't have to go through a post atomic ww3 to get there.

We need to prove benevolent aliens that we are worth it before getting all the goodies!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy

I have bones.

Scotland is full of scotties.

I think we just need to somehow fuse these things. You get the superglue, I'll get the timewarper.

Oo

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

What?

Star Trek not real?

That's just crazy talk!

Buddy, I'm taking this topic as seriously as I possibly can.

Do you really think that the future envisioned by the Star Trek franchise is some real utopian paradise we should all aspire to?

There are so many inconsistencies, lame plots and impossible situations to deal with I barely know where to begin.

How about the total communistic society with no money. If you had everything you want provided for you without effort, including a holodeck, why would you even want to leave your home much less strive for mobility in the hierarchy of some federation space military aboard a war vessel?

Why try to climb that ladder if you just go back home to the same apartment with nothing to show for it?

Then there is that non interference directive that was normally total ignored, almost every time. Then we have the politically correct second generation and now the whole new alternate Star Trek Universe thing going on. Please give me a break, it's all entertainment and complete nonsense in regards to any future we may have left.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

What?

Star Trek not real?

That's just crazy talk!

Buddy, I'm taking this topic as seriously as I possibly can.

Do you really think that the future envisioned by the Star Trek franchise is some real utopian paradise we should all aspire to?

There are so many inconsistencies, lame plots and impossible situations to deal with I barely know where to begin.

How about the total communistic society with no money. If you had everything you want provided for you without effort, including a holodeck, why would you even want to leave your home much less strive for mobility in the hierarchy of some federation space military aboard a war vessel?

Why try to climb that ladder if you just go back home to the same apartment with nothing to show for it?

Then there is that non interference directive that was normally total ignored, almost every time. Then we have the politically correct second generation and now the whole new alternate Star Trek Universe thing going on. Please give me a break, it's all entertainment and complete nonsense in regards to any future we may have left.

Because as a future captain will say one day, "To better ourslves. For the challenge!"

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wait, so you guys are all saying Star Trek is not a documentary. Hmmmm, learn something new every day I guess.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I can meet my personal goals of self improvement in the holodeck, or get the brain implant app. I don't need to feel inferior in some hierarchy and brown nose the captain so I can feel I have personal growth. I feel I can better myself without participating in the wars the Federation wants to fight out in space.

Besides, who can say what type of activities will be considered self improvements a few hundred years in the future? I bet what ever that might be, it will be extreme anyway you cut it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Is this a joke?

There is also some thing called spell checker, you might want to check into that...

It made for a great laugh laugh though.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What ???? !!!!!! does that mean there arent any green women ?????!!! was hoping ex-wife 14 would be green ..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

A little alcohol, and some liquid latex and dreams come true...........I have a great girlfriend by the way

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If it was not real then there is no Kirk so who did all the Star Trek ladies sleep with?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join